Thread: My old Nishijin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My old Nishijin

Well, I finally cleaned up the Pachinko that was in the house when I was a kid. My Grandpa bought it for my aunts and uncles sometime in the 1970's, and it's been in our family since.

It dissapeared shortly after he died in 79, and resurfaced in the attic of the garage in 1990, wrapped in plastic and paper. The playfield has some water darkening around the centre and some of the pins, and the mechanical action wanted regulation and putting right, but it's sound as a pound now, hasn't given much trouble at all!

It's a Nishijin "Sophia", and it has a lot of miles on it. We have the machine, the instructions, and I know where it has been since 1978, but aside from that I am more-or-less ignorant about its history.

I tried to put some pictures up-is this a playboard that anyone out there has seen? (I am the baby in the old picture) Also, can anyone translate the writing around the centre piece, if I have a good photo?

I don't really care what it's worth, as I don't intend to sell it, but some straight dope about the playboard, etc would sure come in usefull!

Thanks in advance!

Chaz
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to Horologist

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My old Nishijin

The only striaght dope I have to give you is...nice job on your restoration, it looks just beautiful. and Welcome!!!
    Dawn

4. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Horologist View Post
    .......I tried to put some pictures up-is this a playboard that anyone out there has seen? (I am the baby in the old picture).....
    Thanks for your post and also the pictures you posted!

That is incredible that you have that Pachinko still plus a picture of you as a baby playing it! What a nice history you have to pass on also!
    That is a good idea to take a picture of your grandson or grandaughter like that especially if you see the pachi machine being handed down thru the family. I see that happening with my Star Wars Pachinko and Spin Luck Pachislo for sure

6. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

8. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the kind words and support! If anyone wants them I have some more pictures, too. You'll have to forgive the funky twist-tie wire ties-I think I was about 13 when I did that.

That machine almost got sold up the river, but my brother and I managed to talk my Grandmama into giving it to us in leu of payment for helping to clean the house up for her sale.

When I got it we only had about 150 balls; hence the nfantry pin clamped onto the wire abstract under the hopper. It had a trash bag tie wired to it to keep the feed assembly open when it was low on balls. I bet there was an acre of rust, dirt, and debris in the machine-There was also a nasty little mummified brown carcus just inside of the left-hand heart (a mouse got in through a broken corner on the front plexiglass and apparantly couldn't find its way out.) Some deep cleaning, nylon bushings, and cold wire later, all went as it ought.

It is MUCH cleaner now than it was in the pictures-they were taken just after it came out of storage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Horologist

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great pictures - thanks for taking the time to upload them & welcome to Pachitalk
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

and great work with the machine.!!\\its always nice to be able to keep alive family memories..
    with things that have been in the family for years..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

~~~~~ WELCOME! ~~~~~ Thanks for those pictures! Enjoyed the heck out of them! Cool old machine!

16. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME

To our little slice of imported happiness!

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice heirloom it is worth holding onto. The front play field has some interesting characters, What are they? I think I see a sheep, an axe, a stomach? the center critter looks like it is in a cooking kettle in a fire? I like it. do the ax and stomach move? open like tulips? these are so similar mechanically but highly varied on the play field images.
    Nice clean up job, you should get some more clean balls from Gaku and get rid of the twist tie cheaters.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!

Your vintage machine look very nice. Even the shots before it was cleaned up. I can't translate the writting but I can tell you based on the general design the your machine was manufactured around 1972-1973. I can't find it right now but I know there are a few thread on how to figure out when your machine was made. If I find it I'll post it later. Again welcome.

Eric C.

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to chmer01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to PachiTalk!!

and how lovely to have some family history alongside your Vintage Machine..........

Thanks for sharing........

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

24. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slothappy144 View Post
    Nice heirloom it is worth holding onto. The front play field has some interesting characters, What are they? I think I see a sheep, an axe, a stomach? the center critter looks like it is in a cooking kettle in a fire? I like it. do the ax and stomach move? open like tulips? these are so similar mechanically but highly varied on the play field images.
    Nice clean up job, you should get some more clean balls from Gaku and get rid of the twist tie cheaters.
    Thanks! The little man in the pot (we alway thought he looked like he was smoking a bowl!) is pivoted and turns round on his head if a ball chances to drop right in, which isn't so often. The thing above that looks like a storm cloud has two holes in it, too, and they spring the flower petals open on payoff. That thing that looks like a stomach, we always thought it was a gourd or squash of some type, or a hookah or somehting!

I already bought a thousand balls on fleabay, because I plan to inbuild it to a cabinet. The infantry pin is a thing of the past, and the wiring is next on the fix/tidy-up list.

I really appreciate the kind welcome, too! My mother was pleased that there were people around that appreciated the old machines yet.

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Horologist

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I showed my mother and brothers this thread and I am to relay their thanks to everyone for their input-I took the lower plastic cover off the rear action recently to clean things up behind it and found part of a packing invoice from 1976, and a repair bill for a piece of plexi for the door, so it would seem that that's when it was purchased.

Merry Christmas and all!

Chaz

28. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Horologist

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks real cool man

nice restore

30. The following user says "Thanks" to METZ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Horologist View Post
    Thanks! The little man in the pot (we alway thought he looked like he was smoking a bowl!) is pivoted and turns round on his head if a ball chances to drop right in, which isn't so often. The thing above that looks like a storm cloud has two holes in it, too, and they spring the flower petals open on payoff. That thing that looks like a stomach, we always thought it was a gourd or squash of some type, or a hookah or somehting!

I already bought a thousand balls on fleabay, because I plan to inbuild it to a cabinet. The infantry pin is a thing of the past, and the wiring is next on the fix/tidy-up list.

I really appreciate the kind welcome, too! My mother was pleased that there were people around that appreciated the old machines yet.
    Can anyone translate the text on the yellow stomach thing? I thought this was a cannibal theme or something...

Nishijin_1_Center_Rocker_UP.jpg Nishijin_1_Center_Rocker_DOWN.jpg

Thanks for any help... came across same game and am now cleaning it up...
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

32. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratulations...

Your machine is...
    Spoiler

Many thanks to aya sensei for her help
    Ian #UKPachinko