Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canada Slots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Canada Slots

Well I have been mentioning that I was gonna receive a DekaInca machine shortly.

Last Friday I received my machine from Canada Slots and opened up a box of parts. She came in all smashed to hell. I am not gonna post those pics cuz it will make you cry. I called them at their Canada office and while talking to Steven I emailed them the pics. Long story short He was not very helpful, and originally wanted to send me out a replacement a week later after he talked to the shipper. I was not happy and told him so. eventually we settled on one shipped first thing Mon.

A little while later my phone rings. It's Tony from Canada Slots, he has seen the pictures and is very appologetic. He asked me about the condition of the box (which by the way was not much bigger than the machine with just a little bit of bubble wrap) I told him, and gave him my opinioin of his packaging. I also told him of the way that most other vendors pack thier machines. (double box, extra padding between, protection on the glass, etc.) He said he will try and get me a new machine as quick as he can. I said ok.

About a half hour later my phone rings again, It's Tony. He has shipped me a new machine that very day (Friday), and he double boxed it etc.
    Now that is service. Same day replacement shipping.

COme home from work today to find a big box on my porch. It's my replacement DekaInca! This box is much bigger than the one that the smashed one came in, and it is in really good condition.

DSC00899.jpg

Cut open the top and find the dreaded bubble wrap, when are these guys gonna learn that styrofoam is much more impact resistant?

Attachment 2640

Pull out all the bubble wrap (there was about 30 ft. of it) and find a box very similar to what I received before.

Attachment 2641

Pulled out that box and at the bottom was a thin piece of foam (doubt it did any good).

Attachment 2642

Heard a little rattling coming from this box and it had what looked like an impact crease.

Attachment 2643

Cut that one open and it has even more wrap in it, definately more than the first one.

Attachment 2644
    Last edited by Lddrizzt; 07-11-2006 at 07:12 PM.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Canada Slots

amen could you post the pics so we can see them as it comes up with "you dont have the right access " whwn i click on th eattachments
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't have permission to view your pictures
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Had to split it since only 6 pics allowed at a time. Here ya go.

Start pulling out that bubble wrap (yep, more than before) and I find a few loose balls floating around, no biggie, not as if I haven't opened one of these machines before. But it looks pretty good so far.

Attachment 2645

I looked down in the box, the transformer was still in place, I looked down at the glass, I see a whitish line curving through it. Damn! It must be a crack! I pull it out of the box and prop it up against the chair to see the damage.

DSC00907.jpg

Doh! it's not a crack but the stupid little palstic advertisement that they stick between the glass. The glass is good, the machine looks good all over.

DSC00908.jpg

Opened her up and removed the errant balls, next is to get the legs on. (I heven't even cut them yet, got the wood but it needs cut) Still gotta go get the bolts too, I didn't think this thing would be here till tomorrow.

THis is my experience, overall I think it was good customer service, they need to work on thier packaging big time. I don't think I will get another machine from them unless they change the packaging to something proper.

Moral of the story: Buy the good stuff from Arby no matter what the deal.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Glad to see this one arrived in one piece!

Are they call-tagging the other machine?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

glad all is good now, they are very good to follow thru, even tho I know it cost them.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa

Are they call-tagging the other machine?
    There was a message on my answering machine, It was the shipping company.
    I need to call them back tomorrow and make arrangements.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt
    I find a few loose balls floating around, no biggie,

I looked down in the box, the transformer was still in place, I looked down at the glass, I see a whitish line curving through it. Damn! It must be a crack!

Doh! it's not a crack but the stupid little palstic advertisement that they stick between the glass.

THis is my experience, overall I think it was good customer service, they need to work on thier packaging big time. I don't think I will get another machine from them unless they change the packaging to something proper.

Moral of the story: Buy the good stuff from Arby no matter what the deal.
    Canada Slots is where I went too. Stephen is a junior, an engineer by training actually, but young and green (and a little difficult with the english). These guys are Chinese Canadians and mostly cater to the Hong Kong and some Japanese crowd across Canada. Pachinkos are new to them. THey have Yellow Cab (one or two left I think). And I saw a Popeye or two there too.

In any case I had them haul out all three Dekainca's, I had ordered one before they put them up on eBay after I picked up my New Sea Story. At the time they said they only had the one (on display) but that later when I discovered the posting (and got mad because of the adjusted price) they seemed honest in saying they found more in boxes they thought were New Sea Story's.

IN any case the one they brought out for me had some nice additional play stickers but it was cracked in the front. Next we looked at the floor demo. It was nice, but the plastic line you refer to was there (the Japanese characters that are over the losing hole at the bottom), the plastic sign was loose - not a [problem, and this machine looked great, but it was modified for cyclic mode and the young tech that was there didn't know how to modify it back to parlour ready (and at the time I really hadn't had a good look at the guts yet).

The third machine and final machine they brought out had a loose door (Stephen said that was the one they originally packed for me, but held it back because he discovered the loose front cell door. Well I took a look at it and showed the tech how to take off the lock catch ratchet (at the end of the lock - since it didn't have keys anyway) and after that it closed fine, works fine and although I have some minor suspicions about the unbalanced stereo (which I fixed with a 3 ohm resistor) and the fact that I haven't seen the "eye" light yet (but then I haven't won a bonus yet either), the machine seems fine, fairly clean and very nice looking.

The balls rattling around come from the fact that no one emptied the machines completely, particularly if they were demoed. Dekainka opens from the front and has a back cover so at first it's a bit harder to figure out. It took me a bit longer than usual to figure out where the ball release was (I still haven't figured it out on my New Sea Story). And it's cool, the payout balls actually get pumped on both sides by two ball motors, so I guess when this one pays out, it will pay out fast. I think , depending on the model of Decainka, it pays out around 2000 balls on a fever bonus. (Maybe tonight, I hope, I hope....)

They use 4amp transformers which seem to be ok, but get a little hot, I would replace them if my only supplier wasn't Hammond and costing more than the machine itself....

It's really a beautiful machine, great "mature" theme and sound (scares my little 6 year old a bit, but he's intrigued enough to want to play it). Play it loud for shock effect, but I put in external volume L-Pad (which works great on this machine except that I had to balance the stereo a bit better), so I can play it at night. I haven't had many wins yet, so I am tired of loading it up again and again, it is a stingy machine. I want to open up the 13 pocket nails so I can play a little longer between re-fills (until I get my ball lifter).

I really wonder why the secondary win pockets are so stingy, you would thing that the wins of 13 balls (which thrill me to bits) would be more often to keep you playing longer....

Although Stephen was inexperienced and Tony much more "in charge" I found them both helpful, polite, courteous and although somewhat niave (they were in awe that I actually had 4 pachislos and 3 + 1 pachinkos in my basement), very customer oriented. Tony accepted my bargain offer right away while Stephen (who got the email at the same time) tried to hold the line and bargain me up. In any case I am very happy with my two purchases from Canada Slot. I doubt they have a whole lot of experience shipping Stateside, they have stores in the major cities of Canada, and their website prices are unrealistic (as compared to what they will sell for if you go in or make an offer). They sell authentic balls cheap too. And are a good source for Pachislo overflow trays if you need any.

And, in case anyone's interested, I decided to pass, they have a Super Black Jack available for a very reasonable price too.

I'm glad they did right by you. I mentioned to Steven that I would mention Canada Slot on this forum based on my good experience. I perceived them to be very honest (as is David Hsieh of imatrioxcanada.com they are selling a lot of pachinkos in Canada right now too). Yeah more competition and supply in Canada! Your trouble with Steven was that he is a junior and fairly newly employed, however his heart is in the right place.

Based on my experience, although I haven't bought a pachinko from Arby (Greg), I would have to agree that he takes the cake in terms of customer service, caring about the product, preparing the product, follow up and follow through. That being said... I am waiting for a special package. I don't think what I bought qualifies for the "brownie" treatment however...
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to websherpa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone know Canada Slots contact info and/or website url? I would love to be able to get hold of a Decainka machine too!

Thanks for your assistance

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They might have another one yet, the first one I got (that got pretty beat up by the shipper) wasn't cyclic, and the second (the replacement) had the small crack on the front. SO in theory they should still have at least one left. If you do get one from them, make sure to mention that you want the new packaging method used (don't ask about the old method, it was pretty pathetic, and they are supposed to ship them the way they sent my second one. Which arrived in one piece.)

Here is the contact info that I have.
    Email: sales@canadaslot.com
    Phone: (905) 886-8601

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They are also listed in our links section.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wonder if they shipped the first one to you in the box it came in from Japan, it's really just a two thickness cardboard and they folded down the side flaps with cut outs so it holds the machine in place. Good enough for taking away in a car, but nowhere near enough , even with packing, for a ride across country in the back of a UPS van.
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep that is how it came. We had a looong phone conversation about packing before the second one shipped.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got my "New Sea Story" from them today and it was well packed.
    The Transformer was hanging out of the machine.
    and I found a few screws that I can't find a place for.
    They need to do a little better prep work to get into the A+++ vender group.
    The price was nice and everything works but it is a used dirty machine and looks it.
    Not my first choice to use again, but if the price is right...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My New Sea Story was pretty clean, but then they are old, well used machines.

I do have a beef with their transformers though. They are 4Amp transformers and work mighty hard (hot) during a fever. Really they should be 6amps. ON my Sakura (from another Canadian supplier) they put in a beautiful 8 amp transformer.

On one of my machines there are clearly 5 Amp fuses and marked 24v 5A on the power houseing (in fact Dekainca says 110v as well, so I think it's a dual voltage input, but I will have to ask for a translation to see if it can actually be converted back to 110v.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would like to announce to everyone that Canada Slots is offering a PachiTalk discount to all of it's members. Let them know when you purchase and send them a PM here so they know you really are a member..

The discount is $50 off any machine they offer of the $199 - $299 and $499. Pachislo or Pachinko. Those prices are Canadian.

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    I would like to announce to everyone that Canada Slots is offering a PachiTalk discount to all of it's members. Let them know when you purchase and send them a PM here so they know you really are a member..

The discount is $50 off any machine they offer of the $199 - $299 and $499. Pachislo or Pachinko. Those prices are Canadian.
    Shure....Now they give a discount.
    Storry of my life....A day late and $50 short!
    I wonder if my putting that I was a Pachitalk member in the feedback had anything to do with that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just buy another one from them to save 50.00
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    just buy another one from them to save 50.00
    Just buy them out with your Brothers Millions from that bank and I'll come over and play them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just went over to their website and took a peek at the packaging pics.
    These guys are on the ball. No more bubble wrap as the main packing. They are now using what looks to be custom foam in their boxes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast