Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got electrical questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Got electrical questions

After seeing BB post about using an old hopper and converting it into a token counter it got my brain smokin. (what little brain I do have)

I have an old Continental III that is dead. I have taken out the counters and hopper. Its an older machine so everywhere you look is a computer type board.

I assume I would have to keep the 100volt system. but here are my questions....

Picture 265.jpg

can I hook up the power wires up to the power supply and the coin sensor wires to my counter?

Picture 268.jpg

or do I need to go through all this mumbo jumbo with the boards and 4 feet of about 40 wires just to get a working converted token counter?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Got electrical questions

you'll need a 24v transformer(supplies 24vac) connect this to a bridge rectifier(converts to 24vdc) this will spin the motor. then just run power to the switch on the hopper and through to the counter.rectifier is about $3.00 at radioshack.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

so the main power unit I have wouldn't work then? http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/atta...8&d=1169522534

which one of these would I need? http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...rectifier&sr=1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the power supply would probably work. try it. just plug it in disconnect everything except the hopper and hit the dump switch.if it works your good if not it may be in error mode without everything hooked up.when i was experimenting with using hopper motors to power ball lifts i was using the second one down on your list and had no problems pushing balls up an 8ft tall tube. you may just be able to hook a counter in line with the switch while it is still in the machine and it will work as both a pachi and a counter!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I won't be using anything else, the machine is dead. I was just gonna use the counter, power supply and hopper out of it.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

anyone care to tell me what wire goes where? lol

Pic of power cord edit: sorry for the bad pic, top wire is black/white.... bottom is obviously all black.

Picture 273.jpg

where would the two wires go?

Picture 275.jpg

pic of the wires going to the hopper.

Picture 276.jpg

where would the three wires go?

Picture 277.jpg

The reason why I am asking all these questions is due to the fact that every wire has a connector of some sort going to it, and there are 3 circuit boards all connected to gather with those 16-24pin computer connectors. If I were doing my mephisto, street cats or any other hopper, It would have already been done by know.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

first question whats the voltage the hopper motor runs on take a look at the motor it should be marked some of the older machines ran on 100 volt and were switched on via relay mounted on the hopper . others were 24 volt .if its 100 you wont need the 24 volt supply if it's 24 you will . as for the trigger youll need to find out what the signal voltage was from the hopper cause thats what powers the sensor then you need to know what voltage the meters are although you can get 110 volt meters and just replace the sensor with a micro switch to trigger a 110 volt meter if your hopper is 100 volt .

in answer to your questions the power goes to the 0 and 100 volt .since its ac it really doesnt matter but 0-white 100-black

the Out put is the 0 and 24 volt again since its ac it really doesnt matter for the wire placement .you'll need a rectifier to get d.c. anyway and the one in your power supply is probably toast causing your machine to be dead in the first place .

the bottom three wires look like the feeds to the sensor b+(red),b- (black)and the switch leg (white) could be 5 volt , 12 volt , 24 volt

as for the hopper motor dont know till i see the motor data plate could be 100 volt or 24 volt in short need better pics .or get someone with a functional machine to take a few volt readings for you .upon closer inspection of your photos this looks like a universal hopper out of a macy machine and i believe its 100 volt although i could be wrong .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 01-23-2007 at 09:20 AM.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes. in fact it IS a universal hopper and it is indeed from a macy machine... Continental III. I will get pics for Ya as soon as I find the charger for by batteries....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, gotta question, what do I need to do in order to put some power behind this baby?????? 1-200 tokens, no problem. get more than that in there and it stops running.... I also have to "help" get it going, but after it starts no problem as long as there isn't more than 1-200 tokens in the hopper at the same time....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A better stronger hopper!!
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! It is one that I haven't ever seen before, On all my other machines they have about 5 or 6 slots that tokens fall into. this one is just flat, in order to get one token out, you have to have a token with enough force to come behind it and shoot it out.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

15. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes scooby doo, i know. One of my machine has the exact same hopper.
    Just busting chops. Just had to say it, you left yourself open for that one. my hopper will hold about 3/4 full and still work ok.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what are you powering it with 24 volt? or 100 volt?
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

100 volts. I figured what the Hey, wire it up directly to the cord and plug it in, is she throws a breaker then I know not to do it again and make life easier on me and fork out the 2-300 for a counter. I also have to give it a light spin with my finger to get it to start going with no tokens at all in the hopper. Although it spits tokens out at a decent pace, all my other hoppers spit them out faster.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

try disassembling the hopper to get below the sorting plate at the bottom and use some silicone lubricant spray to lubricate the hopper drive mech. also spray any linkage that there may be to the coin shute sounds like you have a dry hopper .......it should pick up and run with no assistance ......
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello peeps!!! I just want to let you guys/gals know that I have tore the hopper appart and there was nothing but filth and itsy bitsy metal shavings, I have determined that the motor is no good. I called the person that I got the machine from and he said that his kids were playing it one day and noticed the error noise kept going off... when he went to investigate he could smell something "hot or burning" there was a jammed token and the kids kept hitting the reset button instead of getting him to see what the problem was. He also said that since then the hopper never wanted to pay out. He said before that happened he could have the hopper over flowing with tokens and it would shoot them out with no problems.

Kinda glad there is no hope for this hopper as I would have to figure out what screws to put in. The screws were very cheap soft ones. You attempt to unscrew them and the head of the screw would "strip".

Thanks BirdBrain and alstonj1 for all your input and Help.....

Now on to my next aggravating thread...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry to hear of your hoppers demise will ther be a open or closed casket viewing ????? can i send flowers instead ?????
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

send tokens!!

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain View Post
    send tokens!!
    Don't those go over it's eyes?