Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars and Spiderman!

Congrats Jack

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a quick update. The machine from Curt arrived in good condition. Not Arby like packaging, but it made it! He appeared to use foam to surround the machine. It was packed pretty tight. I received the Star Wars yesterday. Duct tape, bubble wrap and all. TERRIBLE packaging! There is slight damage to the wood case on the lower left side. There is also damage to the door hinge mechanism top left. I may be able to fix both. But, it appears that the face plate is a bit crooked at this point. I'm in the middle of sheet rocking another room in my basement where the machines will hang, so I dont know if I can fix the problem yet. I have written David at Imatrix to advise him of the condition of the machine. The box actually arrived in pretty good shape. You obviously get what you pay for. Once again, the machine is clean, but it's hard to expect anything to survive unscathed with packaging of that caliber. Hopefully I can get the hinge fixed as you have to open the door to turn the game on. Plus, I'm sure gameplay will suffer if the face plate is not level. I will let you know.
    Tim......

Forgot to say, I also took pictures. I will post them as I find time.
    Tim....
    Last edited by timott; 04-22-2006 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congratz....
    LLTR :boxing:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it would have cost maybe $10 or $15 more for a safe packing, it is a shame a crying shame.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have Evangelion

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arby, I just don't get why people pack these machines the way they do. I know it's the money thing. But, I would gladly pay an extra $20 for peace of mind. I mean, I am investing around 500 bucks already. What's another $20? It doesn't make sense! When I saw (through tracking) that my Stars Wars machine was sitting at a Fed Ex loading dock in Detroit, I shuddered! I would take comfort knowing that Fed Ex could take their best shot at beating up my machine if it were packaged with at least a LITTLE TLC. I don't know what these vendors are thinking!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remember unless you complain, send the machine back, reverse the credit card charges, etc, why would some of the lesser vendors care? As long as they got your money they are happy. Some only look at the Profit and margin side of things. For some it's a part time thing, selling machines on the side, and how many people (besides most of us) buy lots of machines. So why worry about repeat customers. The other thing is they can be new to packing machines and don't know how to really pack that well and won't know unless you complain. It would be nice to hear davids (Imax or whatevers) side but he choses not to be a part of this board, so be it.

So if I can, I'll always try to pick up the machine myself, getting to see said machine before buying can't be beat, plus free road testing. If not I buy from someone that everyone has had good experiences with, it might cost a little more, but in what I'll save in headaches and hassles it's well worth it!

Cheers,
    James

Just when you think you've acomplished something!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by timott
    Arby, I just don't get why people pack these machines the way they do. I know it's the money thing. But, I would gladly pay an extra $20 for peace of mind. I mean, I am investing around 500 bucks already. What's another $20? It doesn't make sense! When I saw (through tracking) that my Stars Wars machine was sitting at a Fed Ex loading dock in Detroit, I shuddered! I would take comfort knowing that Fed Ex could take their best shot at beating up my machine if it were packaged with at least a LITTLE TLC. I don't know what these vendors are thinking!

They just don't love the machine for what it is, to they it is only money.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,
    I recieved my Rocky Pachinko from Imatrix yesterday. Packing was not great but the machine arrived fine. It included key, NO feet and 500 balls that were scattered EVERYWHERE in the box and all through the machine. It took 30 min just to find all the balls in the machine!! I think I just got lucky and UPS was nice to this machine. It needed a good cleaning but everything seems to be working fine, although my outer pockets do not seem to pay anything?? I have even dropped a ball through them. The middle pocket works fine and pays. I already hit 2 fever rounds. Now that was fun with only 500 balls....lol!!! Overall, I do not think I would use Imatrix again. I think next time I will spend the extra money and buy from the master, ARBY!! Live and learn. I still have a lot of questions as this is my first pachinko, but I think im hooked.

Jack
    Neo Magic Pulsar, King Camel, Rocky Pachinko,
    Top Gun Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JVCJr26
    Hi,
    I recieved my Rocky Pachinko from Imatrix yesterday. Packing was not great but the machine arrived fine. It included key, NO feet and 500 balls that were scattered EVERYWHERE in the box and all through the machine. It took 30 min just to find all the balls in the machine!! I think I just got lucky and UPS was nice to this machine. It needed a good cleaning but everything seems to be working fine, although my outer pockets do not seem to pay anything?? I have even dropped a ball through them. The middle pocket works fine and pays. I already hit 2 fever rounds. Now that was fun with only 500 balls....lol!!! Overall, I do not think I would use Imatrix again. I think next time I will spend the extra money and buy from the master, ARBY!! Live and learn. I still have a lot of questions as this is my first pachinko, but I think im hooked.

Jack
    Arby is always first choice, but if he don't have it I'll look elsewhere
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If your outer pay pockets aren't paying off, check for blockage and if none do a hard reset

A hard Reset
    Hold in the reset button and than turn on machine still holding in for 3 to 6 seconds than release button , now check your pockets with balls.

Remember
    some pockets are just pass throufht to stock flip movements (up to 4)
    There is a list one fake one to make the machine look good

12. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It would be nice to hear davids (Imax or whatevers) side but he choses not to be a part of this board, so be it.

So far I have not had a reply from them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2