Thread: Maharaja Questions and Mystery Part ID

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Maharaja Questions and Mystery Part ID

Some of this may be mentioned in the "spirited" SSlot thread, but I wanted to post these specific questions about the machine here so they wouldn't get lost over there. The machine seems to work ok after I fixed the transformer. It's a blast and could possibly be our favorite machine! I do have some initial questions for those who own this one or are familiar with Heiwa frames like this.

1) There is something that looks like a grounding tab on the frame. This is on the top of the frame as shown here with door open. The second pic is what normally hits that metal springy thing. Am I missing something in the second pic? There was a tiny spring hanging out of that little rectangular slot. Not sure what this was for or if it's critical. From the looks of it, maybe there was a button here that pushed in when the door hit the metal tab??

Top of frame with door open.

And the part that hits that springy thing in the first picture. This is on the door:

2) On the right side of the playfield there is a little 7-segment display. This looks similar to the ones found on Sankyo games that displays something during fevers. Mine normally displays what looks like a lower case "h". Is this normal (maybe "h" for Heiwa?) ? During fevers it changes to numbers.

3) The disco ball on mine is always spinning. I take it this is normal? And the motor that spins it...well, it isn't whisper silent. You can't hear it when you're playing, but when it's sitting there in a quiet room, you CAN hear it humming along. Sounds a little like a PC fan. Normal?

4) This is more a mechanical question...one of the things that was damaged during shipping is one of the small door support/alignment tabs that is part of the frame. There are two aluminum tabs on the lower part of the frame and they insert into the door to make sure it aligns with the frame correctly. One broke off during shipment. I would never have known, had I not found the piece floating around the bottom of the box. My question is, is this that critical? There is another tab still intact and the door is aligned and doesn't sag. I will be putting it in a cabinet and rarely if ever swing the door out from the frame. Can I live with this without problems down the road?

Where the tab broke off on the lower part of frame, near door hinge:

The poor little busted tab:

5) And finally the Mystery Part. I found this floating at the bottom of the box with the other "spare" pieces. I can't find where this came from!?! Any ideas what it is?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Maharaja Questions and Mystery Part ID

Ok I can go ahead and answer a couple of the questions myself, now.

For 1), yes, there was a push button in that slot...I found a similar sensor elsewhere. This is/was a door open sensor. This also solves 5), the Mystery part. That's the actual "button" piece that fell out. I guess I can either fix it or fake the sensor input so it always thinks the door is closed.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice picture fronzdan. I don't own a Heiwa, but these are my impressions.

On number 2. If this is like the display on my Galaxy, the readout represents nothing in the English language.

On number 3. I would say yes. Chrisdice had a machine at the convention that acted the same way. He added a in-line switch so he could turn that part off when he was not playing and wished to keep the machine on.

On number 4. I would doubt if it mattered.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to johntofva

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes teh mirror ball is ment to stay spinning and it is normal to sound liek a pc fan

the door alingment tab can be live without and yes fake teh sencer

oh and at a guess as iv never worked it out the display is in hexadecimal if that helps and no you wont understand it as it took me ages to understand hex and still dont know what the display means even though i can tell you what teh number it is actualy trying to display is
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

6. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by johntofva View Post

On number 3. I would say yes. Chrisdice had a machine at the convention that acted the same way. He added a in-line switch so he could turn that part off when he was not playing and wished to keep the machine on.
    Excellent idea! That's an easy mod if I can get to it.

Thanks for the replies....

8. The following user says "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hmm...I forget how to close a ticket. I've done it before, but can't, for the life of me, find where that "close" option is now.