Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Possible New Counter Mod

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Possible New Counter Mod

OK, This is a great site, and supporting it is a good enough reason. So I'm creating an account right now, and I'll try listing a couple.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pfiesm View Post
    I already have a web site put together, so really no reason to provide another method. Right?
    No you're right. There is absolutely no reason to support the website that has your biggest customer base.
    And of course since you have a website of your own, why should you use the auction site? That is why Milt of Stealth and Gaku of Gak Trading don't use our auction site. Oh my bad, 2 of the largest dealers in the states do use our auciton site. As does drcrippen, who is an up n coming dealer in the UK.
    Oh wait a sec, come to think of it none of those large vendors peddle their products in the forums, (which by the way is against the rules) they use the auction site like they are supposed to.
    See Bird Brain? that is what sarcasm looks like.

*edit* I am glad to see that you are setting up that account. Let's see how they go.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lddrizzt

You are absolutely right. This forum has been very tollerant of my advertising intrusions. Your ideas and suggestions have been been both encoraging and helpful. I did create an account, and I listed a few to see how it goes. Thanks for setting me straight.

Marty

5. The following user says "Thanks" to pfiesm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now the next step is to make an announcement in the PachiTalk-The Auction section.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, it's getting late so I'm probably just missing something. Is that something I do or you do? I don't see anywhere that I would do it in the auction site?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's not on the auction site it's here on the board. And it's something you do.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pfiesm View Post
    OK, it's getting late so I'm probably just missing something. Is that something I do or you do? I don't see anywhere that I would do it in the auction site?
    Here you go:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16684

I did it for you.

This is the area they want you to announce your auctions:

Pachitalk Pachislo and Pachinko Forums > Trading Post > PachiTalk - The Auction

BTW great looking ad!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to azlew

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could this combined with a credit add chip be used to go token less? I am not realy wanting this now just reminded me of TJ's thread about a tokenless PlanetT
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Has anyone purchased one of these and willing to talk a lil about their expeirence?

15. The following user says "Thanks" to scooby_doo_m2002

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Scooby,

I was hoping one of the folks who did buy these would respond. I think what I'm going to do is make an introductory offer to see if we can get some more people to try these out.

I'll list 10 units on the Pachitalk Auction site for Pachitalk members only, 1 per customer for $25 each. US shipping is included. Canada will be a few dollars more. My hope would be that those who purchase would be willing to provide a review on this forum.

I'll try to get the listing up by the end of the week. I'm not sure if I can do a multiple item listing and limit 1 per customer? I'll try.

Marty

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi all

Well I have had the pachicounter for a few days now and I have to say I am very impressed. Right now it is only hooked up to my Neo Magic.
    Here is a breakdown for everyone:
    You need a one wire adapter for this to work properly so that adds about $20 to the price but it is still a good deal. Once you have this you are ready to set up.

Software Install: Very Easy from Marty's website.

Hardware Install: Also very easy, just plugs right in. You then use the included telephone wire to hook up to your computer through the adapter.

I did run into a problem getting the software to communicate with the machine at first. It took some trial and error and I also needed an extra driver for the one wire adapter. I downloaded this from the site I bought the adapter from. I would recommend to Marty that he should explain how to set up the adapter as you need to pick which USB port your adapter is in which makes it a little hard to figure out.

Once I got this running it worked great. You can name your machines and put pictures in also. When you hit a bonus your computer screen flashes and tells you that there is bonus. There are options to determine how full your hopper is which is a nice touch.
    It remembers the stats and updates them the next time you turn on your computer which is great if you don't want to leave your computer on.

Overall I would say that this was a great buy. If you can get past the setup which takes a little effort then in the end the reward is great. I would recommend that any pachi lover give this a try.

If you have any specific questions I will do my best to answer them.
    Neo Magic Pulsar, King Camel, Rocky Pachinko,
    Top Gun Pachinko

18. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to JVCJr26

Thanks
    Thanks Received

JVCJr26,

Thanks for the review and I'm very happy to hear you've had good luck with your PachiCount. I'm sorry for the difficulty you experienced with the USB adapter. I have only used the serial adapter here, so I was not aware of the additional driver install. I will order a USB adapter right away so I can get some experience with the drivers. I suspect I'll be able to simplify the process, or at least post instructions on the web site. If you could, please send me any notes you may have on what you needed to do.

One thing I'd like to clarify from your post is that, you only need one adapter. Then you just daisy chain the devices together to make a network. So the $20 adapter is a one time cost.

Again, thanks so much for trying it out, and for providing your valuable feedback on the forum.

Marty

PachiCount Web Site

20. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pfiesm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3