Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Free play switch how do you do it ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Free play switch ( how do you do it ? )

Hey guys,

In another post alstonj1 stated that he know how to install a free play switch to add one credit at a time, I would love to knoww how to do that, I have used auto stops and credit adds but this would be great and simple to use. any help would be great.

Thanks to all the great knowlege out there!!!!!!!!
    Jeff Ronco

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Free play switch ( how do you do it ? )

Quote Originally Posted by Applegrove
    Hey guys,

In another post alstonj1 stated that he know how to install a free play switch to add one credit at a time, I would love to knoww how to do that, I have used auto stops and credit adds but this would be great and simple to use. any help would be great.

Thanks to all the great knowlege out there!!!!!!!!
    its easy to do the mod was an extension to the arm mod that we made earlier . basically look at your coin mech and locate the sensor on the mech it should have a three wire harness connected to it . usually red,black, yellow (the last wire could be brown or what ever they wanted but the red and black are normal on all ) the red and black are the supply voltage to the sensor(never short these 2 wires ) the third wire is the trigger wire and is either high all the time or low all the time so heres what you do . measure the black and red wires with an volt meter should be 5v dc some could be as high as 24 volts dc . then measure between the black and the third wire if you get nothing measure between the red and the third wire . if you get the same voltage between the third wire and either black or red thats the two your interested in. take a small jumper and short the 3rd wire and the one that showed a voltage just for a sec it should register a credit . if you hold it there to long it will cause a coin jam . if it works attach a couple wires to those connections and attach a momentary switch to the two wires and mount it where you can reach it out side the machine .(i mounted mine behind the ash tray you have to flip it up to hit the switch ,it cant be seen normally ) repeated hitting of the switch should fill the bank in 50 credits in no time . good luck .....
    Jeff

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There's always Vince's "autostop" mod where simply press two of the reel stop buttons and load up 50 credits in a couple of seconds. It works great!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the one i have from vince you hold the far right button in for a few seconds then it counts up 50 credits ........
    Jeff

7. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, It is the right button that adds credits. Pressing 2 buttons enables other functions.
    autoslot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

However many buttons, it's a much easier way of adding credits and there's no chance of the getting the token jam. Plus if you like the auto-stop reels, its already built right in!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

10. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

aded one to my betty boop machine and its great im not so sure on th eauto stop part but the credit add is a dream
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the jam will only occur if you have a brain fart and hold the button in for an extended period of time .it is named a momentary switch for a purpose !!!!! but if you do no harm a simple reset and all is well anyway ......
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys for the input, I have a couple of the chips, but I thought the switch might be a easier.
    Jeff Ronco

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for being so ignorant on this matter. I really think this is a great mod and I really want put it on all my machines, but I don't want to end up frying anything. Can you go through the process of how you test the wires with a multi meter? Machine on? Machine off? Need to drop in coins while you do this? Details on how to probe the wires? Any help on specific machines that you've done this to? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Check out http://autoslot.info/pachitalk for a table with wiring.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought those wiring specs were for use only if you were installing Vince's auto slot mechanisms.

Do those wiring selections work if I want to install a momentary switch between them to provide me with an "Add Credit" button ??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Same as credit add except you provide the pulse's. (momentary on) see Jeff's post #2 for detailed explanation.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff, what kind of switch did you use? Would a door bell button work or does it have to be a specialty type of switch? When you test two wires with a multi-meter aren't you in essence shorting them, or completing a circuit?

Do you know if any of the brands of pachislos out there have "special" requirements that might make this mod difficult? Also, you mentioned in you write-up not to short the black and the red wire in your explanation. What would happen if you did this by accident ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you'd short the feed and possibly blow a fuse .the whole idea is to watch for a change in voltage when a token is inserted same as the spin lever for the arm mod .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff, sorry for being such a dope on this, but can you walk me through the process of testing the wires? Do you put the black lead from the multimeter on one wire and the red on another, or do you put the black on a ground and test each of the wires with the red? Also, how do you probe each wire, do you have to strip some insulation from them?

Then while you're holding the tester on these wires, you drop a token in the machine and look for a voltage change? I guess that means the machine must be powered on when you do this, yes?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

first heres a few questions how many wires going to your coin mech ?what are the wire colors? how many sensors are on the mech ? also what machine is it ?
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I’d have to look in my machines to give you the specifics. The following are the machines I have and the wires colors and positions from the credit add table on autoslot.info. These are the two wires autoslot says you have to tap into when you install his autostop device in order to activate the credit add feature. I guess the question would be…are these the same wires to use for this simple free play switch mod?

Babel (Eleco 5V normally high) 2nd wire - white 3rd wire - green
    Monkey vs Crab ((Bellco 5V normally high) 2nd wire - brown 3rd wire - yellow
    Neo Planet (Yamasa 5V normally high) 1st and 2nd wire – both red
    Savanna Park (Sammy 12V normally high) 2nd wire - yellow 5th wire - white
    Thunderbirds (Fuji 5V normally LOW) 2nd and 3rd wire – both white

I had e-mailed autoslot asking about the installation of his autostop/autocredit device and he told me on the Fuji machines (Thunderbirds) you have to cut four wires to in order to connect his device. I don’t know why his chart doesn’t reflect this but I’m wondering if that means this free play mod is more complicated on a Fuji machine.

What do you think about all this? Also, how did you test you wires with a multimeter; don’t you have to expose bare wire in order to test them; how did you do that?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff, Vince from auto slot doesn't think your mod works. What machine(s) have you successfully installed it on ?

I’d have to look in my machines to give you the specifics. The following are the machines I have and the wires colors and positions from the credit add table on autoslot.info. These are the two wires autoslot says you have to tap into when you install his autostop device in order to activate the credit add feature. I guess the question would be…are these the same wires to use for this simple free play switch mod?

Babel (Eleco 5V normally high) 2nd wire - white 3rd wire - green
    Monkey vs Crab ((Bellco 5V normally high) 2nd wire - brown 3rd wire - yellow
    Neo Planet (Yamasa 5V normally high) 1st and 2nd wire – both red
    Savanna Park (Sammy 12V normally high) 2nd wire - yellow 5th wire - white
    Thunderbirds (Fuji 5V normally LOW) 2nd and 3rd wire – both white

I had e-mailed autoslot asking about the installation of his autostop/autocredit device and he told me on the Fuji machines (Thunderbirds) you have to cut four wires to in order to connect his device. I don’t know why his chart doesn’t reflect this but I’m wondering if that means this free play mod is more complicated on a Fuji machine.

What do you think about all this? Also, how did you test you wires with a multimeter; don’t you have to expose bare wire in order to test them; how did you do that?
    Last edited by richiep1; 01-11-2007 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Where the wires merge with th e connector there usually exposed metal,next to the wire or stick a needle through the wire and touch meter to the needle, of cousre take care not to allow 2 needles to touch metal or each other.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

25. The following user says "Thanks" to slothappy144

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast