Thread: RC Helicopter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile RC Helicopter

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to chmer01

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: RC Helicopter

I can't fly this any better than my real one (rc Dragonfly)
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hear ya, I'm dead several times over
    Dawn

5. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Radio Shack 29.95 and fly it in the house ,wont even hurt fingers and looks like a choper
    These are my opinions and no body elses and you can't have them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by d mowery View Post
    Radio Shack 29.95 and fly it in the house ,wont even hurt fingers and looks like a choper
    I had a RC flying disk ..well, I still have it except its been up in a tree for the last 2 weeks.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love my RC Helicopters, I currently have 5.

1 Hummingbird - Good Indoors but VERY hard to fly outside
    2 Ark X-400's - One is almost stock and the other is Carbon Fiber and Billet, use the sock one to lean new things with. CF one is just to pretty to wreck.
    1 X-Cell Gas - This one is a big one that runs on gas, weights like 15 lbs.
    1 Micro Mosquito - Very small and great fun in doors.

Here is a pic of the X-400 and the mosquito.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

cool i take it you mean the concept xl they are one hell of a chopper specialy in modifyed form you can add a servo to invert the blades and defy helicoptor law upside down flight blows peoples minds every time when thy see it
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The big heli is made by Minature Aircraft and it was called an X-Cell 60.

It has a 23cc 2-cycle engine with a pull starter now, no glow fuel for this baby. It uses a Bergen gas conversion. Each rotor blade is 690mm, total rotor span is almost 6 feet.

All you need to do is fill up the tank, turn the radio on and pull the starter a few times.

Makes getting out a flying not a big event as with glow fuelled models.

I have taken this heli to the field that I fly electric planes at. I have to be careful not to get to close to the other planes because it will just suck them out of the sky.

Even standing 50 to 75 feet away you can still feel the downdraft!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yep sounds like the xl i used to fly and love there were a few mods on the market and a few more depending on your skill as a modeler i used to fly it with a standerd canopy cut out slightly to take some of the mods its an awsome toy i used to fly on a glow engine never herd of the gas conversion but sounds alot easyer than glow fule for a quick flight have a look around for th einvert mod its real fun favorit trick was to put th echopper into a knife edge roll and stop whn it got upside down and just as everyone watching thought it was about to drop out of the sky drop it hard to about 10/15 feet off the deck and hover so it looked like a cartoon but i would recomend trying to fly upside down on a puter sim first as you have to think bacwards as the only thing inverted is the blades the rest of the servos are running the right way round and it becomes a bit tricky

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I only fly inverted with the electrics. I like to do a pyro roll into the invert, looks very cool.

Inverts are no problem with the radio I use, there is a switch for the invert and once I'm inverted I can fly with all the normal controls.

Take a bit to get the radio setup right but once it's done it works great.

The gas conversion on the big heli makes it a bit heavier than stock, I might try inverts with a pair of carbon blades once I get a set. They go for $200 for a good pair.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i wished i hadent seen this thread and started remanicing as Christmas is coming and i just mentioned it to the Mrs about maybe a small cheap nitro chopper and her face lit up asking if i would be happy with instead of all the "darn pachi stuff" i keep looking at so i pulled u psoem web sites to show her my genral thoughts ect her words were i thought you said cheap im now right back in the dog house and left wanting to fly again

are the real cheap electrics realy as good as they claim or am i just not gonna get teh same fun out of it

years ago when i was flying they had just brought out the kiosho whisper the first aparently and i use the word loosley decent electric helicopter and it stank didnt handle and didnt perform are they still the same or is it worth me trying the cheaper electric path advise would be apriciated

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    i wished i hadent seen this thread and started remanicing as Christmas is coming and i just mentioned it to the Mrs about maybe a small cheap nitro chopper and her face lit up asking if i would be happy with instead of all the "darn pachi stuff" i keep looking at so i pulled u psoem web sites to show her my genral thoughts ect her words were i thought you said cheap im now right back in the dog house and left wanting to fly again
    Me & you the same, been saving for a while for a remote control helicopter. Never had one before but always fancied one, guess it is a guy thing, but then I see some pachinkos I want & the missus says make up your mind!
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chrish View Post
    Me & you the same, been saving for a while for a remote control helicopter. Never had one before but always fancied one, guess it is a guy thing, but then I see some pachinkos I want & the missus says make up your mind!
    I warn you now chris if you are just lurnign to fly going from my days 12 + years ago then it is a long hard prosess and you will destroy a few sets of rotors and back then at £25 a pair it was dishartening and expensive as you need to lurn to hover about 12/18 inches of the floor first and it seems the airobatics that the other guys are doing are years away

Truth is if you can lurn to hover "the hardest part" once mastered and takes a while then the rest comes quite quick and you will be yanking and banking in next to no time pluss it is more fun to lurn airobatics than to just sit and hover so it seems to take a longer time to get the hover right

but i promis if you do stick at it and only have half as much fun as i did then you will be grinning from ear to ear and will love it as a hobby

Thanks
    Thanks Received

oh those were the days!

I warn you Chris - Helicopters and Planes are damn near impossible to get the hang of - without costing you every time you take them out..........

I settled for glow fuel Cars instead - and even then I could bash them up without even trying too hard! Body shells and shocks usually!!

We had a Super Hodr and also a little Marauder that was a wolf in sheeps clothing - everyone thought it was a little toy but it was souped up

But I could also give the Guys a run for their money too

I loved the smell and the sound ..........

Happy days!!!
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

18. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

other favorit trick was to give my poor dad heart failier by putting his beloved cam corder in a specialy built frame under the skis and flting only problem is the picture used to roll loke hell as the camera couldent take the pure G's the helicopter produced in banks and rolls and loops

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love my electrics, just don't get one without collective pitch if you want to any acrobatics.

Even the cheap ones seem to work well for general flight.

The really good ones use Li-Po batteries which are a little pricey and if abused may burst into flames just for spite.

My fully modded x-400 was like $400+ for just the heli. Batteries, controller, and brushless motors are extra.

Here a few pics of the electric and gas next to some pachis for scale.

The electrics is in the middle of a retro-fit, no motor or electronics in it at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

21. The following user says "Thanks" to fast toys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow yes thats teh same as the xcell i used to fly it gose under the name of the concept xcell over here man i miss her

so you recon an electric with colective pitch is gonna be ok for a few quick flights a year as aposed to investing £600/£700 in a nitro to sit on a shelf for the rest of the time

Thanks fast toys for your time its much apriciated

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got 2 of my electrics from www.rc-expert.com. They sell full kits ready to go with everything you need.They also run e-bay auctions, some really good deals for the most part.

Electrics are great once everything is dialed in and no messy fuel to deal with. Can even fly indoors!!!!!!

dr I would stick with a brushless motor setup since you have flown before.
    Much better performance than brushed motors.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to fast toys

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A cool new thing with the7 channel I seen is the PC simulator , plug into a PC and run your virtual heli inverted, or into the ground no actual crash, it might get you used to the controls without the cost of rebuilds. Get brave with tricks. Mine is a lame hover in side micro. I need a 7 channel bad boy Electric. I searched YouTube and saw very cool heli footage.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats how i practiced my invert but i was back in the day when i had to use an atari ST

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast