Has anyone ever seen any issues with the Am Syscom/Pachislo.com volume controllers when installed in any Lumina frame? I bought a set of 5 the other day and installed them inline on the + side of each speaker. I have the built-in volume control set at minimum.

They were used for a few minutes and while tweaking the volume to get the right level I noticed the left one had a "dead spot" - there was a certain volume range while turning the pot, where it was like a complete open circuit. At the fringes of this dead zone, it was intermittent with static. If I turned it higher, it came back in the very loud range. If I went below the dead spot, it came back on, but in the very soft range. I replaced this controller and had been playing for a few hours total, through several sittings.

Last night the right speaker suddenly went out with the exact same failure mode - a dead spot. I wasn't adjusting it, it happened while playing.

Can these not handle the sound system in a Lumina? I'm not exactly sure, but are these things L-Pads or just plain old pots? I notice they get warm, but not hot when used. I've let Steve at PAchislo.com know about the problem and he's sending replacements...but do you think these are faulty units or just not strong enough for a Lumina?