Thread: Figuring out the connectors on Victory case

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Figuring out the connectors on Victory case

This is in regards to the thread that Logicprobe started about fooling the sensors on a pachinko. Here is the link to that thread.
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5279
    I have figured out all of the connectors for the start pocket, side payout pockets, flipper sensors that are to the right and left of the start pocket (only the left has a sensor in it), flippers for start pocket and both sensors and door motors for the door under the start pocket. All of these are on the same board. I will be posting here pictures with details later. The Victory case is quite different than the LOTR pachinko in Logic's post. The only thing the same is the connector for simulating a ball in the start pocket. It is in the same place and will simulate a ball in the start pocket by pulling the connector and opening the circuit.
    The side pockets each have there own sensor so there are two sets of connectors, one for the right side the other for the left side. You only have to use the wires from any one of the side pocket sensors to activate them and get seven balls into the shooter tray. The other difference is that the sensors are normally open, so when a ball pases though them they close the circuit. As Logic stated with the start pocket you would need to wire up a switch that was normally closed and when you pressed it the circuit would open and activate. Since the sensors with the exception of the start pocket all are normally open. This allows you to use the more common normally open switch. On almost all pachinko's there are usually two or more buttons that were for parlor use. They don't do anything when you press them. There has been discussions on making use of these buttons. The problem is that they can't be used on circuits like the start pocket that needs a normally closed switch. There was a post that I will look for on how to make them work as a normally closed switch. I traced the wires back to the buttons. As above I will post pic's later. The buttons are on a smoke colored piece of plastic. The buttons are mounted on a circuit board with a set of three number LED's and a single red LED on it. You can't see them under the plastic unless they are activated. I have figured out the pins on the connector for both buttons,the three #LED's, and the single LED. The connector for these wires is located on the board that is on the lower right as you are looking at the back and has the dongle on it. I have tested it and have been able to use the buttons to activate the side pockets for seven balls.
    Now comes the part I need help with. I can activate the sensors for the door under the start pocket. Unlike the side pockets you will get thirty balls put into the shooter tray. If I were to hook up the button to this pocket instead of the side pockets to get thirty instead of the normal seven, will I mess up anything in the fever rounds? This door opens only during the fever rounds and I don't know if the amount of payoff of balls from this determines anything in a fever.
    Logic talked about the flipper opening bank sensor. (Logics on a trip at the moment) I am not sure what he is referring to. Even though I have found the connectors for the start pocket flippers, motors on each side of door and the two sensors for the door, I have not been able to get them to work. Only the two sensors as I said above. Opening, closing the circuit, does nothing. I'm wondering if these are controlled by the computer and then no way to activate them. I have just now hooked up the meter to the start pocket flippers and it registers DC 24 volts when they momentarily open.
    Any ideas on what the #LEDS as well as the single red led was or is for by the two call buttons?

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Figuring out the connectors on Victory case

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    The Victory case is quite different than the LOTR pachinko in Logic's post.
    LotR is in a victory case, the trouble is that the interconnect boards on different cells (that fit into the same case) are often all different so if you're connecting to the two pin connectors that go directly to the sensors, they are likely to be in a different place, or different colour connectors etc.

You can't really generalise and say that any mod that works on one cell board, will work on another cell board, as everything on them can be different, the only common things are the power supply connector, the interface connector to the payout control board, and the connection to the case lights/speakers. For example pre LotR games use a completely different sub control board, than later games (as the LCD graphics chipset was changed for LotR), and there are many variations on the output driver board for different numbers of lamps/LEDs and motors used on different cells.

Now comes the part I need help with. I can activate the sensors for the door under the start pocket. Unlike the side pockets you will get thirty balls put into the shooter tray. If I were to hook up the button to this pocket instead of the side pockets to get thirty instead of the normal seven, will I mess up anything in the fever rounds? This door opens only during the fever rounds and I don't know if the amount of payoff of balls from this determines anything in a fever.
    The only way you are going to find this out if this effects the payout during fever is to either disassemble the code in the LE4280 main control processor, or to do a long experiment involving counting a lot of balls. I tried tripping the sensor for the fever door on one of my machines, and the machine errored and set off a noisy alarm sound.

Any ideas on what the #LEDS as well as the single red led was or is for by the two call buttons?
    The two 'call' buttons are not call buttons at all, they are the ball loan (玉貸 or 球貸) and card return(返却) buttons for the card reader unit that is connected to the D25 connector that the dongle is plugged into (hence the connections for these buttons and the associated LED displays all going to this connector).

The three digit 7 segment display shows how many Yen you have left remaining on your prepaid card (x100), and the single red LED indicates 'Ball Loan Available', ie if you press the ball loan button when it's lit then your card will be debited and you will get the appropriate number of balls payed out into the upper tray.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to daverob

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Figuring out the connectors on Victory case

im still trying to convince myself that i can comprehend the money on a ball loan unit as there are a few floating about at the moment problem is a certain trucker had the only card maker that was avalible
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do