Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Battle counter PC version

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Battle counter PC version

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Hajile
    Okay, just a quick question. If I were to refine the connector so that you could remote reset all connected machines from the software, provide the cables and have PCBs manufactured, would any body be interested in them? I'd naturally let them go at the same price it cost to manufacture, but just wondered before I embarked on that path. I'll be building the prototype of the connector (sans reset relays) this weekend and checking how it interfaces with the software. The theory is it'll work just like a DirectPad Pro joystick... In theory...

it depends on price realy if you talking £15 and below its a darn good idea and if you want a hand in marketing it i can drop it on my site for you
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It sounds like a very good Idea..

Good Work everyone..

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay. I have a *VERY* basic counter working, but the big bonus is a little confusing... The relay comes on... and stays on until you enter a Jac-in and then goes off. The result is it counts 3 big bonus rounds as one. I'm hoping to get a Hanabi Hyakkei soon so I'll be able to see if this the case with other pachislos. If someone can confirm this, it'll be a good help. Either way, I'm still going to get another pachislo. Love this hobby.

Hopefully, if I get enough time, I'll be able to code a beta version of the Battle Counter (uses PPJoy as the driver) and also have instructions on building the cable. I will forewarn you: You will need 8 resistors (6K8 or 10K) and 4 signal diodes PER MACHINE (1N4148) or 5 signal diodes if you want to track CT bonus. Again, let me know if this is a feature you want.
    May the 4th be with you!
    Pachi Systems Inc. - Why not?
    Pachi Battle System - Hardware complete!

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay. I have a *VERY* basic counter working, but the big bonus is a little confusing... The relay comes on... and stays on until you enter a Jac-in and then goes off. The result is it counts 3 big bonus rounds as one. I'm hoping to get a Hanabi Hyakkei soon so I'll be able to see if this the case with other pachislos. If someone can confirm this, it'll be a good help. Either way, I'm still going to get another pachislo. Love this hobby.

Hopefully, if I get enough time, I'll be able to code a beta version of the Battle Counter (uses PPJoy as the driver) and also have instructions on building the cable. I will forewarn you: You will need 8 resistors (6K8 or 10K) and 4 signal diodes PER MACHINE (1N4148) or 5 signal diodes if you want to track CT bonus. Again, let me know if this is a feature you want.
    When the machine goes into a BB, the battle counter's lights all flash while in the bonus (I'm sure that because the line is 'on' at that time. Actually, they're interconnected and all flash to let other players know someone is winning!). Not sure what other line does the signal to let the battle counter know the bonus is over (the 24v 'reset lines?).
    Since in a BB you normally hit the jac-in 3 times, code it so that it counts the first one and ignores the next 2.

One thing the counters have that you might want to include is a 'game' count or 1 tic for every 3 token-in count. This can be graphicly connected to bonuses so you can show when they are occuring (BB,RB and CT by # of games)

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

5. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent feedback. I'll take all those comments on board and incorporate as much as I can into the first beta. The 24v reset lines are used to remotely reset the machine after a big bonus. As most people aren't operating these machines over a wide area, I've decided not to include the function. Unless a demand suddenly arises...
    May the 4th be with you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

although a remote reset isn't needed a reset for each counter would be a good idea especially if some wanted to track coin in between big bonuses and such .
    Jeff

8. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

compirate: The connectors on your pachinko (big bonus, start and bonus), are they standard on every pachinko machine, or do other machines have more to track other things?

I'm assuming that the pachinko connectors have no power running through them, and that they're triggered by relays. If the pachinkos can only output information on starts and bonus, then the hardware I've designed could be adapted to track 7 pachislo and 14 pachinkos at once. That'll be 21 machines. I'll have to revise the schematic and PCB design to accommodate it, but shouldn't be more than a few hours work. I've got v1.0 of the proper schematic and PCB design up on the SourceForge project page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pachibattlepc/) in the 'screenshots' section. Once the stuff arrives for my prototype Veroboard connector, I'll run proper tests and release a simple beta version of the software with the details on a temporary cable to use with it (support for it will also be built into all future releases, too). I'll keep you posted on any progress. It's all good fun, I tell you.
    Last edited by Random_Hajile; 06-03-2006 at 04:23 PM.
    May the 4th be with you!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

compirate: The connectors on your pachinko (big bonus, start and bonus), are they standard on every pachinko machine, or do other machines have more to track other things?

I'm assuming that the pachinko connectors have no power running through them, and that they're triggered by relays. If the pachinkos can only output information on starts and bonus, then the hardware I've designed could be adapted to track 7 pachislo and 14 pachinkos at once. That'll be 21 machines. I'll have to revise the schematic and PCB design to accommodate it, but shouldn't be more than a few hours work. I've got v1.0 of the proper schematic and PCB design up on the SourceForge project page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pachibattlepc/) in the 'screenshots' section. Once the stuff arrives for my prototype Veroboard connector, I'll run proper tests and release a simple beta version of the software with the details on a temporary cable to use with it (support for it will also be built into all future releases, too). I'll keep you posted on any progress. It's all good fun, I tell you.
    What's there fresh rate on those input lines? The coin in/out is pretty fast.
    The more modern pachinkos are just on/off (no power) but some older units have power as a signal. I'd think your best bet is go the 'no power' route, like pachislo. I'm pretty sure all pachinkos have the same signals.
    Will this software log these things over time (days,months,years) to let you know how your pachi 'career' is going?

12. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The software will log over time (hoping to produce daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports as well as over the full length of the career). I'm hoping that the interface will be instantaneous. With a bit of luck, the routine to read the input lines from the interface will execute in microseconds when fully programmed (at the moment, the program hogs CPU time... hence the need to clean it up before a beat release). The parallel port has a bus speed of around 1.3MHz, so a single cycle would be about 0.00000077 seconds. Just over three quarters of a microsecond. If the program can even run the check cycle in a millisecond, you'll have instantaneous update on screen. Can't be bad, can it?

If there's just those two signals from a pachinko, then you'll be able to connect them via RJ-11... which is nice and handy. RJ-45 for pachislo and RJ-11 for pachinko. I'll be spending time on the PCB and schematic revisions until my prototyping stuff turns up. I'll keep you posted.
    May the 4th be with you!

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's another pachislo logging program, just to show you their interface/stats.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Curiously I'd come across that one before... but didn't pay much attention to it. I'll try and translate some of it to see what it says and attempt to replicate it in my program. Currently designing the database to hold all the machine information... which is just soooo much fun... </sarcasm>
    May the 4th be with you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

:biggthump

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Found another one that uses usb :
    http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f46574735
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Sid

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmmm i like the look of that usb versionbut i would hve to buy another darn hub then
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay... nothing to get excited about, but here's a screenshot of the pre-alpha version. I've had to learn a new programming language for this (C#) and now I've got this part sorted, it's a case of working on saving data into XML format, scanning more than one machine at once and making it all nice.

As C# is totally new to me, things will probably advance slowly at first, then things should speed up (and a lot of bug-fix releases)... I've uploaded the installer to SourceForge, and started a tutorial on the project homepage.

http://www.experienced.tv/Pachi0.0.png
    May the 4th be with you!

22. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What type of wiring are you using for this one?
    I'd like to help test, but I'm not sure what type of cable you are using.

Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Short reply: Very dodgy wiring... To show you how dodgy, here's a schematic I drew... badly... using Paint... It's based on the TurboGraFX 7-controller connector.

http://pachibattle.experienced.tv/im...uickschema.png

I've quickly written some (bad) tutorials on the project homepage on how to wire the cable and set up the driver (PPJoy). The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to get the software to stop locking up during a Big Bonus (won't register any tokens in or out until the Jac-in)... But I'll crack it. Always seem to find a way around it. Also not too happy about the 10-seconds it takes to initialise...
    May the 4th be with you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you aren't happy with the driver, you may want to have a look at directIO, it solves many problems with getting high speed access to the port.
    http://www.radishville.com/pachi/directio.zip

and here is a sample program using it

http://www.radishville.com/pachi/dvm_giveio.zip

Also, let me know if you need any help packaging it up, I have a copy of installshield I use here at work to roll out various software.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Angry_Radish

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was looking at using directIO or InpOut32. At the moment, the software just polls the parallel port constantly at about 60 cycles per second. A single token in or out would register as 12 initially... until I changed the code to stop the same press registering twice... now it's that code that's messing up the bonus rounds... hence the desire to poll the parallel port direct without the need for PPJoy. If you know any C# coders that want to help, let me know. I'd be glad for any assistance.
    May the 4th be with you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any way to debounce the polling, say once an input is registered, ignore for 1/2 second or a second?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast