Thread: IGT Door Adjustment

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default IGT Door Adjustment

Most IGT Machine's have a problem with the door hinges. They get worn and loose and are hard to adjust after a while. You find yourself having to lift up on the door everytime you need to open it.

What I did to solve the lifting the door syndrome on the IGT's is: I got the door adjusted as best I could with the hinge adjusting screws. I was able to get it close, but not where it had to be.

On the door you have a metal tang with a plastic cover over it. (pic #1). This slides in the hole in the metal frame attached to the case.(pic #2) Try to get this plastic cover aligned so that when you adjust the door it is in the center of the hole, for left to right, and as high as you can go for hieght

Once the plasic cover is set at center of hole, bend the metal tab on the case frame up a tad. This is where the plastic cover rides. Bending the tab up will allow the door to set higher in the frame eliminating the need to lift up when opening.

Closing the door, the plastic cover will just slide up on the metal tab. This worked for me on all my IGT's.

Give it a try.
    RJ

PIC # 1

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/8...8medium7ik.jpg

PIC #2

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4...4medium0ww.jpg
    Last edited by rjb0388; 06-05-2006 at 09:37 PM.
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: IGT Door Adjustment

A number of my machines have those great adjustible hinges.

Unfortunatly, I haven't the foggiest idea how to adjust them. Any advice?
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Most machines have these adjustable hinges, they basically adjust the same things but they vary in design. The ones in the picure are off a Yamasa machine. You have a top hinge for top of door adjustments, and a bottom hinge, for bottom of door adjustments. Both hinges are identical.

The hinges have two adjusting screws. One adjusts the door left to right and the other adjusts the door in and out. There is no door up and down adjustment persay.

Looking at the picture adjustment screw #2 is the door in and out adjustment. Just loosen the screw and you will be able to slide the door in or out of the case. This is used for door to case clearance. This screw will need to be retighted when done to lock the adjustment. Also in the picture you can see the top hinge is adjusted all the way in and the bottom is adjusted all the way out.

Adjustment screw #1 is for door left to right, From looking at the machine straight on, If you turn this screw clockwise the door will move to the right, if you turn this screw counterclockwise, the door will move to the left. This adjustment is for centering your door latches.

The only way to gain a little height adjustment would be to adjust the top hinge to the left and the bottom to the right, This will cause the top right corner of the door to raise slightly. Just becareful not to throw your door out of alignment. Like I said earlier in this thread, you can get it close, but not good enough. When the hinges are worn thats pretty much it on the height. You will then need to bend the tang slightly to achieve proper door height.

The Yamasa hinges also have a quick release button on them. Becareful around these. If you press the black button in, the door will release from the hinge. Leaving you holding up the door.

Good Luck ,

RJ

http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/3...3medium0kq.jpg
    Last edited by rjb0388; 06-06-2006 at 06:06 PM.
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

5. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I could thank you many more times, I would!

Many, many thanks, RJ!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice job great presentation!
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The door on my Super blackjack closes fine but the top is loose. So, some times when you spin the reels the top of the door rattles a little.

Any idea how to adjust for that?

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool! Thanks RJB!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by chaz70
    The door on my Super blackjack closes fine but the top is loose. So, some times when you spin the reels the top of the door rattles a little.

Any idea how to adjust for that?
    Unfortunately, The SBJ doesn't have adjustable hinges. Your door must have been tweaked at some point. If I had the same condition as you, and the rattle is annoying. I would add a thin piece of weatherstripping, the foam type with a stick on side to the area of the door that is loose to fill the space and cushion the door.

Good Luck,
    RJ

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rjb0388