Thread: California Legal Pachislos ???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default California Legal Pachislos ???

Just got back from the California Gift show in downtown LA and saw a vendor there offering what they claim are California Legal Pachislo machines.

Seems that they removed the coin and payout mechanisms from the machine and put in some electronics to get around the laws here in CA. They had a letter from the state that indicated that with the coin mechanisms removed they were no longer considered a slot machine.

They only had four machines on display but nothing that I recognized.
    Price was $219.00 for one or 6 for $199.00 each

Never heard of them before seeing them today at the gift show, seems they are into mostly games and puzzles. Pachislos take up 1 page in their catalogs and it looks the same as the link below.

I asked about other machines than the ones they had on display and they indicated that the module was different for each manufacturer so their selection was limited at this time.

Finally I asked about Pachinko, and they said, nobody wants pachinkos but as soon as people see these Pachislos they think Slot Machine and want one.

http://www.tdcgames.com/slots.htm
    Jim
    Yellow Cab, Pink Panther, Thunderbirds, Star War, 4 Single Shots, 18 Vintage Machines plus 6 assorted Modern Machines and a Gauntlet Arcade Machine

2. The following user says "Thanks" to jwegger

Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: California Legal Pachislos ???

I think Sam's club was selling those here.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those are EXACTLY what Sam's club were selling. I inquired about those and got a catalog. 259 each or 229 each for a 6pack, they pick what you get. They told me I could pick the titles for an additional 49.95/machine. If I wanted the coinless ones they were 279each with no choice.

They have so many different setups that they can't even keep track of whats what. Before clearly seeing the light, I purchased one that was supposed to have 200 tokens and I recieved 189 and there were 3 lights missing from the machine. I called them stating I was missing 11 tokens and there were 3 lights missing out of the machine. I called on a Friday evening, by Tuesday morning I had a package on my front porch from ups that had 489 tokens and 5 light bulbs with sockets.

I promptly called them to tell them thanks for the fast service and wandered about the 478 extra tokens and extra lights. they said to keep them as compensation. Friday of the same week, My wife calls me at work to say the ups guy just dropped off another package. I had her open it up, inside was a letter/note stating they were sorry for all my trouble and that my machine would arrive soon and gave me a tracking number. also in the box were 650 tokens along with 5 more light bulbs with sockets.

Checked the tracking number provided and sure enough my name and address was list due to arrive later that day through fed ex. not sure the exact time but by 8pm that Friday I had a machine waiting for me with 5 bulbs with sockets, and 500 tokens in the hopper.

To sum it up for you: In 7 days I had gotten a total of: 2 Yajikata machines, 1828 tokens, and 12 spare bulbs with sockets (after replaceing the 3 missing ones) all for 279usd and about 10mins. worth of talking on their 800 number. So At first I got ripped off but due to their lack of communication I think I faired pretty well.

My wife said I should have called them again, thanking them for all I had recieved, and to sit back and see what they sent me next.

Anyways, back to your regularly scheduled programming, they are the ones that also had the speed racers the most of the gold was peeling off of the door....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tighter, than the space Shuttle too
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A little bird once told me that TDC = 5Star.
    Indeed, TDC had Sam's Club sewn up for a while.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!