Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Magic Lamp 79.99 BIN

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Magic Lamp 79.99 BIN

The support forums generally are used for help in learning about the machines, playing the machines, etc. They aren't used as often for how to replace light bulbs or a shooter motor, etc., although they sure can be. And, I can't think of too many people saying something complicated or expensive has broken after they have owned the machine for a short period and that they have had to go back to vendor. Seems like 95% of the problems people have are in set up and soon after receiving them.
    Last edited by slotter; 01-18-2007 at 11:44 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I save handling light bulb replacements for the shoutbox.

You only need that fancy LCD screen to quit working for you one time to realize the value of a warranty. This is where you have to give Milt some real props. He's been through the up and down pricing of these machines and yet he's maintained his lifetime warranty.

Now when you say nothing breaks on them, then do what Milt does and offer the lifetime warranty because you've got nothing to lose right?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not aware of anyone here who has ever lost their LCD screen. Yes, it is comforting to know that you can always get anything replaced via Milt, and for many buyers that might be what makes the sale. I applaud Milt for that and that is his way of marketing. He's great!

But, depending on the price, a person can shake the dice and figure if something does go out later on, they can buy the parts or even buy a new cell for their case if need be to get it working again.

I've bought cars at Lexus dealers where they always give you a gorgeous new loaner car when you come in for an oil change or repairs (actually, no repairs on the Lexus! haha!) and I've bought cars at used car dealers where you get a 30 day warranty and hope for the best. The difference is in the purchase price of the car.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, say I buy a machine I really like and in a few years it quits working, what happens if the machine is not available anymore and I don't want a different theme? I guess I would have to fix it. Look how hard it is to get a Spin Luck, Harley Davidson or Dragon Dice, would you be happy with a different machine if one is not available? Lifetime warranty is great but also maybe only beneficial if willing to take a different machine. Vendors like Milt are great and not the norm, he offers great warranty and has been around awhile. What good would it be if you bought a DeLorean years ago with a lifetime warranty? Buy what you can afford and who you feel comfortable with.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm sure that Milt would be the first to tell you he's not selling as Lexus prices.

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am firmly of the belief that you get what you pay for. If you buy quality goods from a quality vendor then you have to expect to pay a quality price. Value = Value!

If you decide to buy cheap then I'd say you are on your own as far as after sales support goes.

A vendor can't give away quality goods for rock bottom prices and expect to stay in business for very long.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabrad View Post
    Okay, say I buy a machine I really like and in a few years it quits working, what happens if the machine is not available anymore and I don't want a different theme? I guess I would have to fix it. Look how hard it is to get a Spin Luck, Harley Davidson or Dragon Dice, would you be happy with a different machine if one is not available? Lifetime warranty is great but also maybe only beneficial if willing to take a different machine. Vendors like Milt are great and not the norm, he offers great warranty and has been around awhile. What good would it be if you bought a DeLorean years ago with a lifetime warranty? Buy what you can afford and who you feel comfortable with.

Sheesh.. better something than nothing...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just checked the Stealth site... and it seems that their warranty HAS been modified somewhat.
    Not ALL machines have this "Lifetime" warranty any more.
    Some are 30 days... some are one year. The most expensive ones are indeed "lifetime".

Could it be that the big vendors are getting a little "comfortable" with PachiTalk handling their service for them???

Well... at least they're stopping in and contributing on a regular basis... and supporting the site by using the auctions!

Oh... wait...
    Nevermind.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A quick search will show that Milt is not exactly selling at the higher end of the scale. He recently sold a Banker 9 for $99 with only $79 shipping on a heavier item, lifetime warranty and lifetime bulb replacement.

Now that's a quality vendor who's willing to stand behind his product regardless of how much he's sold it for.

I bought my Harley and six months later the belly glass went out. Sure I could have driven down to Lowe's or Home Depot and picked up a light for it for $5 plus tax. But I didn't have to. I just popped an email off to Milt and 3 days later I had not one, but two belly glass lights for my machine. No muss no fuss. Quality service from a quality vendor who stands behind his product.

That's the kind of vendor this site is going to recommend and support. Where after the sale means something.

This 7 days and you're on your own kid, is trash.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Other than my most "special" machines (Harley / Dragon Dice) -- Which, btw, I did buy at vendors with lifetime warranties -- I bought the others at good prices figuring the machines will still likely outlive my uses for them. Chances are by the time I have to replace an LCD screen in one of them, there will be something new and exciting out there that I want rather than fixing up that old machine that is broken and that I’ve gotten my $$$’s worth out of many times over.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    Sheesh.. better something than nothing...
    Let's just say that if I spent $1200 for a Harley machine I don't think I would want something else to replace it later. But would not have a problem choosing a different $200 machine to replace a $200 machine I may have purchased.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have 5 Pachislos and 6 Pachinkos and have owned them for years. Other than 1 light bulb and 1 reel issue which both occurred on arrival, I've had zero problems with any of them. The machines are made for very heavy use which we don't normally give them in our homes. Your mileage may vary, I guess.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by logicprobe View Post
    Well... at least they're stopping in and contributing on a regular basis... and supporting the site by using the auctions!
    This is one I can't figure out!? Why don't more vendors post auctions on the site? You would think you might do better with newer machines here than on ebay?
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don, the LCD on my Thunderbirds is going out. It's very washed out where it used to be nice and crisp. They do fail.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

with 30 pachislos and 6 pachinko all I have had happen in the last few years were a few bulbs out and one bellyglass bulb out, which Slotusa replaced for free

P.S. thanks for outbidding me on that Thunderbird Tulsa!!!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabrad View Post
    This is one I can't figure out!? Why don't more vendors post auctions on the site? You would think you might do better with newer machines here than on ebay?
    It's pure volume sales. We can't offer the kind of volume here a fleabay can. Milt tried it with a few machines. No one bid and the one they did bid on, a Harley the member stiffed him for it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    I'm sure that Milt would be the first to tell you he's not selling as Lexus prices.
    http://www.stealthhomeamusement.com/pachinkos.html

Bentley? Lamborghini? Citation?

Just kidding, I know he doesn't sell pachinkos (these I think are still GRW dropships) and this web page is, uh, maybe two years old. I always wanted to deal with him because of the raves here, but, well, pachinkos ain't his bag.

Having clicked on that darn page 100 times over the 1 1/2 years before CF existed I know my outlook is different than a pachislo customer's.

I know, I know, I need to move to Oklahoma. But I just got back from a completely empty Disneyland with my daughter (we went after school for 3 hours; it was great). Frontier City just don't stack up.
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think you're giving Frontier City too much credit!

It is however better than Bells here in Tulsa.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not to hijack, but Disneyland is empty because it is $95 to get in and $12 to park and a season pass is over $500. Knott's berry is 5 miles away and you can sometimes get in for $28 ($10 to park).

I have had a hopper go out on a Stealth pachislo and before I finished explaining on the phone he was having it shipped. The lifetime warranty comes in handy sometimes. I may have to use it again because the #1 stop button takes two or three presses for it to stop (I'll try and clean it first).

The other pachislo had a bulb burned out and slot-pachinko.com (texas auction) a few years ago on a 7 year old machine. He sent a full box of bulbs right away. I also had a lifetime warranty.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to imsimba

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Southern California select pass = $124 with parking $183
    Seems ridiculous. My daughter's 5. That $307 gets us to the park, for a few hours, 20-30 times a year. Not in the summer. Just when it's not busy.

We buy basically nothing at the park.

She loves it so much.

I love it too.

It takes 12 minutes to get home.

As long as she still loves to be with her daddy in public we'll have these passes. I know it won't be long. I'll find a way to keep earning that $307.

(Geez, first I defend CF, then Disney...what next?)

Oh, and really, I do like Frontier City's wooden coaster (the Wildcat), and Bell's (Zingo) as well...so I was just being silly. With the sale of Frontier City it should get even better. I've also had great steaks at Cattlemen's and great barbecue elsewhere in OKC. Nice people, too.

Hijack over. Now I'm hungry.
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast