Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AutomATic lives up to its name now

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default AutomATic lives up to its name now

I recieved an autostop board from Autoslot, now the AutomATic is truley automatic. The credit add feature is great as well. I might get more just for the credit add, too cool. Super easy just plug it in, the credit add wire took the longest because I forgot where I put the line taps and spent too much time looking through drawers and such. The board is 'lucky' I hit all kinds of bonus rounds with it. I play the machine almost contioiously as it is so easy to punch bet then spin. I play while walking past while chucking spheres, etc. it is rolling while I am struggeling with sindbad.
    This is step one of this machines metamorphasis. I have an IGT arm that I will place on the side, soon. followed by maybe a custom belly glass?
    Does anyone know what wires I need to splice into? Bellco model.
    Autoslot has some info on this I was wanting a pre-chewed easy answer, I don't have time now but when I do start this I would like a head start on the wiring.
    No time now I started my wifes cabinet/closet 81" high by 88" wide its huge. it is filling up the workshop part of the basement.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

2. The following user says "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: AutomATic lives up to its name now

Thanks. I wish I could take credit for all the bonus rounds, but that is just the luck of the spin. Let me know once you figure out the spin knob/bandit arm wiring and I will add it to my site.
    autoslot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am hoping someone knows which wires to tap, I will post the results. This project is on the back burner for now. I sure like the credit add function it almost makes it fun to run out of credits. I wish I could pick up 6 more just credit add kits then I would make it standard on all my machines. Could I use DIY-01 kit to just add credits on different models?
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when your ready to do the handle contact me and ill walk ya through how to find the wiring for the handle . youll need a meter handy too.

as long as your spin lever is 5volts you can use the diy kit but im working on a way to use the kit with my vintage machine (richman )its 12volt will probably use a 5 volt power pack and a 12volt relay to pick up when the handle is hit to spin .but as long as you dont hook up the three reel stop wires i dont see why you cant do it . i think your coin sensor has to be 5 volts also doesnt it vince? all can be fooled with relays im sure if you dont have the proper voltage .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 10-31-2006 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff. your a clever one what power pack are you tinking? a 110> 5 V transformer?
    a PC powersupply has 12v+ 12- and 5+ 5- leads, in case you need an alternative power source.
    I might take you up on your generous offer, what I wanted was a definate wiring instruction in example: "yellow wire from spin knob to brown on handle' Note: I made these up for the purpose of explamation only. I have the time to wait if someone has a Bellco pre-wired with the handle already. Else I look forward to playing with it. This project is for the fun of doing it. I am thinking about it more and might sneak it through the shop a bit quicker.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm thinking of using a plug in power pack like the type used to charge a cell phone and such but if need be a computer power supply will do the trick.as for your handle wiring i have a sure put method that does work how many wires are going to your spin knob and what colors are they ?
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

red white and black
    red +5>black white +5v >black goes to 0 when spin knob is pressed, black ref.
    IGT arm has a switch 3 connections, and a selenoid on a big pawl. it won't pull without power to the selenoid.

pc supplies are availble up to 500 watt,*
    * a 350 has 13.0 A @+12v, .06A@ -12, 25.0A@+5v , 15.0A@3.3v
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the white should be the switch leg . the red and black the power supply . take a small piece of wire and short the white to the black very quickly and it should spin . if it does connect two wires to the normally open side of the handle micro and the common and it should work fine .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

remove the solinoid and throw it away

11. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The DIY chip can only handle 5 volts. Interfacing to higher voltages requires either relays (such as the AS-03s) or transistors (such as the AS-04).
    You shouldn't have to buy a power supply. The machine's stop board has 24V and 5V on it. I'd be careful about loading the 5V very much though.
    autoslot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I mounted the arm and wired it to the white and black, it works like a charm! I have video uploading to Youtube now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers,
    Mike G

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

vidoes are up on youtube. Really quick ones just a few spins. it was late when I took them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnAx-bW4YjE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKdebAWtP0k
    Cheers,
    Mike G

16. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to see it works the way you wanted their really not hard at all to install ....enjoy i know your friends will .....

Quote Originally Posted by slothappy144 View Post
    I mounted the arm and wired it to the white and black, it works like a charm! I have video uploading to Youtube now.
    Jeff

18. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slothappy144 View Post
    I should have marked the connector, the photo only shows the credit add wire on the left the red white black connector third small connector from right is the spin knob circuit. I connected the normally open momentary contact switch (middle and bottom connectors on the IGT arm) to the white and black wires, tapped in no cutting required.

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1 View Post
    Glad to see it works the way you wanted their really not hard at all to install ....enjoy i know your friends will .....
    It was super easy, I got home at a decent time from my second job and was wired on coffee so I went just to look at what colored wires I had, I brought a meter with me and after jumpering it and then connected the continuty tester to the arm and pulled it a couple of times I had to get it connected. Jeff is evil, I had no intention of doing this project but there it is, almost done. I need to take about 1/4" from the bottom of the IGT chromed plastic cover and get it installed.I need to put the fine blade on the bandsaw first.
    It has a Vegas feel to it now, am sure the only question noobs at my place will be " how come it does not pay real money?" I should make a sign that explains the token thing. Devon could do the graphics.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Slotthappy144 Quote "Jeff is evil"

Now theres a compliment !!!!!! Dawn this is for you none of that cuddly nice stuff ........it ruins my image !!!!
    Jeff

21. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Slotthappy144 Quote "Jeff is evil"

Now theres a compliment !!!!!! Dawn this is for you none of that cuddly nice stuff ........it ruins my image !!!!
    You are a bad influence, evil evil man, perfect for Halloween I'd say.
    I had good intentions on devoting my 'spare' time to the wifes cabinet. I posted this thred to harvest ideas so when I did have time to tinker about the shop I could play with my pachislo at my leisure, preferably some cold snowy day, in a nice warm shop with a tall coffee on a Sunday morning. but NO I had to stay up way late, not only making the mod but documenting it as well.
    I was thinking it would make a cool How to video, if I edited the cursing out. I would need a camera operator.
    The short videos I posted this AM are simply shot with my wifes digital camera, then I copied from the memory card to my PC desktop, then uploaded from them straight to YouTube. it seems not to work straight from card reader to YouTube, I tried last night.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You don't need a camera operator, Mike. Just a tripod and a bitten tongue when the urge to curse comes.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain View Post
    remove the solinoid and throw it away
    I laughed when i read this. so simple and to the point. I would like to use it later maybe a relay connected to the spin light would make this just right.
    Not now Jeff, not now! LOL... L8r after the wife has clothes in her (our) new closet/cabinet.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to be the instrument of the pachi-satan :

.....i did tell you to contact me when you were ready ...obviously you were ready last night !!!!!!! What can i say except look what i bought today a new post will be up in a min.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to be the instrument of the pachi-satan :

.....i did tell you to contact me when you were ready ...obviously you were ready last night !!!!!!! What can i say except look what i bought today a new post will be up in a min.
    when you asked me what color the wires were I knew once I opened the machine it was happening. thats why I brought the meter with me. What did it for sure was hearing the continuity tester beep when I pulled the arm, I thought , hey all I have to do now is ..... the rest is a lack of rest.
    Man that is cool machine. it looks coin op. retro cool, it will look sweet shined up.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast