Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sinbad Leds

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sinbad Leds

There you go.. Its harder to take through the door, as the LCD on the door adds some extra backlight.. But it should give you an idea

Jon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pachislo :
    Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    King Camel
    Beast Sapp (Which I want to change for Sinbad)
    Tekken
    Pachinko :
    Star Wars (Which I don't get)
    Other Stuff:
    Hot Stuff (UK) Fruit Machine - MAME Cabinet - Fully stocked Beer Fridge

2. The following user says "Thanks" to jweaver

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    to get white in the light spectrum you use red, green and blue . anyone that has had to align color guns in a picture tube knows that. So saying that the colors aren't absorbed by the color segments because its a white led is misleading . the only reason the color doesn't match is because it doesn't make the same intensity of white as the tricolor does much the same as fluorescent tubes have warm white(yellow or pinkish white) and cool white (blue white) so do LEDs .
    Based on a fair amount of qualitative study, the original Kingbright type LEDs were more "warm" balanced, i.e. the red spectrum diode was pumping more and slightly shifted. THe definition of "white" is all over the place, but if you check way back in the archives, I am pretty sure I detailed that the engineers purposely chose and balanced for a specifically warm white in order to make the reds in the reels pop a bit more and with a more even glow (making it slightly better for eye shooting - which they advertise). In fact they took into account the filtering affect of the LCD in front of the reels too, as this affects the final light spectrum.

The original Kingbrights have a wide, wide spread at a fairly decent output, and their package sits very low to the circuit board, so the light is thrown clear to the edge of the "skirt" or light horn that surrounds them. The net effect of this is that it throws a nice clean cut off shadow on the reel at the top and bottom, giving the impression of a very even illumination across the three lines in the reels.

The replacements don't throw as wide, so they don't hit the edge with enough intensity to make the clean shadow, and because the light falls off it looks like they are haloed . The ones we used don't have severe halos, but a digital camera may be enhancing the effect (and especially if these replacements are any brighter than the ones we used). When the door is closed, the LCD further blends the light and the intense spot or "halo" is not really noticeable at all (on mine anyway), just the light drop off on the top and bottom of the reel. Even side-by side with original working leds, none of my guests have ever noticed or mentioned the difference. I have to point it out (and even then a couple times before they see the difference).
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to websherpa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jweaver
    There you go.. Its harder to take through the door, as the LCD on the door adds some extra backlight.. But it should give you an idea

Jon
    harder but better to judge and id say there very acceptable in your case the door has a tendency to even the lighting out a bit and looks great on your machine.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep.. It looks fine.. More than acceptable.. I am still a little disappointed how 'bland' the colours now look.. With the original LEDs,the Blue and more noticably the Red look really dark and bold when they flashed past... Now, with the new LEDs, the reds flashing by look a little 'pale' (almost pink).

But its certainly not a problem and its better than worrying about if/when the LEDs are going to blow.

All the best

Jon
    Pachislo :
    Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    King Camel
    Beast Sapp (Which I want to change for Sinbad)
    Tekken
    Pachinko :
    Star Wars (Which I don't get)
    Other Stuff:
    Hot Stuff (UK) Fruit Machine - MAME Cabinet - Fully stocked Beer Fridge

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds like the Superfluxes you sourced might be either a bit brighter or bluer than the ones we used. The reason I say this is because in using alternative Kingbrights which had a bluer, whiter white, I experienced the reels exactly as you described. The Pirhana Superfluxes I tested and used certainly weren't as "red" as the originals (which you're right pop the reds and enrichen the blues), but they weren't objectionable and only noteable upon really close inspection.

One thing I forgot to mention in my posts is that some LED afficionados warned me about the "range" of quality in these Superfluxes and said that it's best to test them and then choose sets with similar colour balances.
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2