Thread: Calling Star Wars owners!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Calling Star Wars owners!

Hi

Been lurking a while but now need to make my first post.

Have just bought a Star Wars pachinko and am trying to make sure everything is working as it should. Cosmetically it is great but there are a couple of points I need clarifying about functions.

In particular, the claws around the Start pocket have never opened. The Go gate sees the ball and the flashing sequence of the Dot and Cross symbols starts as I'd expect it to. However, it always stops on the Cross and the claws never open. Can anyone confirm how this function is supposed to work? Does the light ever stop on the Dot? I've played a couple of hundred games and even 'clocked up' the Go gate by hand to see if the claws ever open and they have yet to do it.

Also, there are two grey buttons to the right of the Chance button. I've had a couple of games where the Chance button needs to be used but I'm not sure if the two grey buttons are either relevant or indeed used on this game. Any comments??

Finally, there are a couple of bulbs on the casing that are out. Any there UK suppliers to replace these and do I need the bulb holder as well as I can't seem to remove the bulbs on their own.

Sorry if any of this has been covered before; my search technique may need improving!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Calling Star Wars owners!

Hi there & welcome to pachitalk. I have the Star Wars machine also & the 2 grey buttons have no use when used at home. They are used when they are in the parlours. Don't worry about the gate (claws) opening, this will happen but not very frequently & only for a split second. You will notice them open more when you hit a fever, in the chance mode after.
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the quick reply.

I also have a Pretty Band pachinko I bought for my daughters where the claws open far more often, albeit for only a split second, until the bonus games where it opens three times per activation and for longer. I was expecting SW to be similar (although I haven't hit a Fever yet). Is there any way to test the claws? I know I'm sounding a bit paranoid but I don't want to leave it too long and have the seller say I should have told them earlier, blah, blah........... Everything at the back looks as it should, ie nothing obviously disconnected/damaged.

Other than that. GREAT GAME!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only way I would know is to keep playing till you hit that fever. You are bound to hit one sooner or later. Good excuse to keep playing it, as you can tell everyone you are just testing it!

I am 99% sure yours will be OK, my claws don't open very often & when they do you are usually too busy looking at something else on the machine.
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

everything Chrish has said!

oh and

Welcome to PachiTalk

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Open the glass, drop 4 balls in the go pocket. With no balls being played you will hear them open with a clicking sound. It will be quick, but with nothing else going on you should see/hear it happen. It may take a few minutes so be patient.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Calling Star Wars owners!

WELCOME!

Eric C.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to chmer01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk!

One thing I have noticed playing the game is that it pays off often and I never have to fill the shooting tray but I am always filling the payoff tray.

Not to worry......when you get the machine into FEVER mode the flippers will open more often and stay open longer. The bulbs on the case are very easy to replace. If you turn the black socket counterclockwise they pop out to see which ones are blown. If you go here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...483#post178483 daverob did an invaluable job in translating and providing the guide for download of your Lumina case.
    Pachinko: Magical Lamp, Yellow Cab, Star Wars, Star Blazers Yamato 2, Evangelion, 4 Vintage Nishijins
    Pachislo: Speed Racer

14. The following user says "Thanks" to turbov6

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey robocourier take a look at ebay uk there is a clasic black robo cop pachinko on there at the moment for silly money
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Doc

I tried one out at this years Pinball Show and was a bit disappointed at the lack of lights although the video was tops. Although the black does look the biz.

Besides, I only have room for one more and I wouldn't want to have to let go the Julie Pinball that's sailing my way!

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

ahh the nice part about the julie thats "fllying" your way is it means you have room for about 20 more cells to swap out from the lumina frame like indy,starwars ect
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do