Thread: Another payout problem!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Angry Another payout problem!

Hello - glad to find such a wonderful website. I bought 2 machines which were in perfect working order - Wanted and Fever Pachi League (I think this is the name - has a baseball theme). The issue is with the baseball machine - here's a pic of it:

http://probabilitysports.com/restaur.../pachinko1.jpg

My 4-year-old daughter is the primary user, and she must have hit the big jackpot when I wasn't around because I had the problem other people have written about with the hopper paying off balls continuously - and the error number showed 7 for empty hopper. Well, all the talk about the reset button and rocker switch seemed to be the answer for me, but I could not find either. I thought the translation of the Lumina manual would be the trick I needed to find it (wonderful work by the way) but could not find the button there. I finally found the following button on the rear of the machine, on the far left side about halfway up:

http://probabilitysports.com/restaur.../pachinko2.jpg

So I held it down as I plugged the machine in, and waited to hear the distinctive beeps everyone talked about after a few seconds, but nothing. Balls kept feeding through too. So I figured I'd try a couple more times, and voila, all of a sudden the paying off stopped! NOW, I get no payouts AT ALL!! Not one single ball comes out of the reward hopper. I can still drain the balls to the tub I have behind the machine, but hitting targets I'm sure paid off before are doing nothing now. It doesn't seem to be a blockage in the ball path - when the machine is supposed to pay off, you'd expect to see the little relay open up to let a few balls out, and this thing isn't budging.

Looks like the back of this machine is almost identical to the Wanted machine, so does anyone have any idea if I've got the right reset button? Any other insights?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another payout problem!

Open the window and drop a ball into the start pocket and see if it's really not paying out. You should receive 3 or 4 balls when you do this.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yup, nothing. I hear the bonus music and magic numbers show up on the screen.

However, something VERY strange happened - there used to be all men on the little baseball screen. When I opened the glass and reached in to put a ball in the start trigger, I was pretty careful not to touch anything, and I don't have any rings or watches or anything, I heard a little ding-dong. Now, it's all women on the playscreen!! I wish I knew how that happened!

I took some more pictures of the back too -

http://probabilitysports.com/restaur.../pachinko3.jpg

shows where the power input is - can't find a rocker switch or anything around there.

http://probabilitysports.com/restaur.../pachinko4.jpg

I was hoping to have a ball drain lever like the Lumina manual has, but I don't see one.I do have the payout tank empty switch, and I tried unplugging and replugging all the connections I could in the area, but there's no plug that should have been touched between the time it worked and didn't. All I did was push that mystery "reset" button.

Thanks for the fast reply!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Still finding and reading more posts on similar problems, but none have given the magic answer. I've got plenty of balls in the reward hopper, and I noticed that when lifting the small, yellow painted lever on the right below the relays to empty the hopper, the balls in the rearmost payout path (closest to you when behind the machine) flow freely through, but in the frontmost path the balls don't flow through as easily. I have to jiggle the yellow lever to get it to drain all the way. It's clear to me that the balls are not stuck - I may need to give the ball tracks a little cleaning later, but I'm still not seeing the relay open to let 3-4 reward balls through like it should.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Underneath that black plastic on the right side as you're looking at the back is going to be a cog that is used to count the balls for payout. Look to see this isn't jammed. I had this problem and simply had to reseat the cog and everything has worked fine since.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What Tulsa said.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Along with checking to see if there is a number showing in the error code display. (not that I know the error codes for this Sankyo frame, but they might be similar to the Lumina or Victory frame codes...)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry it's been so long folks - thanks for the replies. Been celebrating, then cleaning the house incessantly then taking care of sick kids, so haven't gotten to reply in a while.

In short, no luck yet. I've taken the whole ball track apart, primarily to understand more about how it works, but also to find the cog you speak of. I think I know what it is - it's the small removable box that has 2 holes with a sensor to count the balls. I've made sure it's clear, and actually taken it off and swapped it with the working one I have in my Wanted machine, which is essentially identical. In fact, I've also swapped out the payout unit, which also was not jammed - all the parts work in my Wanted machine, but not the Baseball one. I've wiggled and connected/reconnected as many connections as I can see, but I'm still not sure I've gone through it 100%. Tough to get more than 10 minutes to work on it when the wife and kids can't ever give you a minute to enjoy your toys, let alone fix them!
    One other note - no error codes. Originally I got an error code when it was trying to pay out what I assumed was a huge bonus, now I only get an error code when I disconnect the cable from the payout unit - I get a 2. Otherwise, no errors.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ding dong. Now, it's all women on the playscreen!! I wish I knew how that happened!
    Could you post a picture of the screen with the ladies on it? Do they appear in the exact same sequences as the men before?
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your original problem was that the ball hopper needed to be fed until enough balls circulated through the machine to pay off the wins. If that had been done, perhaps the other problems would not occurred.

Pressing the button on the back of the game could have changed the mode of play to "a play for fun" mode when the game is used in Japanese arcades that cater to persons under the legal age to play in pachinko parlors.

As I read somewhere in my website wanderings, some pachinko games can be set up for play just as in the regular pachinko parlor except that the payout function is disabled. Since the game you have is a kids theme, I suspect your button pushing put it into this mode and that is why the graphics display changed so that the operator of the game has a visual confirmation that the game is in the amusement mode with no pay option.

Maybe pressing the button again would return it to the pay mode??
    Dennis

I have a passion for Pachinko!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Bilko44

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seeing as the writing above the reset button is the same as used on all the other Sankyo machines I've seen ie クリアスイッチ = 'clear switch'. I would suspect that it's just a normal reset button, and shouldn't affect the gameplay mode (I could be wrong though, so it might be worth trying a second reset).

I'd take a second look at the wiring to the tank empty switch and the payout unit and see if you can trace their path back to the payout control board. Sometimes there's an interconnect board in there that might have some loose connectors on it.

If that doesn't help, is the payout control board (the one above the transformer, with the 7segment error display on it ) on the Wanted the same as on the Pachi League? If they are, then it might be worth swapping them between machines to rule out a fault on the board.