Some of this may be mentioned in the "spirited" SSlot thread, but I wanted to post these specific questions about the machine here so they wouldn't get lost over there. The machine seems to work ok after I fixed the transformer. It's a blast and could possibly be our favorite machine! I do have some initial questions for those who own this one or are familiar with Heiwa frames like this.

1) There is something that looks like a grounding tab on the frame. This is on the top of the frame as shown here with door open. The second pic is what normally hits that metal springy thing. Am I missing something in the second pic? There was a tiny spring hanging out of that little rectangular slot. Not sure what this was for or if it's critical. From the looks of it, maybe there was a button here that pushed in when the door hit the metal tab??

Top of frame with door open.

And the part that hits that springy thing in the first picture. This is on the door:

2) On the right side of the playfield there is a little 7-segment display. This looks similar to the ones found on Sankyo games that displays something during fevers. Mine normally displays what looks like a lower case "h". Is this normal (maybe "h" for Heiwa?) ? During fevers it changes to numbers.

3) The disco ball on mine is always spinning. I take it this is normal? And the motor that spins it...well, it isn't whisper silent. You can't hear it when you're playing, but when it's sitting there in a quiet room, you CAN hear it humming along. Sounds a little like a PC fan. Normal?

4) This is more a mechanical question...one of the things that was damaged during shipping is one of the small door support/alignment tabs that is part of the frame. There are two aluminum tabs on the lower part of the frame and they insert into the door to make sure it aligns with the frame correctly. One broke off during shipment. I would never have known, had I not found the piece floating around the bottom of the box. My question is, is this that critical? There is another tab still intact and the door is aligned and doesn't sag. I will be putting it in a cabinet and rarely if ever swing the door out from the frame. Can I live with this without problems down the road?

Where the tab broke off on the lower part of frame, near door hinge:

The poor little busted tab:

5) And finally the Mystery Part. I found this floating at the bottom of the box with the other "spare" pieces. I can't find where this came from!?! Any ideas what it is?