Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SHENGHUNG aka IMATRIX review coming

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: SHENGHUNG aka IMATRIX review coming

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    get yourself an arby machine you will never go else where once you have a bench mark like that
    I cant remember how long Ive had my CR Fireworks from Arby for...But its been at least a year I think. Anyway, its been working perfectly forever, its so clean even dust will not touch it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also received my CR Fireworks from Arby. The cleanest machine I have ever received! I keep the bag that he packed it in over it when not playing it. My space is limited with my room not yet finished so machines have to stay out in the cold of the barn/outbuilding. Of the many machines I have even the Harley and Spin Luck stay out in the cold. Not the Arbyized machine! As far as I'm concerned it is an honer to have, and deserves to be just ware it is. Next to my bed!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry it took so long to get back no import fees were requested.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to copious

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As I mentioned elsewhere, I just got my second Sakura from iMatrix. The first was moderately damaged, and David at iMatrix agreed to replace it. However, it took a long, long time to get the replacement shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by copious View Post
    Ok I received my Star Wars Pachinko Exactly 4 days after if was shipped which has to be a record.
    Once it was shipped, it did take only 4 days to get to DC from Canada, which was quick. But, again, the machine was not overly well packed, and UPS was not overly nice, so the second one was busted worse than the first. It was leaking pieces when I took it out of what was left of the box.

Upon moving the box I noted the faint sound of pachinko balls rolling around in the box and thought AUGHT OH. However once unpacked it was only 4 of the 800 pachinko balls that escaped their box. Probably from obviously rough shipping.
    That was the one thing that was okay. They pack those balls in a little box wrapped and re-wraped in duct tape.

The pachinko itself was encapsulated in multiple layers of bubble wrap protecting it for its journey and it did protect about 98% of it. I wouldn't rate the shipping as good as Milts (stealthhomeamusements.com) as he has a unique box design that obviously has come from years of experience shipping pachi's. But overall it's probably the same way I would pack one if I needed to ship something this heavy and large. So if Milt's boxing method is 10 out of 10 then Imartirx rates a 8 out of 10.
    I'd give the pachinko I got from Canada Slots a 10 out of 10 (it is the only one to arrive completely undamaged). I give iMatrix a 6 out of 10 for packing. It is about what I would do if I were shipping it--but they should know better!

The transformer broke free and did a bit of damage that had me in shock and awe.
    That happened to both of mine. I think the frame is not strong enough to support the weight of the transformer with the screws they use.

All in all it's a awesome machine, Imatrix is OK they don't Arby-tize the pachi's or pack as well as Milt but they didn't shaft me either. It's the same old story you get what you pay for, and now I will be cleaning my own Star Wars Pachi.
    So far they have been decent--they sent a replacement. But everything has been very, very slow.

Overall Rating:

8.5 out of 10
    I'm going to have to wait on that. If I have to wait another 3 weeks to get a machine, and then I have to settle for minor damage, then I will be very very dissatisfied. Argh!

Sorry it took so long to get back no import fees were requested.
    None for me either.. I think it is going from the US into Canada that the imports fees get you.
    Last edited by Trey314159; 03-16-2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Trey314159

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: SHENGHUNG aka IMATRIX review coming

Quote Originally Posted by Trey314159 View Post
    As I mentioned elsewhere, I just got my second Sakura from iMatrix. The first was moderately damaged, and David at iMatrix agreed to replace it. However, it took a long, long time to get the replacement shipped.

So far they have been decent--they sent a replacement. But everything has been very, very slow.

I'm going to have to wait on that. If I have to wait another 3 weeks to get a machine, and then I have to settle for minor damage, then I will be very very dissatisfied. Argh!
    Well.. I am pleasantly surprised. David at iMatrix apologized and agreed to ship me a double-boxed third machine on Monday!

My son, who is looking over my shoulder, says I should add this:

Last edited by Trey314159; 03-16-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: some smileys didn't work!

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Trey314159

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A message for your son.... Good Call!!!
    Dawn

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: SHENGHUNG aka IMATRIX review coming

Quote Originally Posted by Trey314159 View Post
    Well.. I am pleasantly surprised. David at iMatrix apologized and agreed to ship me a double-boxed third machine on Monday!
    Well, my third and final Sakura arrived today--just in time for the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC this weekend.

It got shipped this Monday instead of last Monday (according to UPS), but it only took three days to arrive (a record).

It wasn't double boxed, but it was more carefully packed than others had been.

Overall, I'm happy to have a working machine (this one has a slightly sticky door, but I think I can live with that).

So, while not everything with iMatrix was smooth sailing, he did the right thing, and seemed genuinely apologetic for all my trouble.

Now I just need to get me a fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just got Monster Village from iMatrix for Christmas. It was a "local pickup", so I can't speak for shipping, but the condition of the machine is just excellent. It looks fully shopped. The front and glass is all shiny and polished looking. Lights all seem to work and are nice and bright. The parts on the back all look "new" to me (which won't last, because I have a lot of dust in my house )

The only flaws I found were some scuffs on the side of the frame, but that part is black and was touched up, so it's barely noticable.

Came with 500 balls, an installed transformer with 3-prong plug, installed dongle, and 3-pages of general set-up and use instructions (not specific to this machine). Only thing missing I guess is a volume mod.

My other hobby is collecting and restoring classic video arcade machines, so I'm familiar with the beatings public-use devices suffer. I'd rate this pachinko's condition as 9/10 (keeping in mind it's my first )

~Ray

** I just want to add to everyone: When you receive something from UPS or FedEx that has obviously been damaged / mis-handled, DO NOT ACCEPT IT. The seller will have a much easier time with insurance claims if you have not signed for and touched the package. (the sound of parts clinking around inside the box is a pretty good hint there's damage).

13. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Rabies

Thanks
    Thanks Received

** I just want to add to everyone: When you receive something from UPS or FedEx that has obviously been damaged / mis-handled, DO NOT ACCEPT IT. The seller will have a much easier time with insurance claims if you have not signed for and touched the package. (the sound of parts clinking around inside the box is a pretty good hint there's damage).

one problem, my UPS guy will leave packages that are signature required without a signature. The left a box with a $2000 guitar at the house with the same number as mine but south instead of north, out side in the rain. the old man that lives there didn't even know that it was there. I called to complain and they told me that I had signed for it and it was at my address and I told them I was at work at the time listed so how can I have signed. She replied that "the computer can't lie and you have the package so what is your problem" I told her that the driver can lie and can't read. The is still the driver in my town and I refuse to use UPS until this moron is caned

Rant over, sorry
    the

LLTR

15. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by owennewton View Post
    until this moron is caned
    And after he's given a good caning, maybe they'll fire his @$$!

DerbyBoy***WinningPost****SinbadAdventure*****KingCamel*****
    SuperBlackjack*****TombRaider****SpeedRacer****NeoPlanetT***
    :jester:FeverNeoQueen***StarWars*****

17. The following user says "Thanks" to derbyboy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2