Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CR Maharaja TJ

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default CR Maharaja TJ

The Legend (and Smell) of Diso is Alive and Well!

As discussed in another thread, I had pulled the trigger on a new Heiwa Pachinko called CR Maharaja (Maharajiya) first introduced in May 11, and entered the Parlors on June 5th, 2006. It hasn't arrived in North America yet, but I thought to give you some background to ponder.

There are four versions of this Pachinko, the PJ (1/99.2), V (1/204.5), TS (1/288.5) and the TJ (1/375.5). This game, an echo of the social phenomenon that was Disco, did not make a large initial penetration into the Japanese market and was only installed in approximately 20-25% of the Parlors. Yet after 4 months the game is holding it's own with very few being removed after this time. It appears to have found an audience.

http://www.heiwanet.co.jp/

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
    (Click on Peace near the bottom and then CRMaharaja near the top)

Now coincidently (Not), there is also happens to be a series of over 60 Disco themed night clubs also amazingly, called Maharaja. These clubs, born in burning inferno that was the Japanese economy of 1982, symbolized the Disco revolution in Japan, and are still very actively riding the second (third?) wave of Disco.

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

The gorgeous playfield design heavily favors a shiny Gold and Black motif. And as can be seen on Heiwa's home page, to balance the great looks, there is music, lots of it! An interesting blend, a great fusion of tunes, is all integrated into this multi-genre'd machine. This machine has got it all together! There is Disco, Soul, Euro Beat, Techno, Club Express and Trance. They have even included a schmaltzy Waltz tune to calm the frayed and tattered soul. Remembering that some of these are recent re-makes, here is the impressive 16 song list.

Tora Tora Tora
    The Loco-motion
    Venus
    Butterfly
    That's the way
    Night of Fire
    Can't undo this!!
    Give me up
    Wannabe
    Mary Jane
    Boogie Wonderland
    James Brown is Dead
    Samba DE Janeiro
    Dschinghis Khan
    Can't Take My Eyes Off you
    Kinetic Drive (Heiwa Original)

This machine has beautiful atmosphere in spades baby! To help carry the theme, there is of course the prerequisite "Mirror Ball" presented centered over the large LCD display, flanked by a large number of lighted bars which alternate seven colors at a frenzied pace. These produce either the desired "Disco" atmosphere, or trigger an unwanted epileptic response. Assuming that you do survive the stroboscopic blitz, you could find yourself entering the specially enhanced "Trance Time" play mode. All the while listening to Heiwa's specially prepared original composition, the pounding "Kinetic Drive", all pushing you towards the desired Fever time.

There are a variety of reach notices presented, from a Lens Flare, Butterfly, Elephants and Mirror Ball, to a change in Floor lighting, Camera angle changes, or the appearance of Spot lights. There are also ample opportunities given to push the "Blue Chance Button".

To keep this already intense game moving, and still further the game play, increasing the variety and interest even more, here is a listing of the many reaches;

Soul Reach - "That's the Way"
    Para Para Reach - "Night of Fire"
    Techno Reach - "Can't Undo This"
    European Beat Reach - "Give Me Up"
    DJ Reach - "Wannabe"
    Teak Reach - "Mary Jane"
    Medley Reach - "James Brown is Dead"
    All the Rotary Reaches - "Samba De Janeiro"

You will meet a dazzling array of DJ's, from the afro-haired Maurice, Rick the Travolta wanna be, Johnio who reminds me of Johnny Fever from WKRP, to the two lovely girls, Himiko the brunette, and the true blonde Anna. I'm feverish already, so get ready to party. Did I mention that there were girls?

After hitting a Regular Bonus, and specifically during round seven, the DJ Chance mode is presented. It is possible to elevate into a Big Bonus Fever with the use of the dedicated Blue Chance Button and changing the music being played. The tunes offered during this stage are "Dschinghis Khan" and "Can't Take My Eyes Off You". Also, by pressing this button during other Fever rounds, it is possible to change the video view, so that the pretty women are better appreciated.

Now you have been clearly warned! This game is not for the faint of heart and must at all costs, be kept away from the impressionable children. Play should only be attempted by the geriatric professionals among us. Only those who have been participating in the specialized underground dance training program since the 80's; those tireless unassuming (knitting) few preparing for this very auspicious moment; only they can hope to cope and survive. Be warned. This is not your Mother's Disco! It has mutated and evolved!

Oh that’s the way aha aha I like it aha aha
    That’s the way aha aha I like it aha aha

Here are some pretty cool pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: CR Maharaja TJ

Thats one funkey machine man... gonna have to put it on the wants list im hoping for some video footage when it turns up please dishpan
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: CR Maharaja TJ - "The Smell of Disco"

Here are pics of some of the accessories that were required to operate this magnificent machine. You know, the job's not complete until all of the documentation and the paperwork is done!

There was some previous discussion in these threads,
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...light=maharaja
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...light=maharaja

These essentials are:
    A Parlor Flag, a Parlor Promo DVD, A Music CD, Product Brochure, Spec Sheets and Mouse Pad, and of course a much needed Factory Manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great! Thanks for the write-up!!!
    Dawn

7. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

have you go the dvd already ??

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like you could put Lupin cels in that case, if you were so inclined. That is about the sexiest case I've seen (and I've seen a few!). Love that color and the chrome!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

10. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

oh me likes the case too -me just loves Chrome!

Would love dancing in the Kitchen to that one - but not sure I would be happy for the Wookie to be playing with those Gals though........

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    have you go the dvd already ??
    No, the shipment is still being consolidated, and is likely still a week or two away. If you look on the Heiwa site, the Flash presentation does give you a good taste of the tunes utilized. I can see this being a real party machine.

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Looks like you could put Lupin cels in that case, if you were so inclined. That is about the sexiest case I've seen (and I've seen a few!). Love that color and the chrome!
    Yes, all the latest Lupin cells should fit, as well as the Ski Jumping Pairs. I am strongly attracked to the Red and Chrome as well. I am also very eager to have a look at this all-aluminum frame, no wood. It's my belief that manufacturing quality of Sankyo and Heiwa is right up there with the best, if they aren't the best.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmmm had a look through the site and quite tempted to order one for my personal colection

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't hold back now Doc. Trust your feelings. Close your eyes and let the tunes carry you, it's magic.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks spectacular!!!!

wow!!!

leisure suit is at the ready..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Maharaja arrived today from Japan and I'd like to offer some initial opinions.
    The quick 2 hour evaluation summary is ... Another Keeper! Ladies and Gentlemen.

My first observations were that the maroon, black and silver case is very much Heiwa; solid, sleek, elegant and erganomic. The machine arrived in brand new condition, as expected since this game has only been in the Japanese halls for 4 months. Not a scratch or blemish, and it still has that showroom shine and smell. A light dusting and it looks like new.

This game is constructed with the new aluminum frame and is built like a tank. Very solid, with no chance of racking. Mounting the support feet and transformer is a bit more of a chore however. Since the main electronics board was tagged as requiring 150VA, I mounted a quality 6 Amp transformer, added a cheater dongle and the power cord. We were ready to rock.

This game has the trademark one piece, integrated play and reward tray. The reward ball tray and the reward ball channel on the rear, are integrated into one unit. The shooter knob is angled slightly to the right as on the Deca Inka and is in perfect alignment with your right arm. This unit has four speaker "symphonic surround sound" which can also booms out the bass, and surprisingly, does not need extra volume controls. Oddly, the compacted shooter mechanism, behind the player tray panel, is located to the left side, contrary to any other machine that I've seen. It lauches the balls vertically and does not have a shooter track.

I turned the unit on and expected a startup promo video screen and tune. Instead the machine was silent and displayed a fancy text title and "boot" screen, complete with what appeared to be a Bios date and time stamp, much like a computer. Perhaps this thing has a Flashable Bios capability? When the "MS Windows" like "loading" bar completed it's business, we came finally to the attract mode video screen. But no sound. The dancing case lights as mentioned by Lddrizzt in another post, were quite a treat.

While looking over the cell playfield in detail, I happend to glance at the large video screen and almost fell off my stool. The normal stage setup framed with elephants had changed after a few minutes, and ... well ... how do I describe this? Do you remember my "Caution!! Life will never be the same." posting? Search for "Levas" or "Polka". Well, it was like that, two alternating dancers wearing skin tight micro-mini skirts, and not much else. They were endowed with genetically impossible, inhumanly rendered, and Newtonian like, physical accuracy. Move over Cutie Honey! You've now been retired! Wow!

The web pictures do not do this game justice. The large video screen is flanked on both sides with nails. That's right, you have equal play opportunity from either side. The multi-faceted mirror ball is actually a polished, transparent, rotating and back-lighted fixture. The numerous colored bars smoothly cycle through the entire spectrum. The videos are highly detailed and generally well designed. During a couple of reaches, I was presented with a dance-off competion between a "good" and a "bad" charactor. It was dancing done with a "Street Fighter" flair, reminiscent of the old arcade and consol game.

I had the pre-conception that this game was all about bombastic disco. It's not. It's all about music and dancing, done tastefully. A perfect addition to any gameroom. The "Starter" music started off with a soft and gentle rendition of Little Eva's "Loco-motion". Even the video animation motion appeared slow. But after each reach session, during which the music changed, it returned back to "Loco-motion" but it seemed at a slightly faster pace. In fact the whole pacing of the machine seemed to pick up the longer that I played. The transition effect was very subtle, so much so that I thought that perhaps I imagined the whole thing. Anyways, I very much enjoyed the experience and did not want to stop playing. The music was continuous between starter spins, no stuttering, hesitation or repeating. Just continuous and seamlessly blended music. There was no irritation at all; I wanted to listen to it!

This, as another of the many recent games that I now own, has confirmed my recent suspicions. As a consequence of the game licensing changes that Japan has started making in 2004 in an attempt to cut down on the big payouts; the newer games have become much more interactive and entertaining. Without the big payoffs to attract and hold players, the gameplay must. There is a very big change in the way that these games played before 2005 and now, which is great for us.

If I had been unfortunate enough to live in Japan, I would have auctioned off my Z Car and be living in the streets by now. Just so that I could keep playing these new Pachinko games.

Move over Elvis. The new King has arrived, and we shall call him Maharaja!
    Last edited by dishpan; 10-19-2006 at 01:41 AM.

18. The following 16 users say "Thanks" to dishpan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really enjoy reading your reviews - it's almost like being there seeing and playing the machine!!

and it's really nice when the new Toys live up to and sometimes even exceed expectations isn't it!?

Congrats on the new addition!!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok you convinced me time to get the rifle out i swear you guys are gonna cost me a devorce because i know im gonna want to keep this one

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    ok you convinced me time to get the rifle out i swear you guys are gonna cost me a devorce because i know im gonna want to keep this one

No Worries, DOC, you can thank us later....

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice job, dishpan!
    GREAT review, and thanks for posting it for us.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

24. The following user says "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm curious....how much does it set you back, buying a machine direct, so long before the usual channels offer them?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its realy not cheap as you are looking at £175/£200 shipping alone on one machien to the uk then you will need a transformer and balls some legs and a good cleaning

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love that new aluminum frame! That is the same case that my Lassen World has. The Deka Inca (by Ginza) has a metal frame also. These frames are solid, and no real chance of warping, or having the door go askew from the frame being off center.

As to the shooter knob being like the Deka Inca, well it still has a little more angling to go to be the same, but it's getting there! These angled shooters are much more comfortable to play for longer periods.

How about the payout motor? it's at the top! and the whole assembly slides to the side if you need to do a ball dump.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So are we talking like $1000USD for a more "current" machine when ordering a single one direct from Japan?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast