Thread: Canada Slot Free Shipping!!!!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Canada Slot Free Shipping!!!!

It looks like CS is just doing BIN with shipping included...starting at $149!

http://stores.ebay.com/Euro-Electronics

I've wondered why others haven't tried this before.

Like last year when SlotUSA machines were going for under $50 (I got one for $44), why the didn't just make them BIN for $150-$200, they would have made more per sale, and it wouldn't have hurt having "FREE SHIPPING" in their ads!

I mean, the $90 shipping must scare some people away from trying pachis...But if they see $149 and $0 shipping, it might be a little less scary.

I guess we'll see how it works out for CS.

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Canada Slot Free Shipping!!!!

Sellers don't like doing that becuase of the ebay fees. They get charged more for listings and also get charged a lot more for final value fees since the shipping is now included in the price.

I thinks the star wars pachinko for 699 they have listed will scare away a lot of people. They only have a 2 auctions at 149 and then it jumps dramatically.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Doctor

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Sellers don't like doing that becuase of the ebay fees. They get charged more for listings and also get charged a lot more for final value fees since the shipping is now included in the price.
    I don't see the fee increase being as bad as ending up selling a dozen pachis for $40-$50..saving a few bucks on fees and losing money on the actual sale.

I thinks the star wars pachinko for 699 they have listed will scare away a lot of people. They only have a 2 auctions at 149 and then it jumps dramatically.
    Yes the Star Wars is to much, but I'm not seeing the jump from 149 to 199 as a dramatic jump???......It's equal to $110 pachi + shipping from anywhere else...

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I understand what you are saying but I think most buyers think differently. The way samarauislots is doing it is much better. You start the auction out at 1 dollar and let the bidding wars begin. They will bid if you don't overflow the market with many of them. The way CS has it the buyer will just see the higher price and probably will leave. If he incorporates some auctions at 1 dollar starting price it may help. He may cause a bidding war on 1 machine for the lower price. If he has the same machine also at 199 free shipping this would benefit him. The bidders who did not win the 1 dollar starting bid auction will hopefully go to the free shipping one and purchase it.

[quote=MrGneiss;190252]I don't see the fee increase being as bad as ending up selling a dozen pachis for $40-$50..saving a few bucks on fees and losing money on the actual sale.

Besides the star wars, indiana jones, julie and a couple others most pachinkos are going way under 100. Many of the other machines cannot get bids of 110 plus shipping.

The way CS is doing it now the fees will add up real fast especially on higher priced items. Many sellers have left ebay because of this. The higher fees will probably and eventually knock into his profit substantially.
    Last edited by Doctor; 01-05-2007 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Doctor