Thread: Power Problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Power Problem

Hello, I am new to these forums but I was wondering if someone could help me. I am having a problem with my princess falconer slot machine. It works fine except that half of the lights went out all of a sudden. Upon inspecting it, I found out that there are two boards that power all of the lights in the machine. After taking these out, I noticed one had a blown fuse, but the fuse was soldered to the board directly. I assume that this is what was causing the problem. I then replaced the fuse with an inline holder and fuse. This did not help. Has anyone experieced this problem? Is there a way to buy a replacement board? These boards are located in little 2 individual "cages" underneath the reel assembly. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Power Problem

If you can, post a pic of the machine
    email Milt at Stealth Home amusement for replacement parts, he may be able to help you.
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remember though, fuses don't blow for no reason.
    Be sure to find the underlying cause, and also be sure to replace with the exact same value as the original so it can continue to protect the rest of the circuit..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!!! Is the machine under warranty from the vendor? if so give them a call. If not you might be able to replace the faulty board from one of the vendors that are linked from this site.
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Losmos. Good advice so far. Pictures would help.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by losmos
    Hello, I am new to these forums but I was wondering if someone could help me. I am having a problem with my princess falconer slot machine. It works fine except that half of the lights went out all of a sudden. Upon inspecting it, I found out that there are two boards that power all of the lights in the machine. After taking these out, I noticed one had a blown fuse, but the fuse was soldered to the board directly. I assume that this is what was causing the problem. I then replaced the fuse with an inline holder and fuse. This did not help. Has anyone experieced this problem? Is there a way to buy a replacement board? These boards are located in little 2 individual "cages" underneath the reel assembly. Any help is greatly appreciated!

which lights are we talking about here fluorescent , LEDs or regular incandescent bulbs ? if were talking fluorescent then you probably lost a ballast and depending on the machine it could be 24v or 100v . I assume that the other board controls the other half of the lights and is still working . when you replaced the fuse did it blow again ? if not you might want to check it with a meter to see if any voltage is present . odds are you had a short possibly caused by a bulb ... the reason it isn't going back on is because you probably took out a diode in the power supply or another card or if you have voltage present at the fuse on the card you replaced the fuse on. just replacing the board may not clean up the problem . NEED MORE INFO and some pics would help alot . since there in cages I'd say there probably ballast and 100v so watch what your doing and if your not experienced find someone who is !!!!
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you all for your help. The machine is not under warranty. I will post pics later today. You are correct in that each board powers half of the fluorescent lights and the other one works fine. When I replaced the fuse it did not blow, but it does not work. I have not checked voltage.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

worthless.gif

Sorry, I been wanting to use this smilie and here was my chance.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the good ballast should be identical to the bad one , if it is just swap ballast if the lighting works order a new one .there doesn't have to be anything wrong with the wiring or tubes ballast burn up over a period of time . if i were you I'd order 2 the other is likely to go in the near future also . just get a hold of either Gaku or Stealth . copy the number of the ballast and give it to them I'm sure they have replacements in stock .

dam Lddrizzt going threw smilie with-drawl are we .....???
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are correct, I switced the wiring to the working ballast and the other set of lights work. The problem is isolated to the ballast then I assume. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You assume correct . As for the thanks thats what were here for ......just help spread the knowledge if you can to someone else in need of it ......and have fun !!!!...
    Jeff