Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parlour Style ball handeling system

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Parlour Style ball handeling system

well i finaly sat down tonight and enjoyed a real luxury and trust me it was a luxury to play my machines without having the mad "feever scramble" thanks to the parlour style ball handeling system iv been building and have finaly finished

well im not to good at writing a how to but here is an idea and if anyone needs any help then im more than willing to give it if you contact me as specific questions are easyer to answer than trying to remember what im done over the last month and a half as i had to re decorate and build new furniture for the bedroom to be able to fit it in the small space that i have

the sytem is designed to work like a parlours it will fill the last machine in line then as the hopper is full the balls back up the feed pipe to feed the next one and the next one ect untill they back up and fill the main hopper and then turns the ball lifter off with the tredle switch that is included with the ball lifter

the lifter i used is the orange one that i brought off Arby that he also has for sale in the pachitalk auctions

so heres an idea of what i did

first i built a cupbord / side bord big enough to take the machines on top that i wanted to use i made it big enough to take three machines giving me a variaty of cells for easy changing (2 lumina frames and 1 heiwa) but it is easy enough to change frame if need be for a difrent manufactura ie tayo for top gun azure for fireworks or cutie honey ect

So first i built the cupbords the size i neaded
    then placed teh empty cabinets (i have to admit i cheated and brought them from 777heaven as i have tried making cabs in teh past and well lets just say they didnt turn out to well not the 1st 2nd or 3rd atempt and they were teh right price)

cabinets in place i placed i decided where the hopper was going to go that fed the machines and made a hopper that was big enough to keep up in a feever that way if all three frames hit a feever at teh same time (chance in a million) there is no way the ball lifter would keep up but with a good head of balls to start with it shouldent struggle and will catch up son after the other thing that needs to be considered is the tredle that turns the ball lifter off when the hopper is full bare in mind the tredle was designed to go in a machien hopper not one of this size so the floor space of the hopper needs to be small with high sides and i put a stronger spring in the tredle so it dosent turn the lifter off till there is quite a wait of balls on it and also you need to think of how your going to feed the machines hopper number 1 that i made was great till the system was filled compleatly as i made it with the pipes that feed the machines attached to teh sides where as hopper number 2 had a sloping side and the feed pipes attached to teh floor of the hopper

Hopper number 1 failier Hopper number 2 sucsess !!!

you can just see the black square on the floor of teh hopper wich is the tredle switch to the ball lifter and the disc of wood cut to allow the pipes to be attached i have kept the disk as it fits back in the hole and plugs the pipe from the feed hopper without having to empty the hopper to work on that part of the system

next was to install the feed pipes the easyest smoothest and bes way i could find was 40mm push fit waste pipe i tride 33mm but for some reason the balls cloged up in there and dreaded what it would be like when the system was full so having gone up a size to 40mm found there was no clogging so the sides of the cabinets were drilled to allow the pipe to run right through them with a T joint in the middle to load that machines hopper

Bare in mind the feed pipe has to be on quite a slope so as when the system is full and the balls from the machines hopper are used the balls in the pipe start to roll freely to refill the machines hopper T peaces also have a conture inside them to make the balls flow past the T peace untill balls back up as far as the outlet in the T peace

And on the final machine in the row i just put a 90 degree elbow on to direct teh balls into that machines hopper making the system extendable by pulling off the bend and extending the ball feed pipe into the next cabinet

after that it was time to install teh machiens so as to test teh system after a few ball showers and alterations (just fine tuning of the feed pipe angle the machines all played real well and didnt run out of balls next was to install the ball lifter in the cupbord below
    putting it in the cupbord hid it out of the way (this is also mine and my Mrs bedroom ) also cut out alot of the noise and gave the drop needed to get the lost balls back to the lifter

I also had to extend the ball lifters tube in wich it lifts the balls and the easyest way to do this was with mini electrical trunking screwed to some 1x2 to act as a support that was in turn screwed to the hole i cut in the cupbord top to allow the ball lifter out and electrics in

You can just see the white mini trunking with the gaffer tape used to hold it in place while i was testing it

Next was the ball return used to take the lost balls (that usualy fall out the back of the machien in to a tray) back to the ball lifter to be recicled and fed back up to the hopper this i thought was gonna be the hardest of the jobs but turned out to be the easyest of all i cut a hole in the bottom of teh machine cabinet and a hole in the cuppbord top put a peace of vacume cleaner hose through and atached this to some more 40mm waste pipe the reason i used vacume cleaner pipe for the first part is to allow the pipe to flex in to the position that i wanted it in without alot of solid bends that will take up the cupbord space (after all i need somewhere to keep my socks and smalls ) but once in the best place to save space i used the 40mm waste pipe and directed it back to teh ball lifters hopper

after that i had to think a little about how to get teh balls from teh lost ball outlet in the machien to the pipework i had just built a severy manufactura is slitley difrent as to where the let there lost balls out so i read a littel pachitalk and remembered teh pop bottle top funnel i think was a Lucky dog idea and went back to work thus creating a funnel wide enough to allow for the variations in manufacturas that i have

Im sorry its not the best pic in the world but you get the idea next it was time to reinstall the machines

Remove my home made origonal hopper from the middle machien install my new super stadium cell (real wild to play and will put a video and review up later) put the bottoms on the cabinets where the ball trays used to slide in under the machiens to catch lost balls (i just made a pannel up from MDF) and put a bord in to cover the lift tube and electrics

next was to clean up a little and play and enjoy (oh and paint teh main hopper) the system is alot quieter than i thought it would be as the plastic waste pipe deadens alot of sound and the cupbords absorb alot more the hole lot was made from 18mm MDF and 2x2 battoning i hope this helps others who are thinking of embarking the same project it isnt hard to make just took alot of thought about how to get around some of the problems i encountered.

Next i need some parlour chairs and 3 battle counters the counters are on there way but i think my Mrs will need a littel convincing on the chairs
    Last edited by drcrippen324; 02-11-2007 at 05:25 PM.
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

2. The following 42 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Parlour Style ball handeling system

WOW!!! Just awesome!!! Thank you for posting that, Doc!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice job good system for the space.
    What do you shut the flow off with to open the machine?
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ahh sorry forgot to mention that there is a small gap and i mean minute between the cabinets i put a hacsaw blade down there and cut a slit in the pipe so when i want to shut of the flow i just slide a credit card in and teh same gose for the other 2 machiens except the slit for them is hidden behind the panel that hides the ball lifter tube and teh hopper tubes it will be easy to empty the 100 ball left in the pipe space when dave robs dongel appears as it is just the press of a button to empty them off by issuing yourself 100 balls after sliding teh card in until them im happy to open the glass and throw 10 spare balls in the payout pocket and if the machien fails then the 100 balls will just fall in teh bottom of teh cabinet

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

8. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very Very Nice!!

Job Well Done!!

I think we can now forgive you for your absences from here
    over the last week or so.......

......and this excellent Info and Pics will be a handy reference for me when I eventually get everything set-up with my Ball Lifter thingy!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent Job, well done.

Pat yourself on the back from all of us

the 2 liter soda bottle wasn't my idea, I used an oil filler funnel from auto store and conduit clamp to mount it to the back.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

12. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks good

wots the super stadium like any good

Thanks
    Thanks Received

from the littel time i have had to play it its awsome teh way teh reels are on a drum and it revolves to reveal 2 more sets of reels iv seen 2 sets but i think the third is reserved for a feever ill be able to tell you more tomorow ill take some footage of it along with lupen

15. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As you know, i have been building my own cabinets for a while now too.
    When i was shopping for wood, i came accros a rubber cup.
    I was looking more for a rubber sheet, but they did not have that.
    So i bought all the four cups they had in stock.
    It is more then 13 cm at the top and 7 cm at the bottom.
    I cut out an opening on the bottom to let the balls go through.
    I cut about 2 cm deep and then place it on the wooden board in the cabinet.
    Use two screws to put it tight in place and you have one of the best sound dampeners and ball catcher.
    If you look from the top it looks like a smiley with two small metal eyes.
    Then i place my ball tray below it and voila, no balls goes next to the ball tray.
    These do not even cost 2 euro's and can be bought at almost all the do-it-yourself stores.

I added a picture to show what it looks like.
    This one is black, mine are red-orange type rubber.
    If anyone needs some, let me know, i am going to get some more this thursday.....

Good job done on the cabinet and ball system drcrippen.
    I am still thinking how to do my setup, need a ball lifter too.
    Looking at solutions for a cheap type self made ball lifter, but it aint easy.
    Enjoy the games and good luck with your wife on the choice of the chairs...
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Revo1976

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's awesome. I have 3 machines now and I was just toying around with an idea for a low tech centralized ball feed system. I may have to get serious about this and take to to the next level.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to deton8r

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow. Great job, Doc!
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

21. The following user says "Thanks" to fhagar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very impressive Doc
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

23. The following user says "Thanks" to H20Dreams

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great Job Doc - Do you ever travel North towards Leeds? Might need your help to set a similar system for my machines - I'd throw in free B&B:lol8:
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

vary rare im up your end of the country but more than happy to help by phone or skype any time

27. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Super Awesome, Doc!!!!!!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

29. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Fantastic!!! It sure makes the price of a lifter more reasonable, knowing it can feed at least three machines at the same time. Nice system!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

in theory it can feed 4 at once and keep up but if you make the main hopper bigger then it will keep up with more its all about the head of balls you have to start with

32. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Id I had more than one machine I would buy one of them ball lifters in a heart beat, and end up doing what youve got done here.

34. The following user says "Thanks" to maury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great Work Andi!

and i thought you said you hated DIY

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok guys and Girls of the uk i say uk as this one will sting you on the shipping to anywhere else unfortunatly im gonna have to let my baybies go so keep your eyes out in the pachi auctions there will be a hole load of stuff going in one for a very reasnoble price including ball lifter new and used ball trays aprox 5000 balls vids dvds playguides a lupin 3 worlds with a maharaja cell a murmaids machine a superstadium and maybe even a julie pinball 2 of dave robs dongles one with a card reader pipe work for teh ball managment of 3 machines and 3 cabinets only catch is the cabs are already cut as shown above for the ball handeling system i will list it as soon as i can but in the mean time pm me if you are intrested and if we can agree a figure i will post a private auction i promis you wont ba disapointed with all the gear here at castle crippen the only thing that wont e leaving me at teh moment is my nail adjusting set and my cell cleaner

37. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast