Thread: First Vintage Pachinko picked up!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Vintage Pachinko picked up!

I finally have a vintage Pachinko! Got it for only $39 on Ebay because I picked it up in person. shipping sucks LOL. I think the machine was a steal! Its a Nishijin Machine with a Dolphin theme.

Not the best of themes but who cares its VINTAGE.. The guy was the original owner and then put it away in storage in his basement after a few years of use. It came built in a floor standing case.. I didnt ask if he made it but most likely he did. The machine was completely coated with smoke Tar The wires were covered in it too and all of the parts in the back. levers, hinges, pully, wires, hopper trays and chutes were full of it and dirt. So after replacing the power cord checking all of the wires and 6 straight hours of cleaning the entire machine, I have a really nice smooth working Vintage pachinko! I did discover something by accident with the cleaning. I usually use WD40 to take off the tar which it did but the parts still looked very dirty as if the tar and dirt burned its way into the machine over the years just sitting. I took off the cover on the back of a small motor which seems to help the balls along a chute, to try to clean it with soap and water and a plastic scrub pad. Well sitting next to me was my vinegar windex bottle and cloth that I just cleaned the glass with and I thought what the hell let me spray the cover with it and???????? Just like in an informercial as I sprayed the cover with the windex the tar and yellowing was breaking up and almost cleaning itself!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable

So I was one happy camper after 3 hrs of cleaning I could really clean the machine. so 2 hrs later about 5 lbs of tar are now out of the machine and things shine like I was back in the 70s again! It worked great on the ball track in the cell and the pin heads as well as everything else in the cell although it took lots of work and many many Q tips which became black immediatley from soaking up the dirt. I removed the bulbs and cleand them too. I noticed that many things including the bulb mounts were attatched to the machine with staples??? I didnt like that so out went the staples and in went the screws. Using screws on the light bulb mount also made it easy to access the bulb to remove bad ones ,a nice plus! So after hours of prep in went the balls on went the power and WOW what a fun machine! I am amazed at how easy the ball shooter works and how silent it is save for the great sound of the balls rolling around the track after being shot. Way cool. I love the amount of control that you have when shooting the balls it really makes you more of a participent like with Pachislos unlike an observer with the modern pachinkos. The light on the right comes on and the bell rings as you hit winning pockets. The light in the upper left only seems to come on when the hopper is empty I guess thats all its for, too bad it would look nice lighting when the other light comes on as well. Guess I will have to wire for that LOL. Another great thing about it is that you dont seem to need a tray in the back to play, the balls stay in the machine!!!!! I guess this is semi cyclic? I have much too read up on and learn about these vintage machines.

Its really wonderful to play with the action focused on the balls bouncing around the pins and not looking at a video screen. Without the music and tons of noise that my modern pachinkos have with their electric ball shooters its quite relaxing. Vintage pachinkos are really fun relaxing and enjoyable machines! In 20 mins I will know if I have won 2 more! Including a really cool mahjong pachinko and guess what I dont have room for this one!!!!!!!!!! I have to keep this one in a closet untill I want to play itand then put it back when Im done hope theres room for 3 in that closet! sorry for the ramble but it was an exciting day! Not too mention that I got 2 toy 70s plastic pinball machines yesterday I will have to show you guys those cool things as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 18 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Vintage Pachinko picked up!

Congratulations......It sounds like a wonderful machine.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to johntofva

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will probably only ever have one in my collection but I really like having a single shooter. It's a whole different way to play.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations, Eddie. Been there, done that. Right down to using windex sprayed on the cloth, etc. to do the tobacco and smoke and tar cleaning. Very cool! Thanks for the review of your experience!

7. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah yes now you can appreciate the subtle dance of the sphere with the nail. I too like that factory sem-icyclic frame. As several here already (Eric) knows this is a favorite of mine. No reach around! CONGRATS ON SUCH AN ENJOYABLE MACHINE! I have the same frame for my pachinko experiment. Ugly stained playfield but nice chrome and mechanism
    i find if you place it in a quite corner it like the attention.
    I like this frame as much as my single shot fully cyclic Hokoku.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I forgot to mention did you notice the Red Square sticker in the lower left of the cell glass? Its the place where the machine was first bought..Pachinko Palace in NJ can it be the same PP thats on ebay? If thats the case they have
    been around for some time.
    Led Zepplin

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eddie I have seen the same type sticker on other pachinko's I have come across. Pachinko Palace might have been one of the first to sell pachinkos's on US soil.???
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

12. The following user says "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Eddie - Congrats!
    Pachinkos:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vicky Chance
    Pachislos:
    Mach Go Go Go, Super Blackjack, Yamato

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Delgrieve

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face Re: First Vintage Pachinko picked up!

Quote Originally Posted by slothappy144 View Post
    As several here already (Eric) knows this is a favorite of mine.
    This is bad! When I first seen the photos I though you would like this one. Hows the smile your fixer upper doing?

Nice find Eddie hope you enjoy your vintage machine as much as I enjoy mine.
    Eric C.
    CRアクアパラダイスGP CRラッセンワールドMJ

16. The following user says "Thanks" to chmer01

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well done! Vintage play is lots of fun. Good luck with the Mahjongg machine.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

18. The following user says "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very, very nice Eddie - another great addition to your collection

Great price also
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dolphins are coool !!

and Good Luck with the MahJong Machine too!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

22. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I forgot to mention did you notice the Red Square sticker in the lower left of the cell glass? Its the place where the machine was first bought..Pachinko Palace in NJ can it be the same PP thats on ebay? If thats the case they have
    been around for some time.
    Yes, PP used to sell them a long time ago. Eric told me he quit selling them because people in the US just didn't understand the idea of pachinko and were constantly unhappy. I think they've been around since the early 90's.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    Dolphins are coool !!

Good Luck with the MahJong Machine too!!

I lost out to a person without a history of bidding on Pachislo or Pachinkos!

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    Well done! Vintage play is lots of fun. Good luck with the Mahjongg machine.
    I didnt nab the Cool mahjjong! I got beat out. I hope another comes around someday! Maybe a Dream Dong Vegas...
    Last edited by Eddie; 02-04-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Led Zepplin

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to beat a Dead horse or" Dolphine" in this case but... Does any one have info on this machine? My question is this. In the center of the cell under the large dolpine in the pic is a large clear space that goes to the back of the machine sort of like a box. Is that supposed to be filed with balls which are then released as a jackpot? or is there supposed to be something there that is missing? the photos cant get into the area for a good view of the space. On a modern machine thats where a vid screen would go on this machine its just an unusuall empty space or I should say clear plastic box right in the middle of the cell?
    Led Zepplin

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Eddie-

Not for certain that something is missing in that area. Looking at the photos it appears to be a shoot that guides the ball down so that it will go into the lower center tulip. If you could send me high resolution photos (min 800x600dpi) of the front and back center areas I may be able to figure it out. I’ll PM you my e-mail address.
    Eric C.
    CRアクアパラダイスGP CRラッセンワールドMJ

30. The following user says "Thanks" to chmer01