Thread: Help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help

I started having problem yesterday. It is a Universal machine the model is Eve. I have done hard reset several times. Machine has been unplugged for a while until last night....was working fine then all of a sudden this is what happens. If you push the left or right stop button 1st and then the other end stop button and last push the middle button it works fine but if I put the left button 1st and then middle button 2nd and then right button 3rd the reel does not stop but keep on spinning. It also does the same thing if I start with right button then middle button and then 1st button the 1st reel continues to spin. Some time if I unplug from wall and then plug back in I can push the button and it will stop. What could be my problem ?Any help would be appreciated I am new to this forum.:sigh1: Might be a Macy Machine or Universal .
    Last edited by Lonnie Strunk; 12-10-2006 at 07:06 PM. Reason: add additional info

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help

hmmm could be the stop buttons sticking down try a good cleaning of them

oh and

Welcome to the funny farm we call pachitalk where fun is the main part of the daily diet along with a side order of info on machanics electronics and a pudding of laughs with fellow people intrested in the same things
    Last edited by drcrippen324; 12-10-2006 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its a macy machine .another member ftk has the same machine it dates back to the early 90''s . docs got it right push in the buttons and hold them in and clean around the inside edge this will usually solve the problem a little silicone spray will help also . the reason it works one way and not the other is your hitting the sticking button last .if one sticks it stops the rest from working the same as if you hold one in with your hand.
    Jeff

4. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

use contact cleaner. no other cleaner as it will be conductive and cause a short!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

since when does silicone spray cause electrical shorts and contact cleaner isn't meant for plastics either ......we're talking plastic on plastic here when you clean the buttons .....nothing to short any way unless you pour a gallon of cleaner in each...
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the Eve machine. It is a Macy machine. Try the contact cleaner on the buttons. They do make one that is for electronic parts & will not damage plastics. I think radio shack has it. If that does work then carefully disconnect each connector on the connector board (bottom left side, where odds switch is) and blow them out with canned air. Then reseat them & make sure they are very tight. In mine most of the connector where loose when I got it.
    If that does not help let me know.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

8. The following user says "Thanks" to FTKServices

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The best way, is to remove the buttons altogether and dissassemble them. Then use the electrical contact cleaner for a thorough cleaning and inspection job. Oh and Welcome to the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I want to thank everyone for making me welcome. Also for all your help that I did fix the problem buttons were very dirty inside and it now works however I have spotted another problem....on the credit led counter some of the legs are not showing on some of the numbers i.e., 4 maybe only 3 legs this also occurs on the number of credits won not all legs are showing. Can you help with this problem as did not have this one until now. Did I know a wire loose when taking off buttons ? Also where can you buy extra bulbs for my machine ?

Again great to have it working again...the led thing is minor but would like to fix.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I spray contact cleaner around the button edge and press it a few times with the machine shut off.

If they doesn't work remove assembly and clean.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took the buttons apart and cleaned the plastic parts with fantastic, looks good and works smooth,
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

13. The following user says "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like you may have a bad connection to your led or some burnt out segments try moving the wire plug to the led harness around and look at the leds while doing so if the leds come on and go off spray some contact cleaner in the socket of the plug and reconnect it .if not try pressing down on the led its self you may have a few weak solder connections that need reheating . as for bulbs which do you need most of the dealers such as gaku and milt can get what ever you need.
    Jeff

15. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again for everyone's help. I have fixed my machine cleaned buttons and found loose wire on the led harness all working now except for 2 bulbs which I will buy some replacements. You guys are great.