Thread: HC error on Animal King Pachislo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default HC error on Animal King Pachislo

Yes Guys (and Girls ) another problem on my Animal King Pachislo , If I boot up this nice Animal King Pachislo the hopper keeps spinning like crazy , on the led is standing "HC "error ??? I know the letter "H "is standing for the word : Hopper but do you know were the "C "is standing for ?? maybe if I know what this mean I could let the Animal King 100% working

Any help would be apreciated .

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: HC error on Animal King Pachislo

have you tried a major reset???

or put some tokens in and turn it on, hold something to catch the tokens, it may be trying to catch up on payouts.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    have you tried a major reset???

or put some tokens in and turn it on, hold something to catch the tokens, it may be trying to catch up on payouts.
    Hello Luckydog ,
    Thanks for your reply .

I did filled it with 3 basket of tokens but still keeps spitting them out if I only knew were the letter "C "is standing for I might find the problem

Regards Jan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is the switchon the power supply set to empty the hopper?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my guess is it may be a hopper control error (in short the hopper is paying out when it shouldn't be . i.e. tokens are passing the sensor when it should not be paying out ) it may be a shorted scr controlling the hopper thats causing it to empty out and the sensors warning you of the problem . turn off the machine then if your able to do it try to disconnect the hopper and turn on the machine and reset it . it should be able to play till it hits a pay out .then you'll get a error if you keep it in credit mode it may take some time before it actually needs to use the hopper . the HC maybe a HE code with the center led bar burnt out . give it a try the voltage necessary to run the hopper continuously is supplied by the machine not the hopper so its not a hopper issue unless the problem occurred during a payout and the sensor isn't detecting coins paying out then it would error out and turn off the hopper (something its not doing) so I'm more inclined to believe its not a hopper issue . give it a try and let us know what happens.
    Jeff

6. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahh, I have been thru this on a Doggy Jam Special Machine.

If you look on the main Processor PCB you will see lots of LED's

One might say (hoping it is in English) HC and another HE. Also look for coin in and out LEDs.

What I did to check was to remove the hopper when machine is on. The one unit I have has a mounted disconnect at the inside, so sliding it out unhooked.

The hopper would stop (yup) and I hit reset. I can then insert coins watching the LEDs.

I traced the wiring on this machine to find that it had 5 ground leads, but one was a HC Hopper check? Hopper COin? LED. This LED goes out when hopper removed. No Follow me.. Not easy to explain

By Removing the hopper, and doing reset started the machine. I was able to insert coins in the machine and even push the hopper back after the 1st coin was dropped in the slot. It would run find until cash out.

I found the sensor wire and cut that baby.. No More problems.

Note: I bought a lot of 12 and this had a wire cut or broken for no whell spin. Came across this after.. Also the hoppers where not in the machines, some have no hoppers at all. So I mixed and match. 5 out of 12 not bad.

They where like $300 for the lot..

Old Out

Did I Answer??

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Oldpapa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpapa
    Ahh, I have been thru this on a Doggy Jam Special Machine.

If you look on the main Processor PCB you will see lots of LED's

One might say (hoping it is in English) HC and another HE. Also look for coin in and out LEDs.

What I did to check was to remove the hopper when machine is on. The one unit I have has a mounted disconnect at the inside, so sliding it out unhooked.

The hopper would stop (yup) and I hit reset. I can then insert coins watching the LEDs.

I traced the wiring on this machine to find that it had 5 ground leads, but one was a HC Hopper check? Hopper COin? LED. This LED goes out when hopper removed. No Follow me.. Not easy to explain

By Removing the hopper, and doing reset started the machine. I was able to insert coins in the machine and even push the hopper back after the 1st coin was dropped in the slot. It would run find until cash out.

I found the sensor wire and cut that baby.. No More problems.

Note: I bought a lot of 12 and this had a wire cut or broken for no whell spin. Came across this after.. Also the hoppers where not in the machines, some have no hoppers at all. So I mixed and match. 5 out of 12 not bad.

They where like $300 for the lot..

Old Out

Did I Answer??

Hello and thanks for the tips ,
    I finally managed to get my Animal King working but as soon as I turn on my Hopper the problem appears again : spinning arround and arround , I can play it now but I`m curious what will happen if I hit the jackpot ? , I`m pretty positive that the Hopper causes the problem ..

Regards Jan
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 04-24-2006 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i take it you did as i suggested and are now able to run the machine . what did you mean buy "as soon as I turn on my Hopper " how are you turning it on ? (did you mean plug it in? ) the problem appears to be either the board controlling the hopper or possibly the sensor on the hopper that detects the tokens passing through the hopper is defective or just plain dirty and cant see light ..... you might want to disassemble the hopper where the tokens come out there is a sensor in side that chute that counts shadows when the token passes its possible its covered with dirt or that its burnt out ....also double check all the connections to the hopper are good and tight .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you say "turn the hopper on" are you switching on a switch? I found out the hard way the switch was for emptying the hopper and should normally be left in the off position. Then all worked okay.