View Poll Results: Will you buy a PS3 at $499 or $599??

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 18.03%
  • No, too expensive.

50 81.97%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ps3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ps3

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    i love my Dreamcast

it's around here somewhere?????
    Me too. I have two of them (one Japanese, one US) plus a ton of games for each of them.

Let's be fair and say that the Dreamcast was released under very different market conditions and in an irreversible situation that Sega partially brought upon themselves (namely putting themselves in a position in which even their most loyal fans might have troubles instilling faith). It was and still is a great machine and there is plenty of homebrew and emu stuff around to justify having it, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by johntofva
    As strange as it sounds, "I don't want to play games on my PC." I much prefer a console.
    You can always get a GP2X and TV adapter and enjoy retrogaming goodness at your TV or on the go.

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotabrad
    So rupan will you be getting the new DS lite?
    I'm fine with my old silver battletank. Maybe later if it starts having problems, otherwise there's no real reason for me to get one just yet.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had an Atari 5200 over twenty years ago, a great system, except for the controlers. The graphics were much better than the original Atari, but it never caught on.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm waiting for the Wii more than the PS3 and for $250 I'll be saving a ton of money

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im going to sit back and wait and then after a year of them being released ill buy one and get it a lot cheaper then what it was when it came out
    How did i find this site in the first place, why am i still here. Must resist temptation.

Curenttly owned machines ~
    Thunderbirds Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well yes I will have to get one, for the whole family!

My old PS2 just might be on its last legs!!!

Still I've got my old Dreamcast, N64, and even an old Commodore with Disc Drive to fall back on!

Pity I got rid of the Atari 2600 !!!!

Retro? - who me?

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There's nothing Wrong with retro..

some of the best games ever made where in black and white and everyone knew how to playem.. and they didnt consist of stealing someones car and beating them with a crowbar...

bleep bleep

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did anyone here ever have a Colecovision? I spent MANY hours playing with that......and now, I don't even touch my son's video games.
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

DONKEY KONG and the Smurfs

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had an Intellivision. A buddy of mine and I used to play football against each other for hours on end.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Ps3

I still have an intellevision lots of games too
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, I forgot about the Intellivision. My brother had that. Whew, long time ago
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I'll probably have to get a PS3 (for the FAMILY!)

will need to replace the old battered PS2 otherwise I'd have to drag out my old.....

Dreamcast
    N64
    Gamecube

or even the Old, Old, Old Commodore with Disc Drive!

Retro ? Who Me ?
    Angie ...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Funny how I'm willing to spend $10k on Pachislos but cant dish out $1000 on a PS3 with some goodies and I'm a huge video game fan.
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    ....otherwise I'd have to drag out my old.....Dreamcast....................Retro ? Who Me ?
    Oh I ran across this thread and just had to pull out the ol dreamcast. What a trip back in time!
    I understand that most of the games are now freely available ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well since this Thread, I have to hang my head in shame and say that I have in fact now found an XBox 360 has taken up residence in my home..........

But I still have the Dreamcast!! (and the other Oldies but Goodies!!)

Chu Chu Rocket and Shenmue

Angie ...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I might have been hiding but I have been hiding with a load of consoles If I cannot play Pachinko Ive got to do something hehe

Dreamcast is a great machine, their is oodles of shootemups on that (last hope just come out in Japan) and it has become the shootemps import of choice at the moment.

I had to cave in back in October and sell my final pinball machine (medieval madness) as Id got too ill to use em. Ended up buying Sony X 46" telly and yep PS3 from Japan both in November. PS3 is a great machine for blueray 1080p films but as a games machines its been abit meh. Resistence Fall of Man looked average in my home town of York and was more akin to COD2 for graphics, once it hit Manchester it became beautiful. Yea its not 360 Gears Of War quality (I got one of those whilst I have been away as well :lol8: ) but it was a good start. Pic here of it what I took....

Ridge Racer Im a big fan of and that looks nice on 1080p res. Its not a must have though for a killer app same with Motorstorm (I think theirs going to be a lot of people disapointed when that comes out in next month in USA/UK). F1 is good, much better than the reviews give credit.

I bought mine for blueray player though as I watch a lot of films in bed (got a 360 hddvd but its not as good as the PS3 for output) and one game what I got yesterday Virtua Fighter 5 :lol8:

Im a massive VF nut (reason I bought a DC years ago for 3tb) and forked out for a Hori Pro 3 stick and the game. I havent loaded it yet as been too busy but for me its like owning an arcade machine, one of those games I knew I had to get a PS3 for (and even though Im a brit Ive already got my preorder in for MLB2k7). I would sum it up really if you have a descent hd telly and are getting into the HD films then yea get one, if not and you are a serious gamer only the games are going to start hitting this October so you might consider one then. If your a MLB or VF5 though just stop reading and go get one (I cant run MLB on 360 as it will be region protected). I have to admit for games it didnt get used from Dec 24th after I finished Resistence (day I opened Gears Of War) until 2 weeks ago as Ive been hooked on 360 and the Wii. Then finally cracked open Ridge Racer and F1 in last week. and Motorstorm 2 weeks ago (actually sold that for The Departed on blueray as I wasnt impressed with it found it boring).

Oh and pic of BR on PS3, bit of Brucey whiskers in Tears of The Sun at 1080p

As for PS3 regarding other machines, well its tough to call. If I was going to buy a games machine and no films Id go 360 first, then Wii (yea have one as well :lol8: ) then PS3 right this minute. 360 just has a great online system for meeting people (Im both Dazzyman on gamertags on 360 and PS3 if anyone wants to add me by the way) and the Wii has some nice games out. PS3 is all coming but a lot of stuff is next year now like Final Fantasy and MGS and a lot is becoming cross platformed what you would never dream of (VF5 for one).

Anyway enough of the comparing, as the oldies on here know I am a gaming nutter and it would be easier for me to list what I dont own (I even have a neogeo aes kicking about). I love my classics though, especially the old shooters like Battle Garregga and Radient Silvergun on the saturn. I started out back in I think 1976 seeing a demo on my dads workstation of star trek when I was 3 and then my uncles atari about 77 (warlords was my fav). Carts where too expensive though and of course parents want you to learn so I got a speccy as my first toy back in 82 and did nowt but play games on it (of course had some game and watches snoopy tennis, dk dual screen etc...) then got a c64 when I traded it and an Amiga about 89. Didnt go near consoles until Snes came out (wii has mario world by the way!) and then my love for Street fighter 2 arrived. Been on em ever since and a massive life saver when in bed all the time.

My dad gets tetchy though each month when Ive decided that the stuff he put up their last month I need back again (too many consoles not enough room :lol8: ).
    Last edited by Tulsa; 02-17-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Pachinkos = BATMAN - ROBOCOP - PINK PANTHER - THUNDERBIRDS 2

17. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Dazzyman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow - Thanks for the great reviews & those pictures look awesome !!!
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Erm gone abit mad and just uploaded 144 Virtua Fighter 5 pictures for PS3. Will be uploading all console pics their from now on what I do (same with BR films etc...) as setup an FlickR account last night. Excuse the watermarks as I had to start doing them as a few got nicked for game publications on Tekken DR on PS3 :lol8:

Im going to shove some for Exite Truck up as well later. It has actually kept me off my PS3 since playing it Sunday night for first time (only came out in UK on Friday). Amazing game, graphics dont look great from the screen grabs but it looks fine in motion, you actually end up with less expectations with Wii stuff as the controlller really immerses you into it.

My stuff willl be here from now on so enjoy
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dazzyman/sets/

Pachinkos = BATMAN - ROBOCOP - PINK PANTHER - THUNDERBIRDS 2

20. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Dazzyman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've had my xb360 for awhile and love it, just got a Wii for valantines day, Love it.................360=399.99 Wii=249.99 Total=649.99 PS3=599.99 I say get two for the price of one. For games Xbox and PS3 identical with slight edge to 360 for a great online community and games. Wii is just plain fun!!!! Cant explain it, it just is. Welcome back Nintendo!

I've been a Manager with Toys R Us and Gamestop......All the people there will tell you Sony PS3 is not moving that well. Wii, Flys of the shelves.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Blu-ray player $1000+ - PS3 $599, save $400 and it plays games in 1080P too!

You can have your x-box and your Wii, I want the versatility. I'm certainly more into movies than I am a gaming box and lets face it, those are not the joystick controls I grew up on and for some reason still prefer.

Yes I know you can get an xbox upgrade to show 1080P hd-dvds but then you've paid as much as the PS3 and the games for the xbox are not being written to take advantage of the 1080P displays.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3