Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Neo Pharoah Zetz or Planet T 999?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Neo Pharoah Zetz or Planet T 999?

Until last week, I had never even heard of a Pachislo, but after seeing a video of Neo Pharoah Zetz, I WANT ONE!

The models with the colour LCD screens look nice, but I just like the way that the LCD graphics on Neo Zetz 'interact' with the reels.

Steve from "pachisloandpachinko.com" has been a great help and has offered a machine which is newer than Neo Zetz, called "Planet T 999".

Does anyone know anything about this other machine? Is it any better than Neo Zetz?

I must admit that I am also tempted by King Camel as its had unanimous rave reviews.. But for me, its just not hi-tech enough!

Any info would be appreciated

Jon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Neo Pharoah Zetz or Planet T 999?

Newer is a bit of a stretch but the Zetz came out 4 months before the Planet T 999. They are both 2005 models.

Now the real question is what is the difference besides the belly glass of the Neo Planet T and the Planet T 999? If there really is no difference or very little, then you're actually looking at a 2002 model with a new belly.

If you're a really hi-tech guy then certainly look to finding a model with a color overlay screen like Sinbad or Popeye or a bunch of others vs the mono color screen of the El-Vision overlay.

It's like going from the old mono colored screen of your PC to a VGA screen.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"It's like going from the old mono colored screen of your PC to a VGA screen."

nothin like showing your age with that comment Tulsa !!!!!!!
    most of these whippersnapers dont remember what cga was .
    by the way we went from mono to cga then ega then vga in the pc world ......
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Tulsa, go for the color lcd overlays, Sinbad, popeye, beast sapp, cutie honey (hopefully coming soon) monkey magic, I may have missed a few but these models have features that interact with the reels also.
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many thanks for that... I have looked at the colour ones, but just didn't get the feeling that they were as impressive as the EL models.

Sure, they have hi-res colour screens, but from what I have seen (And I havn't seen much other than a bunch of vidoes) they just seem to run a load of demos.. WHere as what I saw of the EL models, it actually looks like the reels are 'animated'.

Jon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the forum.

I have played three of the four EL-Vision models, I have owned two. Zetz and Magic Pulsar. Never had the pleasure to play the Planet 999, but I believe it would be similar to the Planet T. I chose to keep the Zetz machine because it was the most interactive of the bunch. With every spin, and every stop of the reels, there is some sort of video popping up, more than that of the Magic Pulsar machine. Plus I like the Egyptian theme and the look of the machine. The machine is fun to play, with a great attract mode, music and lights. The EL-Vision is quite a unique feature.

Keep in mind the Zetz machine is a type C machine, no BB or RB. It offers a Pharaoh Bonus and a Pharaoh Rush in the win mode. It also is a 100% Japanese speaking machine, and all script is in Japanese also.
    Good Luck in your decision,
    RJ
    Last edited by rjb0388; 05-15-2006 at 03:01 PM.
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

rjb0388, thanks for the info. That fact that Neo Zetz is Japanese is a suprise.. I thought that it had some english? Surely this is no worse than the colour ones.. Infact, from what I have seen about the colour models is that everything seems to be in Japaneese?

The other thing I don't like about the large screen colour ones is the 'themes' (i.e Disney Sinbad).. However, what about Hanabo Hyakkei? This is the 'firework' one yes?? Whats this like?

I guess I should open this up.. If you were going for a fun, interesting and impressive machine and had to choose ONE, which one would you have?

Jon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have owned Hanabi H., Beast Sapp & Sindbad Adventure. The Hanabi H. (fireworks) has the least amount of interaction (animation). The Sindbad is fun and has no relation to the Disney Theme...my favorite part is the battle sequence. My favorite out of the three is the Beast Sapp. The bonus scenes are great and it has some other hidden gems.

Good Luck, the first is always the hardest to pick...after that you want them all.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chris V
    . My favorite out of the three is the Beast Sapp. The bonus scenes are great and it has some other hidden gems.

Chris
    That's the way uh huh uh huh I like it!

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gotta love my Zetz, went mental on me earlier, kept giving Pharaoh Rush after Rush after Rush, thought my 1100 tokens were all going to wind up on my carpet. Made a little token tray now incase it does it again!

Although Zetz is almost all in Japanese, TBH theres about 5 different events that occur and none of them rely on you knowing the language.

I like several features of it :

1) Ready fitted volume control. Still pretty loud when the bonus kicks off but nowhere near as loud as I've heard they can be without a good volume control

2) The EL-Vision display. I know some machine have very high quality LCD displays around the reels, or on screens a side of the reels, but theres nothing like having all the action directed straight at you rather than having to keep an eye on another screen elsewhere.

I dislike one feature of it :

1) Reel hum. I know it adds character and I've gotten used to it but I tried playing it with the sound off earlier as dad was doing a degree project next door, and the noise from the reels alone was pretty loud!!

You'll have to take my opinion with a little caution though because it is the first one I've owned

Personally I'll consider one of the following machines, which I am to get in the very near future :

1) Yamasa - Neo Planett, Planett 999, Neo Magic Pulsar.
    2) Sammy - King Camel (keep hearing great things about it).
    3) Aruze - Hanabi Hyakkei (screen looks awesome and like the theme, no idea of gameplay though!)

I'm also considering a Pachinko but will research them a bit more before I seriously consider one.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have the Hanabi Hyakkei the video overlay is much like the el vision when it hits potential winning combination it overlays over the reels to show you them . but it doesn't stand out as much as the el because its in color not mono chrome orange . as for play i love mine some dint thats the nature of these machines .... you have to remember the hanabi is the first with the animated large screens so it doesn't have as many but it does have an excellent fireworks theme which is everyones crowd pleaser you have to play one to really appreciate it .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have Neo Pharoah Zetz and Sinbad Adventure. They really are two different games but if I had my choice Zetz takes it, not only is it a nice game but It is one of the more classy machines to look at. Sharp Glass and sounds and can look very nice in just about any room. In other words looks very expensive! One more thing is that I think the Yamaha is a much better built machine Fit and finish is right on. I think Yamasa and Sammy are on par that way, their like the Hondas of Pachislo machines.
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have studies all of the info I can find about the EL and Video machines and the thing which I really like is the way that the EL darkens the reals and only shows the fruit..

The video display machine keep the who reals illuminated, which is why the effect of the LCD isnt' as impressive.

I am sure that the colour screen in general is MUCH better.. But Is till think (From what i have seen) that the LCD over the reel works much better on the EL machine.

I wish I could find some locally where I could actually go and take a look!!! I might just have to buy 3 and be done with it

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds like you really want an elvision machine. So don't let us talk you out of it. Just know those machines have the loudest reels out there.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jweaver
    rjb0388, thanks for the info. That fact that Neo Zetz is Japanese is a suprise.. I thought that it had some english? Surely this is no worse than the colour ones.. Infact, from what I have seen about the colour models is that everything seems to be in Japaneese?

The other thing I don't like about the large screen colour ones is the 'themes' (i.e Disney Sinbad).. However, what about Hanabo Hyakkei? This is the 'firework' one yes?? Whats this like?

I guess I should open this up.. If you were going for a fun, interesting and impressive machine and had to choose ONE, which one would you have?

Jon

I have alot of the models mentioned. I myself have a soft spot for Neo Pharoah Zetz. Its the theme and how funny it is to see that Pharoah chasing that Mummy all over the place. There is alot of interaction in that machine. If you can get over the reels being a little noisey I am sure you will love it. The price the machine goes for is more then fair as well.

Tony
    When I was a kid I didn't just burn the ants with a magnifying glass I followed them back to the hole and commited ant genicide!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I own a Zetz, a King Camel, and my continuing favourite for game play (eye shooting!), an Hanabi Hyakkei with the "holographic" screen overlay.

All three are fantaaastic machines (you can't go wrong chosing any one) and I chose all of them purposely after getting opinions here, watching preview vids, etc. (All ebayed, saw none "live" beforehand.)

If high tech is the goal, then likely the Eleco "holographic" machines have a slight edge, most of my guest are floored by the overlayed graphics (having never seen anything like it in North America before). Not a whole lot happens in my hanabi, but there are win clues coming up, the built in stats computer is cool, the fireworks are a good "attract" mode when someone is laying and the light show during a bonus is pretty good. Personally, I like the shamisen? sound it makes upon reel stops. You may have an issue with reel lights on the Elecos, which burn out (yes they have LEDs which eventually give out) and may need to be replaced.

Zetz comes a close second in the high tech department, Yamasa's "EL Vision" is striking from a distance, but being monochromatic, it dates itself (and some North American Slots have similar "amber" screens - now I'm datng myself, though not on top of reels, that I've seen). The cartoon animations are fun and the music catchy. Playability is fun, though more predictable, I find, than the other two - though you will indeed have a few large wins in a row rather than continuous small wins here and there.

King Camel is in a class by itself, after a while you truely feel like the machine is playing you, rather than the other way around. My young son likes this one best, and I rarely tire of playing it. It always seems to be presenting some new attraction or reel trick and the bonus music is catchy. Most of my guests prefer the King Camel.

It really comes down to getting an idea from the postings and museum here, hunting down some vids, and then targetting the theme that you personally like best. Or do like me, get all three so you can compare technologies!
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

17. The following user says "Thanks" to websherpa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have both the Neo PlanetT and the Hanabi Hyakkei. Both technologies represented in these two machines are wonderful. I prefer the Neo PlanetT personnally. Whereas my wife prefers the Hanabi Hyakkei......Sorry guys, but I love my Neo PlanetT. It is the coolest machine I have ever played.....(Outside of pachinko that is.)
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jweaver
    I really like is the way that the EL darkens the reals and only shows the fruit..

The video display machine keep the who reals illuminated, which is why the effect of the LCD isnt' as impressive.
    I like the darkening screen effect of the el visions, however the video overlay darkens quite nicely at times, sometimes it lets the reels "glow" in the background. I think it was an aesthetic choice of the manufacturer. I wouldn't say that the elVision was "better" or "works better" than the video, it's just different, and let me tell you that the available video movies of the machines doesn't do the LCD video machines much justice (due to flicker rates, etc) They are truely amazing to watch up close, as vivid as any modern computer LCD screen. elVision is an older technology, but being monochromatic, has more contrast and certainly shows it in the videos out there.

I wish I could find some locally where I could actually go and take a look!!! I might just have to buy 3 and be done with it
    I think buying three (even over time) is the way to go too! However you should choose by the theme and effects that interest you, all of them are "good".
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just remembered stupid me. Theres always MILLION GOD or TRIPLE THUNDER. How could you go wrong with either?
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    I just remembered stupid me. Theres always MILLION GOD or TRIPLE THUNDER. How could you go wrong with either?
    you forgot K1 Punch Rush

ダン

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast