Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Battle counter PC version

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Battle counter PC version

Index page reminded me I haven't posted for a while... The new Pachi Battle System is undergoing a few tweaks on the hardware side and the software is about half finished. Online side of things aren't started yet, but should be able to start beta testing units by the end of the year. If anyone's interested in joining the beta test, please let me know and I'll add you to the list of interestees... If that's even a word... Fingers crossed!
    May the 4th be with you!
    Pachi Systems Inc. - Why not?
    Pachi Battle System - Hardware complete!

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi guys. Sorry to bump this thread up. The battle counter system is still being worked on. With Christmas preparations and work, things have fallen behind slightly. Just wanted to let everyone know I am still working on it during every opportunity I get to sit at the computer for more than 5 minutes. Unfortunately it does look like the beta test phase won't be until the new year, but rest assured I'll keep everyone here posted first. Have a great Christmas (if I don't make it on here before then) and a marvellous New Year!
    May the 4th be with you!

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Hajile View Post
    Hi guys. Sorry to bump this thread up. The battle counter system is still being worked on. With Christmas preparations and work, things have fallen behind slightly. Just wanted to let everyone know I am still working on it during every opportunity I get to sit at the computer for more than 5 minutes. Unfortunately it does look like the beta test phase won't be until the new year, but rest assured I'll keep everyone here posted first. Have a great Christmas (if I don't make it on here before then) and a marvellous New Year!
    Gives me more time to build my Pachi collection
    notice

Notice

Warning: Author of this post has delusions of being mentally competent.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but i'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Right. Time for some real news on the system. It's almost ready. Just a couple of tweaks to be made. With the project coming close to completion, I'm looking for people who would be interested in the system. The hardware will be the only thing to pay for. The software and online aspects of the Pachi Battle System will be free to all those who purchase. Either PM me or leave a message here. If there is enough interest, I'll move into manufacture and we can start the PBS system!
    May the 4th be with you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's been a while since I posted... Due to recent events, it looks like I will be staying in China for the next couple of years (work is more plentiful here than back in the UK at the moment...). However, the Pachi Battle System hardware is complete! Just needs one or two tweaks, but all of the bugs are out of the window and it's running exactly how it should! I am not happy with the software at the moment, but shouldn't be too much of a problem to re-organise the code to my liking (too many hacks in there that need moving to something that's more object oriented friendly). I will be back in the UK around April 15th to be re-united with my lovely pachis and it will get a full, vigorous workout then. I'm building a couple more prototypes with different features, but the basic unit should remain the same.

The design of the unit means it will be external to any pachis with just a cable running inside each one and a cable running between each unit. Like I said, it's USB powered on the first module. Still working out powering a whole chain of them since a single USB port can only handle one or two modules... It should be simple enough to croc-clip onto a +5v line within a pachi though... If I can find one that's easily accessible. I don't really want to be bundling external adaptors for them as it then means you'll have to find extra power outlets... Kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion.

Also, once the software is re-jigged, I'll be testing the website modules and possibly building an API for the Pachi statistics the system gathers so you can securely connect to the community site for PBS and share your stats, compare with your friends and compete in competitions. The API would mean the ability to have an avatar or signature pic with your stat information. Working on software to web encryption at the moment, but it should be no problem after the 10 months it's taken to develop the hardware.

Hope everyone is keeping well. PBS: May the 4th be with you!
    May the 4th be with you!

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

trust me, the fourth is always with me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m9xN4Z7gUc
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another update: The system is almost there. I'm now working on integrating it with its website. One thing I would like to ask everyone: FEATURES! What would make this software/hardware solution good for you? I've done lots of work, but please feel free to mention anything and everything you think it should do (serious ones, though. I can't make it dispense beer... ;-) Wish I could... ). Whilst I've racked my brains to think of useful stuff, there's also the possibility I've overlooked something, so no matter how small and insignificant it might seem, let me know. If I've forgotten something blazingly obvious, I'll slap myself silly.
    May the 4th be with you!

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The ability to list your machines by type and/or name i.e. pachinko or pachislo so you can actually track multiple types at the same time. On the hardware or software side maybe possibly having an offline buffer?
    notice

Notice

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but i'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to subdude

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Saving the specs per machine or having tabs to list/save multi machines. Maybe a drop down list of machines .oR ability to add own machine titles.
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So far the software stores the information for the machines. They're represented in a list box on the left of the window and also a cover-flow style interface with pictures of the machines for quick recognition.

The offline buffer is a great idea. I tried to implement it, but it seemed to hate me... I'll take another look into it as it would be useful. The RAM on the chips doesn't seem to be sufficient to store the data, though... I will rack my brains on it and do my best before the final revision, though.

The software currently stores daily statistics (for the whole day), details of BBs/jackpots with exact time of it along with tokens/balls out during the round, tokens/balls between rounds, hopper tracking (providing you know how many tokens/balls you put in...), synchronisation with the PBSCentral system is also working so there is online back-up of information. It's a bit basic at the moment, but at least the software is communicating with the CMS, which is a good thing.

Things I'm working on at the moment on the software side are slump charts, report creation and a few other little tweaks on what is already there.

Keep the suggestions coming! Want to make this the greatest system available!

NOTE: I'm back in the UK next week to run full tests with my pachislots. Unfortunately I don't have any pachinkos. But it's not too difficult to adapt current code to handle other machine types. ;-)
    May the 4th be with you!

17. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you get a pie chart...mmmm pie
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Reminds me of "Death By Powerpoint"... A pie chart, a pot pie chart, a pizza pie chart, a cake chart, a bundt cake chart, an upside down cake chart... Perhaps as an easter egg I might include one or two of them... Depends on the number of users of the system. The more people who use it, the more hidden extras I'll stick in there to see if you can find them all. ;-)
    May the 4th be with you!

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Right... Update. We had some issues with board suppliers but we believe we've now found a company that will be able to supply our PCBs and parts. Assembly and testing will be done in-house. The system currently lacks any housing at present, but we point is we should have the first version of PBSLink available in the next month. If you're interested in one, please let me know either in a reply or a PM. The first batch will consist of 50 boards. Once they're gone, and if demand is enough, we will make more. Sorry for the wait, guys.
    May the 4th be with you!

23. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

notice

Notice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any news?
    notice

Notice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the absenteeism here. The last few months have been rough. I'm in the process of trying to get new work as I've been out of work for the last few months. The hardware took a backseat during this time, but the system is built in prototype form (albeit there's a minor problem with grounding the link between modules). At present, I haven't got the funds to put the boards into production, but if anyone is interested in pre-order, I can use the pre-order to get the board manufactured and shipped. Unfortunately, there isn't any enclosures I could find to house the unit. I was hoping to have a proper product. Still, the hardware and software are working well together still and the prototype board hooked up to my simulator can run days at a time without an issue (unless my PC decides to switch itself off for an update... Hate it when that happens).

I might be able to get a few boards made (I've now moved to Shanghai after being kicked out of my last place) so if you are interested in the USB system, please do let me know. The more interest I get, the more confident I'll be in making the boards. Once we can get a user base interested, I can kick start the community part of the project and add more to the software knowing that it's being used.

Hope everyone is keeping well! Re-training for a new career at my age is taking it out of me and my savings... Hope to hear from some of you soon! Take care everyone! All the best and hope you all have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! I should be able to check back now that I have my computer back again.
    May the 4th be with you!

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Out of interest I did see this board on ebay.

USB Input PCB - MAME & Custom Input Compatible V2.1 | eBay

The interesting bit is it has 32 digital inputs. I'm not sure its of any help to your project
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there any new updates on this sunject???
    Last edited by Jon; 02-19-2012 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Once you buy one machine you can't stop

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Despite how loathed I am to resurrect a really old thread, I thought I'd just check in with people as I am now back in the UK after being in China for the last 7 and a half years. I'm currently living in the Hornchurch / Romford area now with my two pachislo machines and awaiting all of my gear to arrive from China on a slow boat (hopefully will be here by the end of the month). I am considering reviving the project now that I have proper access to the machines again and wondered if there is still any interest in it? I've learned quite a lot more about embedded systems development since the last time I tried this and my coding kung fu has also improved a lot. If you guys are still interested, or if you'd like to get involved, let me know and we'll see about getting the software and hardware back on track.

On another note: It is so good to be back in the UK! Is there anywhere here that still sells pachis? I still have come contacts back in China and might be able to lay my hands on some if there's still a market for it?
    May the 4th be with you!

31. The following user says "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just the second hand market here as stillno dealers. Although these days I get machines direct from Japan using FromJapan deputy service. Average price for a slo is about £250. Although the cheaper in Japan to buy, the cheaper the final cost.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast