Thread: How do you opens the doors when several machines are lined up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How do you opens the doors when several machines are lined up.

I currently have 2 out of the 3 Pachislos I have ordered (one of which is faulty and going back), but I was surprised to find that when they are lined up, you can't open the doors.

I have one in a corner with the left side against a wall and then another directly next to it.

I was not only disappointed to find that I couldn't open the door on the end one (because the bottom hits the wall), but the same is true for the other machine.

I found that by pulling it forwards approx 5 inches, I could open the door.. But then its a bit picarious, especially when full of tokens.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so, what have you done about it (if anything)?

Jon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How do you opens the doors when several machines are lined up.

What do you have them on? Some people bolt the machine down to the table or bench they have them on.
    and a few others.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you have to keep a few inches of space in between them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunatly, my 'cabinet' is exactly 3xPachislos wide. So they are all touching.

If I bolt them down, then i don't stand a chance of EVER opening the doors.

I actually have the sat on a scrap of Carpet 'Underlay' which does the job and protects the top of the cabinet, and it actually allows the units to slip forwards when I need to get the doors open.. But its a bit of a pain that you can't open the doors without moving all of the Pachislos first.

In contrast, UK fruit machines have an amazing front opening system.. its on hydraulics dampers and the WHOLE front (Approx 4 foot of plastic, glass and lights) smoothly lifts up and hinges at the top.

Thanks for the feedback.. i can't imagine that I will need to get the doors open that often, so i think I will manage.

Cheers

Jon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

a solution would be to mount a longer top on the cabinet. I've done that on a few of my stands.

a 1/4 inch bolt with washers, thru the bottom would be enough to stabilize your machines.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

look at my gameroon pic at the top. all my machines set at an angle on the counters. this provides clearance for each door to open as well as a nice look when entering the room.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: How do you opens the doors when several machines are lined up.

I have eight machines lined up and the doors will open if you pull it forward 3 to 5 inches. My shelf/counter is about 8 inches wider than the machine is deep, so there is room to slide them forward when necessary. Some times it is easy to just rotate the hinge side out for clearance. I also bought a small hydraulic scissor lift from Harbor Freight that can be raised to the counter height and I slide the machines off for service or when I rearrange the machines for a new look. It rolls real easy on rubber wheels. It is better than trying to lift these things. A wise investment on sale for $ 129.00. Frank A, Jackson, NJ
    Frank A
    Lower Delaware

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    a 1/4 inch bolt with washers, thru the bottom would be enough to stabilize your machines.
    Most definately so!!!!!!! jweaver. Thats how my sig line came to be....

I was playing my Street Cats pachislo, when I decided that I couldn't take the dirtiness anylonger and needed to drill a couple holes in the bottom so I could mount it to the stand I have for it. So I unplug the machine start to pick it up, hmmm thats pretty damn heavy. So I open up the machine to take the hopper out which had about 1,000+ tokens. I pushed the release button on the frame to pull the hopper out, Just as I got the hopper about 1in out It happened. In a blink of an eye I feel this horrible pain and am seeing stars. I blink a couple times and all I see is red out of my left eye. Meanwhile the lil one is screaming the wife is comming down the hall wandering why she has been awaken from her sleep. I feel pressure ontop of me and forsome reason I am on the floor with a pachi on top of me and tokens and blood on the floor. Of course the wife freaks out making Zoey, (aka:lil one) even more upset. we pack up in the car and go to the hospital. I now have an almost swollen shut eye with 6 stitches in my eye brow area.

Lesson to be learned, Secure your pachi before you even play it, not only is it dangerous, but you could end up like me, get knocked senseless (might have even been knocked out, dunno) , stitches, a dramatized lil one, and wife, and with one hell of a head ache stand there in the living room after getting back from the hospital trying to figure out how you are going to get blood out of a extreamely light brown colored carpet. (actually guess you could say its white with a touch of brown in it.)

Will let you know later if pachi is ok. still in one piece but dunno if any circuits got damaged or not.... I'm am gonna clean up the blood the best I can (wife has a weak stomach) and by then hopefully it will have been 4hrs. since this happened that Way I can go to bed.......
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->