Thread: Hopper Mod

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Hopper Mod

Has anyone ever relocated the switch that causes the hopper to spit out tokens to, say the outside top of the machine? This seems to be an easier alternative to opening up the machine to grab another fistful of tokens after I run out. Suggestions??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hopper Mod

problem with that is if you relocate that switch you will empty the hopper. Then you will have an empty hopper error.
    There was a thread somewhere about making the hopper spit out a bunch while the buttton was pused but I am not sure it ever worked.
    Give the search option at the top of the page a try.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes it works great have it on all my machines keeps the kids out of the inside of the machine . if you use a momentary switch you wont empty the hopper completely unless you have a seizure while operating it ......hid the switch in the handle hole on the right side of the machine almost out of site to everyone .
    Jeff

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I figured that someone must have come up with this idea before me. Thanks!! The momentary switch was what I had in mind. I like the idea of putting it in a somewhat hidden location. I just figured the top of the machine would keep it away from the kids' fingers. I will give it a whirl.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Interesting idea.. I take it that it only works on machines which have a switch to spit out hoppers already??

In my case, I think only King Camel does it!!!

Could this mod be added to all machines, or only ones which have it already?

Jon
    Pachislo :
    Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    King Camel
    Beast Sapp (Which I want to change for Sinbad)
    Tekken
    Pachinko :
    Star Wars (Which I don't get)
    Other Stuff:
    Hot Stuff (UK) Fruit Machine - MAME Cabinet - Fully stocked Beer Fridge

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a New Pulsar Red (with dapperdan Patriots custom kit), and a Charlies Angels. Both have a "spit switch"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the mod can be done on any machine you just need to take out the hopper and trace the motor leads back to the plug on the harness . then pick up the wires on the machine side of the plug . observe the voltage and polarity with a meter while the machine is cashing out tokens then cut the wires attach a switch and power supply and you have coins on demand .... neither of my machines came with a hopper switch both have been modded and deliver tokens to the tray . some machines will give a error when you turn the mod on some wont depends on if it monitors the coin output when not "paying out" . if it does a simple turn of the key usually resets the error no big deal . to find out if yours does or not manually turn your hopper to dispense a token if it does it with out an error your good to go if not see if you can reset it from the door key if not the mod is useless cause you'll have to open the door to reset the machine .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you'd also like autostop of the reels, you can get the credit add feature from http://www.autoslot.info/pachitalk. I believe he only sells the credit add feature to PachiTalk member.

Rory

10. The following user says "Thanks" to rbinkerd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My hopper dont work. Can anyone help? When I press the coin release button on the front of the slot machine it brings up an error message on the menu screen. I'm new to this and dont know what to do. Its a gift for my mom and I have to give this to her on the 13th of Feb. Anyone have any ideas? I did try turning the hopper inside by hand and it did turn and spit out tokens but just that coin release button is giving me a problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jms0969 View Post
    My hopper dont work. Can anyone help? When I press the coin release button on the front of the slot machine it brings up an error message on the menu screen. I'm new to this and dont know what to do. Its a gift for my mom and I have to give this to her on the 13th of Feb. Anyone have any ideas? I did try turning the hopper inside by hand and it did turn and spit out tokens but just that coin release button is giving me a problem.
    I'm just wondering whether this link might help you?

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2572

I'm not too technically clued up on the Pachislo front, but you could always try using the Search function at the top.........

Hope you find the solution to your Problem quickly......

and how nice to give the Gift of a Pachi to your mum!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

JMS please pleas pleas only post the same question in one thread and prefrebly in the technicle help thread we arnt a strict bord or a bunch of sticklers but you have posted this in 3 threads and it means you are getting alot of the same thing repeated to you instead of the guys trying to help by reading what has already been tryed and sugested by others and adding new sugestions they are just repeating themselves
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Every machine that I have has the hopper switch on it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a suggestionON'T PUSH THE BUTTON

17. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like your keyboard does to ..............and its been pushed alot lately...........post the problem in one thread please youll get the same answers no matter where you post it .....
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain View Post
    I have a suggestionON'T PUSH THE
    BUTTON
    Reminiscent of a season two Lost episode (Locke).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have installed Vince's auto credit units on all my modern pachislos so I wouldn't have to worry about constantly feeding IN coins, but still allow the machine to pay OUT coins.

However, I have one vintage pachislo that the autocredit isn't available for and I modified it it so that I can put in coins, they register through the coin mech and then they come right back out into the coin tray, so you can play the same coins over and over...........interested???

Each machine is slightly different, but the procedure is the same.

First - You cut an opening in the end of the token ramp, big enough for the rolling token to easily drop through.

Second -Cut an opening in the top of the token return chute directly below the slot you made in the token ramp., so that when the tokens drop through the slot in the ramp they fall right into the return chute and out the front of the machine.

Lastly - you install a tube between the slot in the ramp and the hole in the return chute to direct the tokens from the ramp to the chute. The tube can be anything that fits...from an empty toilet paper tube, a piece of PVC pipe, or you can fabricate a custom piece out of a piece of thin plexiglas or a plastic bottle.

It's a simple mod, doesn't require any electronincs knowledge and can be reversed if you want to retuirn your machine to orginal. Now, obviously every manufacturer's machine is slightly different, but I'm sure with a little ingenuity, you could find a way to make this work. I got the idea from a mod posted by Vstar5 that he did on his Babel machine (do a search on poor man's auto credit.)

21. The following user says "Thanks" to richiep1