Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: real slot handles

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default real slot handles

if you want to add a slot handle and i mean a real "slot handle" not that lousy excuse for a handle kit on ebay try this guy .Its the same handle i used in my conversion . he's got gold and chrome handles cheaper than i paid for mine and the shippings cheap also

http://cgi.ebay.com/IGT-ST-COMPLETE-...ihZ010QQcatego
    ryZ13731QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

heres the pic of mine when finished installing it . and it was an easy install.
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../hanabiarm.jpg
    Jeff

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: real slot handles

picked up 2 last nite and he can fit two in box for same shipping price. will go on my old crappy machines only.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome...Mine is on the way...Thanks

(It's going to replace that crappy one I bought that has a plastic hub and squeaky spring.)
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Jeff,
    Always wanted to try one of these pull handles, but with kids in the house I am concerned about the machine tipping on them when they pull the handle. I really do not want to bolt down machines either. Is there a chance this could happen??

How is the action, does it pull hard or smooth?? Any spring adjustments ect.

Thanks,
    RJ
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

because of the size of the backing plate and the location at the bottom of the machine it doesn't make any more of a danger than the machine does now . my eight year old puts all he has when he pulls it (and thats alot ) doesn't effect the machine at all . as for the action its fairly smooth considering your pulling a ratchet assembly (which makes it feel really good coupled with the ratchet noise ). there really isn't any spring adjustment on the mech. it adds a new dimension to the machine that a lot of adults will really like as do the kids David usually likes the handle as apposed to the knob .

Quote Originally Posted by birdbrain
    picked up 2 last nite and he can fit two in box for same shipping price. will go on my old crappy machines only.

i think your gonna like it when you put it on , youll probably put it on all but the spinluck ....
    Last edited by alstonj1; 06-04-2006 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jeff

8. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks bird brain i just picked up 2 more handles for the price i bought the first one for and he waived the shipping on the second one as you said .Will probably use one for my self and the other sell on a machine or sell it to a co worker that wanted one .... either way ca-ching..........considering they want $69 for one of those lousy kits on ebay these are a steal and 10 times better to boot .....
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rjb0388
    Jeff,
    Always wanted to try one of these pull handles, but with kids in the house I am concerned about the machine tipping on them when they pull the handle. I really do not want to bolt down machines either. Is there a chance this could happen??

How is the action, does it pull hard or smooth?? Any spring adjustments ect.

Thanks,
    RJ

RJ ,
    I got my two handles today and inspected them when i got them .they are an excellent handle assy. to say the least . But they have a feature mine didn't have and you might want to consider removing , The assy. has a lockout solenoid that locks the handle to stop it from operating (turning) when not activated . this could cause a problem if your young child pulls it and it doesn't move and they try to FORCE the handle which all little kids will do!!!! this action might cause the machine to tip since the handle is at an up right position at the time . removing the solenoid is as easy as removal of a couple bolts and it comes right off allowing the arm to turn and since you cant spin the reels till you hit max bet any way it is really not needed . most little kids are really after the ratchet and pop sound any way and applying force at the downward angle does nothing to the machine .but in the upward position could allow for it to become top heavy and fall so removal of the solenoid assy would alleviate this condition . have fun ! Jeff
    Jeff

11. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have not received mine yet, but that will definitely be removed if the one I bought has it. I chose the IGT S Plus chrome handle. Is this the same model you got that has the lock out??

I also noticed after I purchased, the seller has raised the price a couple bucks on the same relisted item. Still a great deal. He has sold quite a few of these lately, Hmmm, I wonder why

Thanks Jeff for the heads up,

RJ
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I tried to find this seller, but he seems to have vanished. Does he have any current auctions ? Frank A, Jackson, NJ

I found him and just ordered a brass unit. With the auto stop with credit feature, this may be kind of fun. Frank A
    Last edited by Frank A; 06-07-2006 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Frank A
    Lower Delaware

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Click Here

Oh good, you found him :oops:

RJ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rjb0388
    Have not received mine yet, but that will definitely be removed if the one I bought has it. I chose the IGT S Plus chrome handle. Is this the same model you got that has the lock out??

I also noticed after I purchased, the seller has raised the price a couple bucks on the same relisted item. Still a great deal. He has sold quite a few of these lately, Hmmm, I wonder why

Thanks Jeff for the heads up,

RJ

yes i got two of the chrome models my self and yes its the one with the solenoid .
    I'm sure hes sold quite a few of them the last few days thanks to us ......

Quote Originally Posted by Frank A
    I tried to find this seller, but he seems to have vanished. Does he have any current auctions ? Frank A, Jackson, NJ

I found him and just ordered a brass unit. With the auto stop with credit feature, this may be kind of fun. Frank A

i think its really neat myself . and i think you'll find alot more people will gravitate to the machine with the arm . people tend to be a bit anal when it comes to this type of stuff they want their handle......

hey frank how far are you from great adventure ? your only about 25 min from me , you ever goto the englishtown flea market up there i spend quite a few weekends shopping up there ?
    Last edited by alstonj1; 06-07-2006 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hey Jeff, The vendor in englishtown is who I purchased my different Sinbad Adventure from. Very nice guy. I purchased the machine from his other shop though, down Rt18 at the Rt18 Flea Market.

I've been down to Frank A's place once. It is about 45 min drive for me. Frank has some setup! Plus, he is a really nice guy. My son still asks me from time to time if we can go visit Frank again. He loved his pinball machines.

(Ask Mark if you don't believe me.)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i like going to englishtown and playing his machines but his prices are way to high for me . i just try them and figure what i want then go shopping for it .wheres the rt 18 flea market ive never been there ? is it as big as englishtown?
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, his prices are very high. Just like you, I like to go see different machines and see if there is any I like. Thats how I've played many models, but don't own them. If he ever had a resonable sale I would buy from him.

I really liked playing King of King Pulsar in his shop, I just can't have all these machines, my wife would kill me.

The Rt18 market is all indoor. From Englishtown, just hop on Rt18 towards New Brunswick. Its not far at all and is closer to me. His shop there is smaller than englishtown, but he does have a good number of machines.

19. The following user says "Thanks" to chaz70

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've bought tokens from him his price wasn't that bad at the time when you consider theres no shipping involved . will have to check out this rt 18 place next time I'm up there what days is it open ?
    Jeff

21. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just purchased one of thoses handles too. My wife is one of thses "anal" people who need to pull handles instead of using the button.

Thanks for the advice and info Jeff!
    Shine on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just curious as to how easy these handles are to install and what is the process to install them.
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    I've bought tokens from him his price wasn't that bad at the time when you consider theres no shipping involved . will have to check out this rt 18 place next time I'm up there what days is it open ?
    Same here. I've purchased MANY tokens from him.
    Here the the markets webpage.

http://www.route18market.com/index.php

If you go to the photos section, you will see the outside of his shop.
    Last edited by chaz70; 06-08-2006 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by chaz70
    Yes, his prices are very high. Just like you, I like to go see different machines and see if there is any I like. Thats how I've played many models, but don't own them. If he ever had a resonable sale I would buy from him.

I really liked playing King of King Pulsar in his shop, I just can't have all these machines, my wife would kill me.

The Rt18 market is all indoor. From Englishtown, just hop on Rt18 towards New Brunswick. Its not far at all and is closer to me. His shop there is smaller than englishtown, but he does have a good number of machines.
    Whats the name and address of this vendor in Englishtown I would like to check out his store.
    Led Zepplin

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by H20Dreams
    Just curious as to how easy these handles are to install and what is the process to install them.

there not hard to install . takes about an hour to do . hardest parts finding out which wires you need to connect to but if you ask auto slot im sure he knows which wires on the knob of your machine to tap .

the handle assy. comes apart so you remove the handle from the base and place the base in the machine and mark the three mounting holes then take it out and drill the three holes. then on the out side you put the outside plate on useing the mounting holes and you mark the large hole for the handle shaft , then you remove that plate and drill a series of holes around that large hole till your completely around it then knock out the hole . then smooth the edges and mount both the inside and outside peices together on the machine and tighten it down . now your done except you have to snake 2 wires over to the door via the door harness and connect to the control knob and the micro on the handle . that should do it .
    almost forgot to add you'll probably want to remove the solenoid on the new handle that locks the handle till activated . to hook it up would require more modification and since the reels wont spin till the max bet is pushed it really isn't necessary . but if you insist on its use I'm sure we can come up with a way to enable it ,send me a message if this is what you want to do and ill start on working on the mod.the solenoid is only bolted on really easy to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    Whats the name and address of this vendor in Englishtown I would like to check out his store.
    Englishtown Flea Market. 90 Wilson Avenue. New Jersey Turnpike, Exit 9. Hours Saturday 7am-5pm, Sunday 9am-5pm. Ample parking. Approximately 400 dealers. Wide range of merchandise at this market. Booths are well stocked by many quality conscious dealers. Plenty of good food. Well attended market. A good market for commercial vendors. The Englishtown Flea Market has been in business since 1929. Very popular local attraction. Indoor and outdoor space avail from $5 per day. Snack bar, restrooms, h/a. c/p English Auction Sales, 90 Wilson Ave. 07726. (732) 446-9644. Fax (732) 446-1220.

he's in one of the bulding spaces inside as we said great place to try new machines (window shop ) but prices are outragous ....cheapest machines like $250.00 hes probably good for parts tho he buys containers full so i imagine he has parts machines.
    Last edited by alstonj1; 06-08-2006 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Jeff

28. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast