Thread: Lumina Frame Manual.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Post Lumina Frame Manual.

After spending the best part of two months staring at scans and slowly learning how to input Japanese characters into my computer, I have finally finished my translation of the Sankyo/Bisty Lumina frame manual.

This is the original manual supplied to parlours for servicing and maintenance of machines, and only covers the frame of the machine. So there isn't anything in there about user additions such as transformers and volume controls, and there's not that much about the game cells themselves (apart from details on removing and replacing them).

Please note that I do not speak a great deal of Japanese, and have only been learning the language for a few months, so the vast majority of the translation has been done by copying the Japanese text from the scans into my computer, and letting Google translation do the hard work (and then translating google's output into understandable English!).

Hopefully my experience in working with these machines has helped the translation remain accurate, but it is possible that some errors may have crept in, so I'd be grateful for any feedback.

I'd also like to pass on my thanks to compirate for sharing these scans with me, and to arbycoffee for loaning him the original manual to scan.

The manual has been uploaded as a .pdf file and is about 22Mb in size. I don't have a great deal of bandwidth from my web provider, so please right click on the link below and save a local copy of the file rather than browsing it on-line. Anyone wishing to mirror the manual on their own site let me know.

So now, without futher ado, I proudly present...

The Lumina Frame Manual
    Last edited by hanabi; 09-08-2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: corrected link :)

2. The following 67 users say "Thanks" to daverob