Thread: bought a pachinko..havent got a clue!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default bought a pachinko..havent got a clue!

Hi, This is REAL basic stuff so I apologise. I have trawelled through the search function but I literally have no idea whats going on so most of it goes straight over my head.

I bought a popeye pachinko last week off a guy who is a member on here (in the UK) but I havent got much of an idea whats going on! He wasn`t too sure exactly how it worked either but I didn`t imagine it would be tricky at all so I never really questioned him that much!

I have attached two pictures with text as I thought that would be easier than big explanations.

As well as the two pics I am confused about how the hoppers work! The machine I have is in what looks like a home made cabinet and all the balls drop straight out the bottom. I`m guessing thats not supposed to happen because when I get a win theres nothing in it to pay out!
    I have three Pachislo but this is my first venture into Pachinko. All help appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: bought a pachinko..havent got a clue!

Hi Brd..

well, to answer your question
    1) the balls fall through because the ball catch is out of place somewhere
    here is a recent example on another machine..
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...51&postcount=6

you can look for something similar on yours..

as for the pics.

since you are unable to get balls to go into the secondary pockets it may be necessary to adjust the nails on your machine slightly to allow the balls access to these pockets..

some pockets are dummy pockets and do not produce payouts.

hope this helped..

if not dont worry someone with a popeye machine should chime in soon..

cheers

sid

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

brd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks. thats a start! I picked up on the bent nails thing from a search and I think I sorted that bit now

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have the sister machines to popy same case difrent game if you are stuck with the ball dump still (ie balls fall straight through the bottom) then give me a shout and ill de box the machine and take some pictures to post
    if you got any other probs give me a shout as i have had to almost compleatly strip one of these to sort a problem for another member so im pritty good on this machine
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Regarding the two pockets where you say they do nothing, you're half right The one with the O doesn't do anything. The one with Go, actually banks your flipper openings to a maximum of four. You should see the little orange indicator lights light up as you go through this pocket. The lights are just above the upper right side IN pockets.

The two IN pockets on the right sometimes get balls that shoot over the middle pockets. It's a rare happening, but it does happen. I don't recall exactly what you get for going through them. Naturally, you can open the front door and drop some balls through the pocket to see what it does.

Popeye is a really fun game. The video will change from morning to mid-day to evening and then night....if I remembered everything correctly. The morning time is when only red numbers will appear and the interactive PUSH button comes into play more often. Along with a different sound and outer red lights coming on.
    Have fun with your new friend, I'm sure you'll be hooked real soon

Almost forgot, let me know if you still are having the balls fall through, I can either get some pics or take a look and give a good description on where you need to make the adjustment.
    Pachinkos: FEVER FLOWER MONTH, ROBOCOP, FEVER POWER WONDERFUL, POPEYE
    Pachislo: Speed Racer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok they covered the ball dump problem.
    In your first pic, if the nails are wide enough to allow a ball through, then once in a while a ball will drop in that pocket, trust me the balls will take a hell of a bounce quite often.
    As to your second pic, the drop on the left with the word go on it banks flipper openings for the pocket between them. The one on the right is a blank drop so the machine looks uniform on both sides.

Doh! 2unes you beat me by a smiggin!

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok i found a pick curtasy of arbycoffe and aded a pointer to the ball dump for you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do