Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spin Luck on ebay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Spin Luck on ebay

Congrats on your new Spin Luck

Thats good news, finally heard from the seller.
    Let us know how this ends up. I had my finger on the mouse with seconds to go on this auction, ready to try to snipe it, but decided in the end to let it go. I was reeeely close to sniping it!!

Good Luck
    RJ
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by 20sporty02
    did you give them any instructions on how to pack it for shipping?
    No...according to his feedback, he atleast has some experience selling pinball machines. But, I don't know for a fact if he was responsible for shipping them.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a big difference in the packing of a pinball machine and a slot. I had two pinballs delivered that were basically wrapped in plastic and set in a freight truck. You might want to contact him about the packing of the Spin Luck.
    ...Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

EVH you still havent received it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm I smell scallions hope you get it and that all is working and its in good condition. Keep us posted
    Led Zepplin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I just sent an email with some pictures of boxes from the recent thread "Shipping and You the Receiver"...I empathetically asked him to take some care in packing this thing up. The Spin Luck machine is going right in the middle of my other four. Heck, it's the pride of my 'gameroom' and if I have to open a box full of shattered plastic a week from now...it'll bring me to tears.

I'm a little frustrated that he hasn't yet shipped the thing. I paid $90/shipping and apparently that doesn't guarantee squat. I see the fella is responding to my emails (albeit a day or two later)...so, I have hope it'll be on it's way by the end of the week. I suppose this is what I asked for though when I chose to snipe a Spin Luck from a private seller versus a reputable dealer. Perhaps Pachinko Palace has spoiled me with their 3-day shipping times. Cripes...you'd think Pachinko Palace would have a method to beam the machine into your home as you hit the "bid" button.

Anyways, from his feedback rating, he appears to close most deals within 2-3 weeks of the end of the auction. That would put me within the average...I suppose. The last time I took awhile to ship out a package to a winning bidder of one of my auctions, I emailed the winning bidder every day (whether they wanted to know or not) just to tell them that I would be getting around to shipping the item soon. I hate feeling as though I have to chase a seller down.

However, those are the breaks (I suppose) when you're trying to add a Pachi-machine as lucrative as the legendary Spin Luck, eh?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anticipation sweetens the prize!? I'm trying to put a positive spin on the wait
    ...Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Should I bank your "positive spin" or use it now?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You might as well start getting used to banking or as it is called in Spinluckology, "keep it in stock".
    ...Carol

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't blame you for being frustrated! And, can't blame you for being nervous about his packing, too. Keeping fingers crossed for ya!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've got a good feeling this one is going to work out for you. So don't sweat it.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's always the worst waiting for a new machine - your mind thinks the worst. I'm sure it will be fine and I look forward to hearing what you think of the mighty Spiiiiiinn Luuuccckkk!
    Star Wars, Spin Luck#749. Jet Set Radio, Space Shuttle Pinball & Monolopy quiz machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good news! The Spin Luck has finally shipped and is on its way to me on 05/03/06.

I received a phone call from the Ebay seller informing me that he did not actually possess the machine. In reality, he posted the auction for someone else...and the real owner of the machine has been a bit lazy when it came down to getting the machine ready for shipping. As it turns out, the real owner did not even acquire a suitable box to ship it in until Monday (5/1)...that just happens to be the day that I was told it would be shipped no later than. The good news is that I've been assured the machine is in immaculate condition. The physical seller of the machine acquired it from someone (a vendor supposedly) locally in the Wyoming area (I suspect) since the FedEx tracking number shows it coming from Wyoming. I sent the money order (though) to Colorado in care of the Ebay seller's name. They've had my money order since 4/19/06 and I've been waiting ever since.

After a short conversation today confirming that it has finally been shipped, the Ebay seller assured me that the seller had the machine "professionally packed" and insured via FedEx. I appreciated hearing that they took the time to carefully pack the machine...after I explicitly informed them how FedEx (and similar) seem to enjoy mishandling these packages.

I got a positive feeling after talking with the Ebay seller on the phone. He seemed pretty reassuring that everything was under control and that he had my interests at heart. He was also apologetic for the person whom he was assuming the role of seller.

Early tracking says that it should be arrive sometime this coming Monday (5/8). I'll advise on its condition at that time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Delighted to hear it's on it's way to you, EVH! I would have had a nervous breakdown if I had to wait as long as you.

That's the problem with selling for someone else, are they ever going to ship it.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Spin Luck on ebay

FINALLY! My Spin Luck has arrived!

FedEx delivered it (of course) when noone was home, but thankfully, our landlord signed for it. Problem is, our landlord lives across the street...maybe some 200 yards away from our front door. My fiance, knowing how much it meant to me, carted it all the way over on a wheeled truck (similar to a dolly)...ain't she nice?

No surprise...the box was mangled a bit on its way here. While I respect the Ebay seller for informing me that he was not the actual person who owned the Spin Luck...he was only listing it for someone...the actual owner packed the thing pretty "average" at best compared to some vendors. I don't think anyone will compete with Pachinko Palace...really. The machine was wrapped maybe twice around the "body" with bubble wrap, bottomed with styrofoam, and filled with peanuts. The peanuts found their way into everything and it was quite a mess on my carpet floor. I had to clean the inside of the machine of peanuts. Feeling sorry for me, the original seller tossed in some extra tokens...though it seems they disregarded my advice to place the ziplocked bags (of tokens) inside the machine. Instead, the shipper layered the bags of tokens around the base of the machine. A few of the bags broke open and I had to go scrounging through the peanuts to find as many tokens as I could. Some of them found their way into the trash dumpster (I'm sure) because at some point I had to decide whether it was worth the effort to score maybe 5-10 extra tokens. I fancy the tokens with the "777" and the "slot machine" on the other side...so, I didn't scrounge around for long.

I spent some time cleaning off that "sticker residue" on the front window that we all spotted in the pictures on Ebay. It wasn't much...just a little over the right reel...I wasn't able to get it completely off, but it's hardly noticeable now. The machine was in pretty good shape both inside and out. Even though the shipping container was in less desirable shape, the machine arrived in very good condition. Hard to complain about anything overall. In about 10 minutes, I installed two volume potentiometers and waited until I hit a BB to dial them into more appropriate levels.

How is the machine? Let me just add my two cents by agreeing with all the other Pachitalk members...the Spin Luck is the pinacle of the Pachislo world. I doubt I'll ever attempt to swing at scoring a Harley Davidson, so this is it for me (for now!). I noticed right away that the "Flexible Disc" is really thin. It looks like it could be made of paper. The sound effects make it sound like there is way more to it than there actually is. This, being my 5th machine, is surprising more addictive (so far) than any of the others I own. I'm not yet sure what causes this...but, it's true. We'll have to see if it has the same effect on my guests.

I hit my first BB after shelling around 300 tokens into it on level 6. At one point (while playing out the BB), the reels strobed white and I heard a "We'll keep it in stock"...Hurray! My first "Banked Spin"! I tried to avoid the last JAC-IN, but failed...so as soon as the BB was over...I was spinning that darn wheel quicker than you can say "Spin that darn wheel!" My first spin?....landed on 333! I messed up the 1st or 2nd spin 'cause I wasn't paying attention and managed to get something like 319 of the target points in the end. Most machines tend to bore me with their side games after awhile...not this one. Not by a long shot. The whole time I was playing...there was yet more opportunities to acquire more "spins"...I think that's what keeps it interesting. You live for that "spin" moment.

Well...back to living for the moment.

15. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to evh347

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay...I've won 2 BB...and have had a few spins tonight. I landed on a 333, a 100, and a 20.

Just before heading off to bed...I banked 3 spins. I thought I'd power down and play them in the morning. Nah! I want to play them now! So, I powered it back up...

Guess what...those banked spins are gone.

Note to self...SELF...do not power off the machine with banked spins.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm going to have to try this to be sure, but I don't remember losing my spins when I've powered down and I kill the power at a plug strip.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We powered down every night and a number of times during the day when Willie was here for 3 weeks. It kept those 5 Future Games the entire time.

I've even done that with a single banked spin. I'm thinking the capacitor that maintains them is draing way too fast on yours.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    I've got a good feeling this one is going to work out for you. So don't sweat it.
    guess Tulsa was right about this one, i'm glad everything worked out in the end
    for you
    "When the power of love overcomes the
    love of power, the world will know peace" Jimi Hendrix

22. The following user says "Thanks" to 20sporty02

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by evh347
    Okay...I've won 2 BB...and have had a few spins tonight. I landed on a 333, a 100, and a 20.

Just before heading off to bed...I banked 3 spins. I thought I'd power down and play them in the morning. Nah! I want to play them now! So, I powered it back up...

Guess what...those banked spins are gone.

Note to self...SELF...do not power off the machine with banked spins.

That's great news evh, Glad it arrived safe and sound. Amazing machine isn't it.

On the lost spins, I have never lost any spins when powering down, and then powering up. My stocked spins always stayed available. So I can verify that the stocked spins should remain for you. Check the switches on the power supply, mine are both in the down posistion. What did happend to me though, I was in the middle of a futures game, trying to match the target points, I had to leave the machine, 45 min. later I came back and the target and current point totals were cleared. I nevered powered down, I just left and returned to finish. Which I thought was strange. I was wondering if this senario has occured for any other SL owners.

Good luck with the new machine, it's addicting.

RJ
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

24. The following user says "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Spin Luck on ebay

Well, I just woke up...powered the Spin Luck up...and my three banked Spins were there! I'm pretty sure that I didn't misread that thing last night...but, maybe I did. Weird.

Why is this machine so darn addicting? Thanks fellas!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast