Thread: figureing out connectors on lumina case

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default figureing out connectors on lumina case

Logic posted on this earlier concerning the victory case and asked for input on other cases, so heres mine. all work is done on a Julie Pinball but should be similar if not the same on any Lumina case.
    ---------First pic shows location of sensor wire for a side pocket (10 ball payout). from the rear of the machine it is in the lower left of the cell. two layers of boards must be pulled loose(look for tape across the bottom of second board) this is the top left plug. blue plug ,black and white wires. normally closed switch.
    ----------Second pic(red arrow) shows location of plug for start pocket(starts reels and 4 ball payout). second plug down,light blue plug.normally closed switch.( NOTE: Plugs above and below this payout 3 balls)
    ----------Yellow arrow shows were i located momentary switches. i disassembled the housing for the board and drilled the cover for the two switches and an entrance hole for the wiring.
    ----------Nice thing is it is all onboard the the cell. so cell can still be removed without having to cut wiring. Second NOTE: by unpluging while the case is powered you will cause one payout this way you can insure you have the correct plug.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by birdbrain; 11-12-2006 at 03:03 AM.

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to birdbrain

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: figureing out connectors on lumina case

nicley done bb thanx
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice work, but again (like the Victory frame thread) this isn't neccesarily figuring out connectors on all games in the Lumina case, as different cells have different main control boards and cell interconnect boards.

I've only seen four Lumina cells so far, and each of them has had a different combination of boards. Some are mounted in different places, and some have the connectors in different places on the board. But (at least for the ones I've seen) the connectors all seem to keep to the same connector colour for the same function.

So even if everything looks different on your machine to the pictures birdbrain has posted, you should still be able to use this information to track down which connectors to try, and by following his advice and trying a quick unplug/reconnect with the connector you should be able to make sure you've got the right ones before cutting wires.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain View Post
    ----------Yellow arrow shows were i located momentary switches. i disassembled the housing for the board and drilled the cover for the two switches and an entrance hole for the wiring.
    and what are the switches for ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

left is for simulate a ball in start pocket, reels spin, pay a few, Right one is for simulate pay pocket, pays 10 this case. These are used for show off the graphics or keeping small children entertained. I put a start button on Bow wow when I thought it would never go into a fever. The pay 10 would be nice if you had a closed case and ran short on ball in the shooter.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

7. The following user says "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

one switch is the same as dropping a ball in the start pocket and the other is the same as dropping a ball in a side pocket. makes it easy to show how the machine works without having to open the glass and drop a ball in the pocket.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to birdbrain