Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Fever payout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Star Wars Fever payout

I hit fever on Star Wars. (3 Yodas) That led me to the Fever round where they scroll through all the movies and characters. From there, I went directly to attempting to shoot down Vaders fighter (I failed) During the bonus and chance, the slot under the flippers opened. (I sank multiple balls) The flippers also opened up and I sank many balls there as well. After a very long two rounds, I counted the payout. 25 balls was the total. Is that the norm? When I go through a fever round in Spider Man there is a very large payout. Star Wars is paying some, but not near the amount that Spider Man is. Is there something wrong with the payout? Or is this correct? Just amazed by the payout difference in the two machines! I have had to refill the top hopper on Spider Man twice. I can't see where I have even made a dent in the Star Wars hopper.

Tim

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars Fever payout

Sounds like a payout problem, should pay out about 2025 balls per fever.

Museum link

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

25 balls! for 2 fever rounds - I don't think so as Compirate says it should have been more like 2000 balls.

Something certainly doesn't sound as if it is working correctly.
    Chris
    Pachinko : Star Wars, Julie Pinball, Super stadium, 007, Freddie Vs Jason, Haunted Mansion, Vicky Chance. Pachislo : Terminator (Original).

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yup.... should payout just like Spiderman......

are all the regular payout pockets working ? i.e. drop a ball in each pocket when powered up .... is each paying out 4 balls or so ? If thats the case then you know it isn't a payout motor problem......I seem to remember I had a wierd problem with one machine that had a blockage in only one of the ball tracks....and so it wasn't feeding balls to the payout fast enough, so had a reduced stuttering payout...... check the ball tracks for bloackages also........after doing all that I'd play to a fever, open the glass and physically chuck a load of balls down the lower trapdoor and see what happens......then its probably some kind of sensor issue.....

BIG S
    Pachinko: Star Wars, Gachinko 7, Thunderzone, Apollo, Top Gun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The lowest payout model is the RN1 and even if you have that model the payout is:
    Even coming out ball Approximately 675
    Round & count 5R 9C

That equates to 5 rounds during a fever, made up of 9 balls going into the trap door with a payout of 15 balls per trap door ball. 5X9X15=675.

This should be the very least you win in a fever.

Now the ZF model which I believe most of us have pays out:

Even coming out ball Approximately 2025
    Round & count 15R 9C

15 Rounds of 9 balls in the trap door times 15 balls per trap door ball 15X9X15=2025
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Big S, I checked the other 4 payout slots. They pay nothing when a ball is dropped in. I'm not sure what to do at this point...

Tim

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't worry at least we're getting somewhere......

One idea is I'm asuming you just set the machine up as it arrived ... there were still some balls left in the pipe (those 25 balls)....... but the ball stop is fixed in place, so you only paid out those balls leaving the remaining ones in the full hopper......

( sorry if this is difficult to explain without pics )

Follow the path of the balls they go in the hopper then down two side by side tracks down into the payout mech ......as you look at the back of the machine in the upper right you will see a metal or plastic cover to the track with a little thumb guide on it...... if you look carefully you will see two prongs that insert down into the track to stop the balls ( sorry if this seems like stating the obvious ) .... of course this needs to be in the up position to make sure the balls can flow freely..

OK .... if it still isn't shifting balls, then check the ball path for obvious obstructions.......also check the all the plugs are connected to the payout mech motor......if still no joy its time to listen / observe if the motor activates during dropiing a ball into a pocket.......other than that its whip out the motor unit to check for obstructions ( dead easy on Sankyo machines ) ....If I can get home later i'll try to get some pics done........

Cheers

BIG S

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Big S, pictures would surely help. I have looked at the back of this machine several times and really don't know what I'm looking at! The prongs are up though. (I learned that with Spider Man) Hopefully, we can figure this out. I appreciate everybodys help! That's one of the reasons this is the best Pachi site on the net, period!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Docdc2 had a similar problem with his Stars Wars pachinko, we found 3 pieces of styrofoam peanuts jamming the tracks.
    two in the back and one in the front after we had opened the lower half of the front door.

once we got it cleared it dumped all the balls it owed to the front tray.

so, when you fix the problem you will have it paying out a few thousand balls to the front tray till it catches up
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok ..... in absence of my camera ( which may still not be working ).....

look at the back top right of the machine ( next to and just after the claw ) theres a white knob that you can twist ( this is the ball dump mechanism ) ... over this knob and running downwards is a blue/green plastic cover... it hinges at the top and has a push point at the bottom to release so that you can swing it up and out of the way.....( doing this from memory so cant remember any disconnects ) under here is the pay mech and motor.....

First things first.......can you SEE any obvious obstructions ( trust me I've had a 1 1/2" woodscrew in there before )..... if not you need to carefully disconnect the motor and payout mech ..... it is fairly straight forward once you realise that everything slides togther in quick release fashion the motor housing slides sideways....( again if I remember correctly the only fiddly bit is the little ball release / counter mech that sits above the payout unit - remember which way it comes out as you'll have to put it back ! basically check for obstructions then check for function, but with the covers out of the way and a pulled motor you'll pretty quickly figure out where the problem lies..... If no obstruction then again check the motor is turning.....( funnily enough SW was my first and I went through this same problem ! ).....look carefully enough at how it goes together and you can usually work out how to take it apart......

BIG S

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, maybe I'm making headway, maybe I'm not. I started to follow Big S' instructions. I turned the white knob to release the cover and- all the balls started to drop!! However, they drop out the bottom of the machine and not into the pay out tray. I ran probably 10,000 balls through and they all went from the top of the machine and out the bottom. Not one ball made it to the payout tray. Any suggestions as to what to do now? I dont know if I ran enough balls through to total my entire payout over the last few weeks. Just wondering if at some point, the hopper will fill again and why the balls are going straight through the machine???

Tim

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you say the bottom, do you mean the bottom at the front, or the bottom at the back? If they're coming out the front, the machine is just catching up and will be fine when it has. If they're coming out the back, you'll need to shut another gate at the back.
    Star Wars, Spin Luck#749. Jet Set Radio, Space Shuttle Pinball & Monolopy quiz machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wait......I didn't say turning this would fix your problem....as i mentioned this is the ball dump to empty the balls when finishing play ( so you learned something... )...... the only reason to touch it is to lift the plastic case I mentioned.....

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...4-picture1.jpg

It needs to be in the up / down orientation as shown. Push your finger right at the bottom of this cover and lift so it swings 180 upwards and you'll get to picture 2......

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/...4-picture2.jpg

The clear plastic unit with the white label is the motor as you can see from the label it slides right to remove it - before doing so unplug the cable then reach around to the right of the motor and you will see a plastic catch ( blue again I think ) push and slide the motor right and you can remove it....

From here you can run balls by hand to be sure there is no blockage and they are getting to the motor....do both tracks ! then check the motor is clear of crap and is turning freely....

If you llok carefully and take your time its pretty easy to work out how it all goes together......

Also if all else fails try your dongle from the Spiderman machine !

BIG S

Edit - youll also notice a little wire going to the top of pic 2- this is to the ball sensor....if you pull this out remember carefully which way it goes back ......
    Last edited by Bigsasquatch; 05-23-2006 at 02:36 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I'm not sure quite what's going on. I believe when you reference 2 tracks, you mean the track that runs down to the motor and the track that runs from the motor to the payout tray. The track above is good. The balls run into the motor and stop at the stopper in the motor. When we run the track from the motor down, the balls come out at the shooter tray. They do not go down into the payout tray. Is this normal? I know in the Spider Man, the balls run down into the payout tray. I'm not sure how to access the lower half of the front of the machine to see what is going on in there. When I drop balls into the center payout hole, no balls release into either tray. I assume the motor works due to the fact that I have received payouts in the past.
    Suggestions?
    Tim

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

sorry to interupt but if you put one ball in the shooter tray and fire it into the play field where dose that ball end up (this is just a thought)
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I mean 2 tracks when they leave the upper hopper - if you look they dont feed out of the hopper in a single stream, but rather 2 different streams of balls side by side..... this is important as they can take 2 different paths through the motor unit.... ifboth tracks are clear all the way to the motor then thats OK .. the blocakge wont be lower, as you would have a machine chock full of balls from the payouts......

Did you pull the motor and check it turns and is free of any blockages ? If so, and you know you definitely have balls getting to the motor, the next thing is to make sure the motor tuns on a payout.......

BIG S

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Normally they go to the shooter tray until it overflows to the lower tray.

When a ball goes into any of the payout pockets, does it eventually drop out the back of the machine? If no, there is a blockage, if yes, sounds like the ball sensors in the pockets aren't working or are removed.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes when the shooters tray back fills the wining balls are rerouted in to the bottom front tray and when that over fills an error message is sounded and tells you to unload your balls!
    this is the same routeen I have seen on all other of the new style 2002 and newer
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you take some up close pictures of the back of the machine on the right? A few pics of the ball slot to and through the motor area may help us solve this.
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To open the lower part of the front door, open the glass door either by the lever in back or turn the key to left.

then you look below the playboard you will find a small latch to pull to open the lower part of the door.

there is a ball track there too.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast