Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Big Bear is now GAK Trading, Inc.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Big Bear is now GAK Trading, Inc.

One more pachi dealer bites the dust! To think he did it himself by showing his true colors!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its pretty sad when you have to stoop that low just to try and make a buck. In my opinion Ted is just admitting how much his company SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to scooby_doo_m2002

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's really too bad, I have bought a few machines from Ted, since he is only 20 min. from my house. Great deals, machines and he was a nice guy.....I really don't agree with the way Ted handled this situation with Gaku....It's really sad to hear S**T like this.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gaku,

Since you own www.bigbearpachisloshop.com I would have it "redirect" to your new site. The link you have works fine, but a redirect would be nice and smooth.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

His old address directs you to his new one, all you have to do is click on it.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We stand behind 100% Gaku.
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gaku's still one of the favorite vendors around here and it has nothing to do with the company name. I like the new site, although where are all the pachi play guides? And will there be more single machines available for purchase or is it mainly going to be package deals?

That cease and desist letter is standard legal scare tactic...our company got one a few years ago and we decided to change our name as well. The names were much closer, but we weren't even in the same industry as the other company (they have since dissolved). But the letter is almost identical to this one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also like the newer trade name better. But, the cease and desist letter was a completely unnecessary shot across the bow. I don't get why his first communication wouldn't have been in the form of a kind request. Even still, that takes a lot of nerve where the Internet and a simple URL is concerned.

In some cases an arguement like this might hold water but in this case, no chance. It's like telling somebody to stop using the name "Jim's Gas Station" because I've called mine "Gas Station" for 5 years. You can't trademark or register a generic name. Sure, he's got the URL pashisloshop.com but that's entirely different than a trademark and he'd never be able to get it granted. And so, for fun I did an online trademark search (US Patent and TM Office) and sure enough he 'aint got nothin!

If it were me, I probably wouldn't have moved just out of spite but otherwise, I'd leave a permanent forward from my old URL just for kicks. Why should Gaku's business be potentially harmed in any way? Even if it's a minimal inconvenience.

Best of luck!

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

to me its almost an admitance that your going down the pan when you have to start trying to take cheap shots at the people who could and knowing gakus reputation would probebly have tryed to help him

just my 2 cents
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dear Gaku,

Just visited your new website, and I am really impressed.
    Very clean, easy to navigate....my compliments.
    Also I am absolutely sure that the change of name does not harm you, or your sales.
    I think I make it shortly without one sentence
    See all the comments of the members, and your clients.
    Respect,

All the best, and wish you and your staff great business,..

Eric Knippers
    Sales-Manager Euroslots Europe
    EKA Mediagroup Europe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gaku,
    You are a man of honor and have proven this by your actions. You are now known by both Big Bear, and Gak Trading. I would not let the Big Bear link die, it is yours and you should keep it. The redirect is a good thing, and should be there for all time while you are in business.
    If Kimura wants to shoot himself in the foot over petty jealousy of your success, then you are doing something right. You sir are a premier vendor with outstanding customer service and product.

By him trying to use strong arm tactics just proves he is the lesser man and is scared of the competition. He should have improved his business to the level of a premier vendor instead of alienating the biggest buying force in the world.
    Keep up the good work, and I personally welcome Gak Trading as our newest name in top of the line service and products.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fronzdan
    Gaku's still one of the favorite vendors around here and it has nothing to do with the company name. I like the new site, although where are all the pachi play guides? And will there be more single machines available for purchase or is it mainly going to be package deals?

That cease and desist letter is standard legal scare tactic...our company got one a few years ago and we decided to change our name as well. The names were much closer, but we weren't even in the same industry as the other company (they have since dissolved). But the letter is almost identical to this one.
    I was wondering about the play guides also. I hope you put them back up and continue to wright such excellent guides for the newer games comming out. Your guides have probably increased the enjoyment of playing 10 fold. Its real nice to know whats going on and what certain signs mean. BTW GAK Trading, Inc. is much better in my opinion. I always pictured Big Bear as a Native American shop selling tomahawks and head dresses.
    Chris
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I normally just take advantage of the information available on this site and don't take part in the discussions, but before you condemn Ted Kimura for his actions think about it from his point of view. It looks as though Ted Kimura is just trying to protect his business interests as anyone in a competitive business would and should. To you guys these are fun games to Gaku and Ted
    it's a large investment and a living. If you look at their sites it looks as though
    neither one is making much profit per game so every sale and hit on their website counts.
    The real cheap shot might be Gaku posting Teds letter on this website knowing how you guys would react...and I would guess that he did know.
    I know nothing about the law, but if Gaku thought that Ted didn't have a leg to stand on or he didn't want to change his name or direction anyway he would have balked. Maybe he wants to broaden his product line and thinks the word pachislo in his business name pigeon holes him and it was a good opportunity to change his name and take a shot at the competition at the same time. He might be a nice guy but he is still a business man trying to make a buck.
    Just some thoughts. Think about it before you try to run somebody out of town. The more competition the lower the prices.

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to tjm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tomahawks & Headresses!!!!! Give me a break

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tjm
    I normally just take advantage of the information available on this site and don't take part in the discussions, but before you condemn Ted Kimura for his actions think about it from his point of view. It looks as though Ted Kimura is just trying to protect his business interests as anyone in a competitive business would and should. To you guys these are fun games to Gaku and Ted
    it's a large investment and a living. If you look at their sites it looks as though
    neither one is making much profit per game so every sale and hit on their website counts.
    The real cheap shot might be Gaku posting Teds letter on this website knowing how you guys would react...and I would guess that he did know.
    I know nothing about the law, but if Gaku thought that Ted didn't have a leg to stand on or he didn't want to change his name or direction anyway he would have balked. Maybe he wants to broaden his product line and thinks the word pachislo in his business name pigeon holes him and it was a good opportunity to change his name and take a shot at the competition at the same time. He might be a nice guy but he is still a business man trying to make a buck.
    Just some thoughts. Think about it before you try to run somebody out of town. The more competition the lower the prices.

Thanks for jumping in and sharing your opinion!

Now I don't agree with it but thank you for it.

If Kimura didn't want a letter like that posted, he never should have sent it. It's threatening, despicable and petty to say the least. If you don't want your name associated with that type of letter, don't send it in the first place.

Also, Kimura is more than welcome to come on this site and share his feelings about it.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Once again just my opinion, but that's a letter between two business men
    and should not have been posted for effect. Just guessing, but I would bet that there was more to the exchange than one letter and yes I know that
    Ted Kimura can reply on this site as well. I doubt than many who have replied to the original post would be opened minded enough to see his side of it
    whatever his reply. It's sometimes hard to see once your mind is made up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think you can use the name of a product in your site address and expect no one else who is selling the same product to also use the name of that product. If you want to use a product name, fine, just try to make yours clever enough for people to remember it. Seems to me, if I wanted to buy a pachislo, pachisloshop.com is a lot easier to remember than Bigbearpachisloshop.com. I just don't see how Ted (and I don't know him) could have been hurt by this and thus the appearance of sour grapes.
    Dawn

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tjm

ME THINKS THO DOEST PROTEST TO MUCH NEWBIE !!!! your way off base with this comment . Do some reading of posts here and you'll find Gaku is a highly respected member of this community and defiantly above doing such a underhanded no class move as Ted . I can think of at least a dozen sites that have r-us.com in there URL and Toys-r-us doesn't have a prayer of going after them . His case is pointless and he's cut his throat with this community . I for one am glad to see the posting it shows the lack of integrity of a greedy sales person who probably rats out sellers on e-bay continually for not including a sentence in a disclaimer so he can sell his machines .if he sends letters like this to competitors i can imagine the letter I'd get if i tried to use his warranty. This is the last person i would consider buying a machine from ........Say goodbye to Ted for me when you "see him" ......
    Jeff

24. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with that Jeff...a little excessive with that counter point there, tjm.

No one suggested that all Pachitalk members shalt not ever buy from Mr. Kimura again. There is no campaign to run the guy out of business or out of town. All that was posted here was mainly support for Gaku, some negativity towards the cease and desist order and what motivated it, and a few PERSONAL statements by a couple members that they would not consider buying from Kimura again because of it.

From a business standpoint there are several vendors out there that are highly recommended around here for support, service and/or prices. But of all of them, Gaku and Milt have really contributed to the board and the hobby in general with their library of play guides and videos....all of which they've made accessible for free to everyone from the museum (and directly from their sites), including for other vendors to "use". Because of that and because they do post here from time to time, not just on a business level, it's only natural that people would "take sides" with someone that is considered "one of our own". As for Gaku posting a copy of the cease and desist order, I think that's just another example of that relationship....one Pachitalk member telling other Pachitalk members what happened. What would he gain by it? He's already got approval and loyalty from most everyone here. After all, Gaku didn't post the letter on his new website. I don't even think he mentioned the name change on there. Gaku certainly never directed anyone to stay away from Kimura.

So with that, you present an interesting counter point, but I think it's a bit "off".

26. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to fronzdan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We all use Pachitalk to vent our feelings good or bad, we're a unique family of many different people.

Gaku has every right to post that info, as does Ted to post a rebuttal. it's good to get things off your chest.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

28. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast