Thread: Vicky has arrived

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vicky has arrived

When I arrived back from our trip I was happy to find my Vicky Pachinko had been delivered. Here are my first impressions on the machine, shipping, etc...

Price - Excellent! I picked up the machine for $167 shipped - although I expect there are even better price to be had.
    Transaction - Good. Not a lot of contact from Samurai slots. This is the second machine I've purchased from them and they don't tend send out much correspondence. Would like to see a bit more interaction with their buyers.
    Shipping - Excellent! Received the machine in less than a week from puchase. It was shipped via Fed Ex and the box arrived in great shape.
    Packing - Fair - Good. The packing was OK. The entire machine was wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in a sturdy cardboard box. The top of the machine had a cardboard cylinder and some other cardboard pieces keeping it from moving. Although it arrived in great shape, I can't help but wonder what would have happened if it has come loose and allowed the machine to move around in the box...
    Machine - Excellent! What can I say it looks great. No dings, dents, etc... It was very clean - unlike my last machine (Evangelion) which was a bit grungy and needs a good cleaning.

Overall Conclusion - I am extremely happy with my purchase and look forward to more. I hope that SS takes a few steps towards improving their packaging and maybe a bit more correspondence would help (although not required if all transactions go so smoothly).

Now I'm off to see if I can hit the 777 and hear some tunes I won't be able to get out of my head!
    Pachinkos:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vicky Chance
    Pachislos:
    Mach Go Go Go, Super Blackjack, Yamato

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to Delgrieve

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vicky has arrived

Thanks for the Update - so pleased it arrived safe and well for you....

and when you've finished playing......

We will expect a Full Report!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just received word that my Vicky is here, and waiting to be opened when I get home! YAY!

Yeah, I was a little nervous about samuraislot/panchinko because of the low customer interaction - also he/they forgot a letter on my address, causing FedEx to not be able to find my house. I did enter my address correctly in PayPal - it appears that panchinko messed up.

BUT, every one seems to love samuraislot/panchinko and not places like VG and TA (I have two machines from TA, and, for me, the customer service was excellent). Bottom line, I trust you all, and can't wait to unbox my new Vicky tonight!

If I get the time, I will write up a session report after I've played with it for a while.

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Abacab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yay! Another member of Club Vicky. (Maybe that doesn't sound too good...)

Anyways - Congrats and I hope it arrived in a good of shape as mine.
    Pachinkos:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion, Vicky Chance
    Pachislos:
    Mach Go Go Go, Super Blackjack, Yamato

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It shouldnt be long for you to hit a bonus, mine pays out like crazy, on sunday it paid out 7 big and 2 small bonuses within minutes of each other. That is way more than the few bonuses that the cutie honey has spit out since I got that at christmas. Ever since that bonus the machine lights up the chance button everytime I turn it on and goes into a mode where the 1-16 lights chases back and forth...is this still a continuation of Sundays big payouts??
    Current Pachislo:Tekken, Giant Pulsar, Onimusha 3, Aladdin Evolution, Neo Magic Pulsar, Death Valley, Beast Sapp, Hokuto no Ken, Ultraman Club ST, Dragon Gal
    Current Pachinko: Cutie Honey, Big Shooter, Vicky Chance, Evangelion 2nd impact

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Vicky has arrived

I just received my Vicky Chance on Tuesday, and WOW! What a beautiful machine! Very loud even at the quiet setting. The machine looks brand new! This is my first Lumina framed machine, and I love it!
    Jerry

10. The following user says "Thanks" to portercbl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I unboxed it last night, and was pleased to find the machine in GREAT shape! There are a couple of very small cigarrette burns/scuffs, and I mean like 3 of them, on the shooter knob and by the ashtray. Other than that, the cell is BEAUTIFUL. Looks brand new, honestly. The tank SPARKLES it's so clean (by the way, the tank looks freaking cool!).

I only played for about an hour and a half last night, and I did not hit a bonus. In fact, I think the machine was already in bonus mode when first turned it on, so it could have recently hit a jackpot or three. Compared to the other machines I own, this one is challenging! I love it! It's challenging to get the balls into the start pocket - I really love how you can't just drop balls into the pocket, you've got to open the flippers first, and you only have half a second to do it! I also like the helmety thing above the slot numbers - I like how it's open so that balls can drop down there and (hopefully) into the start pocket. However, does that helmet look Transformery to any of you?

As far as presentation goes - remember a few weeks ago when I was looking for my flagship machine, and was choosing between Indy, Star Wars, and Julie? Well, for the price, Vicky has become my flagship! Being my first lumina case, I am VERY impressed. I marvelled last night at how technologically advanced the case, and the whole machine is! The lights are indeed mesmerizing. As far as the cell itself goes, I really LOVE the multi-colored LED display. Honestly, the technology is amazing in how the LEDs change colors, of which there is like 7 of them! Of course, being that this is my first modern Sankyo, I could be a bit green.

That's about all I have for now, but when I hit some fevers I will write back with more. One last thing - I was curious what the chance button was going to be used for, and I found one use for it: when the machine is sitting idle, you can hit the chance button to change the color of the LED display (between red, gold, yellow, green, turquoise, indigo, and white). Ultra useless, and very cool.

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Abacab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on some machines the chance button will light up when you are supposed to use it.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I have to say. I wasn't aware you could say this about a machine, but Vicky is tough! I know I got it on the tail end of a "mission", but I have logged three hours on it and not gotten past a reach. I can see why these machines are so new-looking - I can't imagine they lasted too long in the parlors with hundreds of activations being hit for nothing. Maybe I got a cold machine now, but that does not mean BY ANY STRETCH that I don't enjoy the machine! I still love it - I just need to log more hours into it, and get that tank in action!

Has anyone else experienced a cold Vicky? Is a three hour cold spell really cold? Compared to my other machines, it is. I think it could be the fact that it's harder, therefore less likely, to get a ball in the start pocket, but I am having a BLAST trying to get that reach to hit.

Oh Vicky, great woman made of plastic, wood, and steel, make me a winner!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ha I had a Bow wow go cold, dry like the desert. several weeks I filed the start pocket no fever. I ran hundereds and hundereds of balls through the start pocket. I even put a start button on to see if it even knew how to fever once it hit it paid back tons though.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Abacab View Post
    Ok, I have to say. I wasn't aware you could say this about a machine, but Vicky is tough! I know I got it on the tail end of a "mission", but I have logged three hours on it and not gotten past a reach. I can see why these machines are so new-looking - I can't imagine they lasted too long in the parlors with hundreds of activations being hit for nothing. Maybe I got a cold machine now, but that does not mean BY ANY STRETCH that I don't enjoy the machine! I still love it - I just need to log more hours into it, and get that tank in action!

Has anyone else experienced a cold Vicky? Is a three hour cold spell really cold? Compared to my other machines, it is. I think it could be the fact that it's harder, therefore less likely, to get a ball in the start pocket, but I am having a BLAST trying to get that reach to hit.

Oh Vicky, great woman made of plastic, wood, and steel, make me a winner!
    The only Pachinko that behaved like that with me was Garfield,
    I played a couple of hours every night for a couple of weeks,
    till I could get it to Fever - then it wouldn't stop Fevering!!

oh just a thought but have you checked the nails to see if they are set up loose enough for you - All mine were set up perfectly, as they came from Doc - but I know that in the Parlours they are set to their advantage......

Angie ...

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    oh just a thought but have you checked the nails to see if they are set up loose enough for you - All mine were set up perfectly, as they came from Doc - but I know that in the Parlours they are set to their advantage......
    I thought of that last night, right before I went to bed. I am not sure if altering the pins to increase the chance that the flippers will open will make that much of a difference. I mean, it should do something, just based on the law of averages, but I still will need to get the balls to go into the start pocket more consistently, increasing my chances of a fever, so it doesn't seem like that huge a deal. Maybe it will make a more dramatic change than I am thinking - has anyone altered Vicky's pins?

Now, I just may grab the old needlenose and alter in the pins by the IN pockets at the bottom. Slightly increasing the chance the balls will go into those pockets should keep me playing longer without reloading the tray full of balls. Nothing real big to gain there either... Hmm...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Whoops!

Just had another thought (strange but true!!)

Please be careful when adjusting Nails - you don't want to be breaking them!!

There is a Thread on here showing how to do this carefully.....
    but I can't quite locate it at the moment........

In the meantime this one is interesting too......

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2536

Last edited by hanabi; 01-25-2007 at 06:02 PM.
    Angie ...

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

see Arbys sig for the Kungishi manual it tells all.
    I am on my way to check out a vicki right now, It just hit a fever so It is still hot. Oh and a starwars also.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

22. The following user says "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    The only Pachinko that behaved like that with me was Garfield,
    I played a couple of hours every night for a couple of weeks,
    till I could get it to Fever - then it wouldn't stop Fevering!
    My wifes that way
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

24. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I didn't find it in Arby's journal???
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by H20Dreams View Post
    I didn't find it in Arby's journal???
    my wife or Vicky ?

I have not had a chance to play with Vicky, to maney orther things to get done first.

my wife would skin me alive
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"