Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deka Nana with no sound

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Deka Nana with no sound

the resistance test needs (should) to be done with power off. you will need the machine making sound to see if it is producing any. use an 8 ohm 10 watt, speaker for the test (home stero) Don't use a 4 ohm car speaker. Oh, if the test speaker is listed with a higher wattage it is OK.
    FYI the sound board could have up to 500 ohm and still have faint sound pass, I had a quick and dirty sound reducer on Yajikita for a few days it was 500 ohm, some prefer 180 ohm.
    Nice idea using the coin jam sound, I might use this to set the levels next time.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by slothappy144
    the resistance test needs (should) to be done with power off. you will need the machine making sound to see if it is producing any. use an 8 ohm 10 watt, speaker for the test (home stero) Don't use a 4 ohm car speaker. Oh, if the test speaker is listed with a higher wattage it is OK.
    FYI the sound board could have up to 500 ohm and still have faint sound pass, I had a quick and dirty sound reducer on Yajikita for a few days it was 500 ohm, some prefer 180 ohm.
    Nice idea using the coin jam sound, I might use this to set the levels next time.
    checked resistance of wire to speaker with power off and got 13 ohm and tryed a house speaker but got no sound

Quote Originally Posted by Applegrove
    I have a machine sitting infront of me, the sound board seems to be incorperated in the front reel glass board on the right side of the inside glass, the two sound wires go from the speaker to the fornt reel glass board, if you have tryed everything else this board might be bad, try Milt for a one if not I have one for you.
    Milt sent me a sound board that thought would work but it doesn't go in my machine so if you think that board is bad maybe i'll give it a try.
    Last edited by schneider; 08-29-2006 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

resistance is within the range, can you check if your getting power into the sound board? Applegrove would need to point you to the exact wires to test.
    look for a wire from the main powersupply to the sound board, unplug and check for voltage, 24? not sure what the input voltage should be on this.

OR just swap out the sound board I'd say 60% chance it is the board itself, or voltage to it is too low.
    If the one from milt is not the right one send it back, and get the correct one.
    If the same board is used with the lights and the lights work then it probably is not the power, this points back to the board, up to 90% probability IMHO.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wanted to thank everyone for there help and ideas and to give a follow up on problem. I got some parts for machine from Jeff at Applegrove and it ended up being the main computer board that mounts on back wall of machine. It works great again, Thanks again and enjoy your toys. Schneider

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am glad you were able to get it patched up. Sorry for your bad luck, better luck on your next one, you know your going to get more.
    Cheers,
    Mike G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2