Thread: Help, my Dekainka is trying to tell me something...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help, my Dekainka is trying to tell me something...

"I see dead pachinkonites ..."

No actually, I had finished installing an L-Pad in the front bottom of the machine, no problems there, I had been running it on alligator clips all week and just soldered it in tonight (man it's getting harder and harder to find decent places to have volume controls and power switch come through front of the machine, Seas Story was easy, Dekainca a challenge, and Sakura - well I'm still trying to figure out how).....

in any case I had emptied the machine of balls by using the ball releases. When I refilled and turned the machine on, the right and left wings of the cells lighting, plus the center "sewer" were flashing regularly (as were the two large orange parlour indicator lights at the top). I am 99% sure they don't flash regularly in normal play and this is the first time they have done it. It seems like a parlour notice that there's something that needs attention on the machine. It still plays fine.

I discovered a loose ground wire to the front of the cell, fixed that, but no change.

Then I did what I think was a reset, depressed SW1 (next to power switch) while turning on power. It seemed to clear the blinking orange indicator lights, but not the blinking cell lights, they remain blinking regularly in time together - on off, on off, on off...etc.

Any ideas what may have triggered this? Dekainka doesn't have an LED error indicator at the back like I have seen on other machines. The symbol on the front LED may be giving some information, but I don't have a chart of error codes for this machine (and it displays hieroglyphics rather than a number.

It's driving me batty trying to figure out what I did to cause this condition, or what it's trying to tell me.

Lddrizzt, can you confirm that when you start up, the machine rotates the drum, shows 333 and 777 and the drum starts to rotate colours, but what do the side red wings and red sewer do? They don't blink together like a warning light do they?

Thanks in advance.
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help, my Dekainka is trying to tell me something...

Just turned mine on and looked. Yes the wings and vortex blink on off on off. Never seen the orange lights lit, the blue hopper lights blink for me cuz I'm too lazy to fill it. I think they stop blinking regularly once you hit the start pocket.
    I would give it a shot but it's 4:30AM and I live in an apartment....well I think you understand. But yes they do blink.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you, it's the darndest thing, I would bet $100 it wasn't blinking before I had the orange lights blinking and did a reset ... maybe I am going senile ... I usually notice things like that. (and yes hitting the start pocket changes it temporarily). It's just that the blinking is so regular it reminds me of an error or security sign.
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Usd or Canadian?

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."