Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Battle counter PC version

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Battle counter PC version

well done buddy its nice to welcome someone into pachiland that is bringing a new skill
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, if this is possible it would seem like a breakthrough for Pachinko tracking.
    Thanks for everyone's work!! Im sure that most of us here are VERY interested to see if this works.
    Neo Magic Pulsar, King Camel, Rocky Pachinko,
    Top Gun Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do pachinkos also have a similar way to interface? I'm new to all the pachi stuff, but if they do, then I'll see if I can get this program to track the lot.
    May the 4th be with you!
    Pachi Systems Inc. - Why not?
    Pachi Battle System - Hardware complete!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes, pachinko's are similiar. I believe you can track balls in/out and fever rounds.
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats right from the same port that you plug the battle counters in to usualy on the top right hand side of tha machine as you look at the back of it

And yes a pachinko traking program would be awsome as i been trying for ages but havent got round to lurning VB yet i know the electronics but not the programing side

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

On pachinko, they track starts, bonuses and chance times.

Here's my little page with the connections for a Sankyo Lumina.

So far, no way to count balls played/won, but I'm working on it. Got a tray (from a parlor equipment seller) that catches the balls that go out the back of the machine and funnels them into the ball replenishment system. Also includes a count sensor.

Most of the questions on the page have been aswered, too lazy to update!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay... things are up and running... but I fear I may have a faulty board... I've just run an oscilloscope on the pin-outs and haven't gotten a thing, also no joy on connection to the parallel port...Just going over the board to see if there's anything faulty on it.
    May the 4th be with you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Hajile
    Okay... things are up and running... but I fear I may have a faulty board... I've just run an oscilloscope on the pin-outs and haven't gotten a thing, also no joy on connection to the parallel port...Just going over the board to see if there's anything faulty on it.

This may help, it is the board schematic that a member did a while back http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3737
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

10. The following user says "Thanks" to DaStooge

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That schematic has helped a lot! Thanks for that. As an update, I'm working on the software as we speak, but am limited to how much I can do until I get a few electronic compnents through to build the new cable. Armed with the knowledge that there is no power flowing through the pinouts, I can attempt a system that will track up to 14 pachis simultaneously. Hopefully that'll be of use to some people...
    May the 4th be with you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

any head way on being able to plug in pachinko machines

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are looking to build a plug to go into the pachi, do what some of those other pages show, use 2 cdrom audio cables epoxied side by side, they worked perfectly on mine:-)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haven't tried the pachinko machines yet (haven't got one personally, and need to save up or find someone nearby who has one). In terms of the CD-ROM audio cables, I've glued two together and using that to connect to the pachi. Looking into getting some proper Molex pitch connectors, though.

I was having a lot of trouble with the Japanese program. The way he'd wired up the parallel port didn't make any sense to me to start with, and since it didn't work, I've gone for a totally different way of wiring. It also means that up to a maximum of 14 machines can be connected or perhaps 10 with remote reset capabilities. But would that be somehting people would want?

The project is going into SourceForge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pachibattlepc/) and has all the normal bits set up for feature requests and the such. I'll try to put in as many features as you think would be useful and will try my darndest to get the whole thing working with pachislo and pachi machines. I'm also going to attempt to map the error reporting pins and see if I can make some sort of error reporting module, too.
    May the 4th be with you!

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

His wiring was not for the db25, it was for the card edge type, he only mentions the wiring in a small spot for the 25, let me know if you still need the correct wiring, I can make up a pinout of my cable for you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I could take a look at it. Would be interesting to see how far off my wiring was. It's about time that the whole thing got a good update since the Centronics and Amphenol are practically obsolete now. The new interface *should* support multiple machines and I'll look at USB, too. (That'll be a project for a rainy day... :-S ) Just mocking up some interfaces for the software and designing a test rig for the multiple machine functions. If anyone whats to help contribute to the project, it's now been accepted into SourceForge. Initially I'll be looking into producing the software in either VB or VC++. So if anyone fancies having a bash at it, let me know your SourceForge username and I'll add you into the project for CVS access.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pachibattlepc/ - SourceForge Project
    http://pachibattle.experienced.tv/ - Blog-type home page (for now)
    May the 4th be with you!

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wow random you going to town on this nice to read the blog and best of luck

Thanks
    Thanks Received

heres a suggestion , since the board is for all intense purposes a joystick why not wire it as such to a Mame emulator interface (sold on ebay for $25.00 or so) these are then plugged into the keyboard socket and since they are programmable could easily be modified to run about 4 machines per interface on the kb-16 or 8 machines on the kb-32 .....the programming would be alot simpler also since all your looking for is key stroke commands ......Just a thought ...... heres a url for the one i used for my mame machine http://www.toknmedia.com/ .Making cables for each machine would be easy using ethernet cables and making a box with 4 or 8 ports .heck an old hub would do nicely rewired of course .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 05-29-2006 at 11:58 AM.
    Jeff

21. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's certianly a good idea. I'll look into that one. I'm also building a large switch box to simulate a row of 8 machines... That way I can test all the multi-machine tracking without spending a fortune to rapidly expand my collection... even though that is just such a good excuse to go buy more machines. Interesting you mention MAME... the guy that's giving me a helping hand with the I/O stuff is one of the MAME developers. His name is SMF (or Phill). He'll be popping over to try out the new interface cable with the first build of the software.

I was thinking of the RJ45 approach to connect the machines. It would be just so simple to crimp and RJ45 plug on one end, attach an 8-pin, 2.5mm pitch pin header plug to the other end and off you go. I'm currently looking into getting a PCB designed and manufactured with surface mounted components and RJ45 connectors. If I can get it small enough, then I might be able to get about 10 of them made in a short production run. Stay tuned.
    May the 4th be with you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

did some more reading on the above boards and they are stackable (Daisy chained )so its possible to control many (20 or more machines ) machines just by assigning them there own key stroke commands .the software is the lynch pin but shouldn't be that hard to do (name the port and its 5 inputs(keystrokes) and add a digit for each pulse or stroke and provide a reset for each counter ). shouldn't be more that about $60 to $75 per box
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, just a quick question. If I were to refine the connector so that you could remote reset all connected machines from the software, provide the cables and have PCBs manufactured, would any body be interested in them? I'd naturally let them go at the same price it cost to manufacture, but just wondered before I embarked on that path. I'll be building the prototype of the connector (sans reset relays) this weekend and checking how it interfaces with the software. The theory is it'll work just like a DirectPad Pro joystick... In theory...
    May the 4th be with you!

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Random_Hajile

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Speaking for myself, the remote reset wouldn't be of much use to me.
    Resets aren't needed that often, and its not like I have to run across a parlor to do it.

But, I'm impressed with what else you've got going so far!!!
    Really looking forward to this...
    Keep up the great job!
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast