Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ps3

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ps3

Of course, I feel if people are willing to pay that kind of price for something they deserve what they get. I know a few of us on this board are guilty of paying a higher price for a 'new' machine, only to have it cheaper (sometimes by a lot!) later. If you want something first, you pay the price. Now the low life scummy thing to me are the people who buy up all the stock so they can sell it like that. That's part of what drives up the price. I think Sony should have shipped an S-load of them so that everyone could get one at the retail price.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

2. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nope just stating the facts Tulsa . I dont buy tickets off them and i certainly ain't gonna pay 10,000 for a ps3 but if you got the 10 grand and cant wait a few months to get one for a few hundred then go ahead and Merry Christmas to ya .......Same reason i do allot of Christmas shopping after the 25th ....except for the nuclear family of course...Personally i blame it on tickle me elmo they started the "under produced" christmas toy business model and it works !!!!!!
    Jeff

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    Same reason i do allot of Christmas shopping after the 25th ....except for the nuclear family of course
    Sure you don't mean NUCULAR?

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you're looking for the company that started that crap I believe it's the company that put out the cabbage patch dolls. I blame fleabay myself. That's the storehouse for all the scum in this country to take advantage of people.

Our toys are not price set, the market is always going to drive those. Retail items like this stupid game machine are price set and should be sold at that price. Sure if a moron wants to pay for it, they'll always be a scumbag willing to take their cash. However those people have no character or personal pride. Screw the other guy at all costs is the only thing they know.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Sure you don't mean NUCULAR?

Nope i believe in getting behind the president dont you !!!!!!!!!!!
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa View Post
    If you're looking for the company that started that crap I believe it's the company that put out the cabbage patch dolls. I blame fleabay myself. That's the storehouse for all the scum in this country to take advantage of people.

Our toys are not price set, the market is always going to drive those. Retail items like this stupid game machine are price set and should be sold at that price. Sure if a moron wants to pay for it, they'll always be a scumbag willing to take their cash. However those people have no character or personal pride. Screw the other guy at all costs is the only thing they know.

nothing is price set that would be price fixing thats a no-no I.E things like cable TV and fuel those are aloud to escalate at will
    everything comes with a suggested retail price if thats what you mean . the key word being " suggested " folks on the west coast pay allot more than the east some would say thats transportation cost . i cant see why they have ports same as we do and if that were true gas prices should be dirt cheap here theres a load of refineries less than an an hour from my door .but people up state pay less than i do so its all buyer beware and set the price at what the public will bare and i guess they'll bare allot when it comes to a ps3 ........
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now you're splitting hairs, get real...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i support free trade Tulsa if that comes at the cost of some idiot's paying 10k for a ps3 then thats what they wanted to pay anyone with common sense wouldn't pay that much .... that doesn't mean im gonna goto price fixing to stop it ...no body is being ripped off here ...they are buying it at an agreed upon price just like a diamond at a jeweler no difference no gun to their head or knife to their back .if they didn't pay the price it wouldn't go that high but the demand is there . There would be a crime if they paid the 10k and got a box of rocks but if they get the machine they got what they paid for .In short if you don't like it don't support it just like politics make your vote count don't spend your buck on it .......i sure as heck won't .......
    Jeff

10. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    i support free trade Tulsa if that comes at the cost of some idiot's paying 10k for a ps3 then thats what they wanted to pay anyone with common sense wouldn't pay that much .... that doesn't mean im gonna goto price fixing to stop it ...no body is being ripped off here ...they are buying it at an agreed upon price just like a diamond at a jeweler no difference no gun to their head or knife to their back .if they didn't pay the price it wouldn't go that high but the demand is there . There would be a crime if they paid the 10k and got a box of rocks but if they get the machine they got what they paid for .In short if you don't like it don't support it just like politics make your vote count don't spend your buck on it .......i sure as heck won't .......

I agree. We are in America. The land of freedom... where you are FREE to be as DUMB as you want. Apparently many push this freedom to the limit but I wouldn't want it any other way. It makes me warm and fuzzy to know there are tens of thousand on ebay right now NOT selling their PS3 for even $1000. They spent days and risk in the cold to MAYBE break even on their "proposed retirement plan".

Thanks
    Thanks Received

actually i find it rather stupid to spend anytime let alone days to get anything like ps3 or tickets to a concert but then i dont own a ps3 and dont goto sold out concerts for that reason ......but then again i dont have the drive to do so ......now put a million bucks on the line i might change my mind real quick .......
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

At first glance the people that wait in line for days on end and those that pay large sums of money for the PS3 come across as odd or nuts or whatever. But think about the fact that they are willing to sacrifice time, comfort and for some ( The average Joe) not the wealthy, lots of money for something that they truely desire.
    How many of you can say the same ? What would you be willing to do for something that you really wanted? For example Some of us have done the same for our Hobby. I have given up my living space and others have driven many miles and have taken time off of work to pick up a machine! To some that is nuts, its all relative really and I admire those that are willing to do what it takes to get what they want . Just think about it spending up to 4 days and nights in line in the elements. Can you do it?
    As long as no one is hurt in the process I say more power to them. So let us not throw stones just because the thing of such sacrifice and commotion isint something that we care about.
    As the for the people who buy PS3 for huge amounts they are probably so rich that they make that kind of money every 2 mins or less and it means nothing to them so long as Little Lord Fontelroy gets his Xmas present . If the same amount is paid by a regular guy who just really wants it that bad. He worked for the money and knows what is what and finds that it is worth it. I say to them go for it and be happy. Value is in the eye of the beholder no matter the cause of the asking price.
    Led Zepplin

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think Jeff is just defending the right to buy & sell at a profit. that is american business. that is how people make a living. So if someone has a SpinLuck (which seams to be a very hard to find machine) and they sell it for $1000 or even $1500 to someone or at auction then you are says that they are slimy, disgusting & immoral. Is that correct Tulsa or is that ok. Or does it just depend on what you are selling. If that is the case most of the Pachi I see, should be selling for alot less then I am seeing right now.
    If someone really wants to pay that much for a PS3 then I think the person who is buying it is crazy & stupid for paying that much but it is called free enterprise.
    And to answer someone else's question. No, I don't have any but I wish I did. I am not that crazy to wait in line for 5 days just to make a profit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Apples and oranges...

The game in question has a price established by the manufacturer. That price is what all retail outlets will sell it for on the top end. To try and take advantage of someone elses ignorance and sell this to them because they are driven by whatever desire to have it, is immoral.

If you do it, in my opinion, your scum...

To compare this to a pachi is a waste of time...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well your somewhat getting it Tulsa , If there were a shortage of oranges due to a early frost (or short production of a video game albeit probably intentional) the price of said oranges that survived would skyrocket to 3 maybe 4 times their value and those that really wanted orange juice for breakfast would still pay the price ......msrp is only a suggestion not a rule how many cars and trucks are sold over msrp tons when popular and sold below when not this is no different just because its a video game being sold on ebay .....
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff I don't need your lame interpretation of our economic system.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Personally if someone lists something for a dollar on ebay and the price gets driven to double the products retail value based on demand...I think that's a great thing. If Home Depot doubles the cost of plywood the day before a hurricane...that is scummy greed. If Best Buy would have charged over list price for PS3s...that would be scummy greed. Chevy dealers that added $10-20k on top of the MSRP of the Z06 Corvette...that's is pure scummy greed as well. Discussing morality is equal to discussing religion. Everyone has their interpretation that suits them. As long as no ones morality or religion infringes on my rights as an American... I'm cool with that indifference.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Pat98TJ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

point made and appreciated pat98tj....
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Pat98TJ View Post
    Personally if someone lists something for a dollar on ebay and the price gets driven to double the products retail value based on demand...I think that's a great thing. If Home Depot doubles the cost of plywood the day before a hurricane...that is scummy greed. If Best Buy would have charged over list price for PS3s...that would be scummy greed. Chevy dealers that added $10-20k on top of the MSRP of the Z06 Corvette...that's is pure scummy greed as well. Discussing morality is equal to discussing religion. Everyone has their interpretation that suits them. As long as no ones morality or religion infringes on my rights as an American... I'm cool with that indifference.
    Well said!
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to 01PyTypeR#1140

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"As long as no ones morality or religion infringes on my rights as an American... I'm cool with that indifference."
    I'm indifferent on this subject too

25. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The difference of indifference is different
    The indifference of different is indefferent

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast