Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dr. Who Pachinko or Pachislo?

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Dr. Who Pachinko or Pachislo?

The Doctor "Tom Baker 7' tall by the way " Lovved "Jelly Babies"

By the By ,

vpinsmame has tons of pinball machines that hardworking (read insanly detail orientated) people around the world have recreated the "DR. Who " pinball for your computer .

P.S.They also have the "Twilight Zone " pinball with all the sounds and light effects.
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 10-25-2006 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I picked up 4 X exclusive Cyberman Controller Action Figures today from Toys R Us, Portsmouth UK....result! We now have the full set of Dr Who figures. If our non UK cousins dont know what these look like, take a look at www.character-online.co.uk I have bought these for my daughter Emily aged 7 as my dad did the same for me with collectibles, whos no longer with us. Shes got a whole set out of the packs to play with and a whole set put away for when shes older and needs the cash. She will need the cash either to A) go to university because the UK govt has screwed everybody out of every penny, which is pretty much the norm now anyway. or B) She wants to feed her Pachislo habit and buy some more machines...but hey, by the time she is 21, she can have her old mans vintage 'King Camel' and 'Sinbad Adventure' Its all gone a bit off topic, but Dr Who in the UK is hot hot hot right now and rightly so....
    King Camel - Popeye - Beast Sapp - Mumu World DX - No Pachinko Yet, but working on the wife! Two vintage one armed bandits

3. The following user says "Thanks" to malcymal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by malcymal View Post
    I picked up 4 X exclusive Cyberman Controller Action Figures today from Toys R Us, Portsmouth UK....result! We now have the full set of Dr Who figures. If our non UK cousins dont know what these look like, take a look at www.character-online.co.uk I have bought these for my daughter Emily aged 7 as my dad did the same for me with collectibles, whos no longer with us. Shes got a whole set out of the packs to play with and a whole set put away for when shes older and needs the cash. She will need the cash either to A) go to university because the UK govt has screwed everybody out of every penny, which is pretty much the norm now anyway. or B) She wants to feed her Pachislo habit and buy some more machines...but hey, by the time she is 21, she can have her old mans vintage 'King Camel' and 'Sinbad Adventure' Its all gone a bit off topic, but Dr Who in the UK is hot hot hot right now and rightly so....
    What a great Daddy you are!!

The Wookie also has things packed away for the future (Daughter and Son)
    but these tend to be Star Wars related.........

But hey I had the Dr Who (Tom Baker) and Leila Dolls to play with when I was a Young Gal

Oh how I wish I still had them............

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats a bit cheeky I'd say.
    she looks like an adult film star.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post
    What a great Daddy you are!!

The Wookie also has things packed away for the future (Daughter and Son)
    but these tend to be Star Wars related.........

But hey I had the Dr Who (Tom Baker) and Leila Dolls to play with when I was a Young Gal

Oh how I wish I still had them............

Ah, been doing that too. Heres how things are panning out on the landing with some of my original star wars toys, some of the new gear. Inside the eaves to the loft, my Sinbad Adventure is sitting there for playing but to the left of this there are cases of star wars figures. I have 55 vintage star wars figures still on the cards (not reseals), we also have full sets of EP1 and EP3, lots of POTF2 gear...its a huge collection. In the display cabinet there is a complete set of vintage figures accept for the blue snag. I won a 12" boba today which will be joining the collection. On top of my King Camel theres a few bits, including a Cyber Controller from Dr Who, an Ewoks soft toy, Yoda and the little fruity pot i picked up from the local arcade to put my tokens in.

In this shot you can see some Indiana Jones figures from the 80's, they call em vintage these days. I could swap the Belloq for a pachislo! You can also make out a Dr Who Tom Baker doll on the right hand side of shelf that was made by Denys Fisher/Mego (this is my original doll i had as a kid)

Open up the door to the top of the landing and theres the Sinbad Adventure waiting to play. In my daughters room we have boxed the eave of the roof in to make a den. This side of house is waiting to be done. There are vasts amounts of toys in sealed cases to left and right of the sinbad including some pretty rare GI Joe stuff (known as Action Man) in the UK.

The original line up.

My landing in the house, sort of somes it up. Its a shrine to my youth, my kids stuff (Dr Who), the Pachislos, some retro gaming there too (hand held Astro Wars etc).
    King Camel - Popeye - Beast Sapp - Mumu World DX - No Pachinko Yet, but working on the wife! Two vintage one armed bandits

8. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to malcymal

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow!!!!

The Wookie will be most Jealous!!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    They have more modern effects.

Saw a good episode where a guy in the future was collecting alien tech that was falling to earth. One of the items was a Dalek (the last one). Interesting show.
    big fan of the show this was one of the best ones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It seems appropriate to resurrect this thread today, the "Day of the Doctor". Happy 50th anniversary Doctor Who fans!

My wife and I would both be over the moon for a Doctor Who pachinko machine. There may be more of a chance of seeing this today, after all, I have now seen machines themed on Star Wars, Ghost, Blade, Die Hard, Gremlins, Jurassic Park, 24, X-Files, and other western media properties large and small. I guess it all depends if Japan has gained enough Doctor Who fans with the recent series.

I could just imagine a dalek feature with motorized arms that says "Exterminate!" at key moments, and all sorts of reach animations involving the various doctors and the TARDIS. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

Hopefully someday soon... (keeps fingers crossed)
    Last edited by DukeOfDelmar; 11-23-2013 at 10:26 AM.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to DukeOfDelmar

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll .

You could take a vintage 1960's -1970's "Flipper " Pachinko and what some have done here with badley water damaged playfield lamanates is do a Total dismantle clean/repair and replace the playfeid backgound with a Dr. Who theme and maybe 3D print some parts and "toys" for it as well add some micro switches on the pockets tied to a digital sound playback device if you want special sounds .

A while back I did a removable modification to my "China man " Powerflash to a "Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass with laminated resized prints of the original artwork from the Book .

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...e-project.html
    Last edited by takethecastle57; 11-25-2013 at 06:32 AM.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3