Thread: Autostop/Autocredit

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Autostop/Autocredit

I purchased one of these autostop cables from Vince. After I received I noticed on his web site there was an auto credit feature you can add to your cable by simply soldering a couple wires to the location specified and running them to the coin mech. This is one cool little add on to your machine if you play a lot, and don't really want to add tokens all the time. Since I have several Yamasa machines that take the same AS-02C cable, I wanted to pre wire all my Yamasa machines to accept the Autostop/Autocredit device, so jumping it from machine to machine would be quick and painless. I also did this so there were no wires hanging at risk of getting snagged on moving parts, or that looked out of place.

I just soldered two 6 inch wires to the location specified on the AS-02C board, and crimped on a couple of 1/4 inch male spade connectors. On the wires coming from the coin mech I crimped a couple of female 1/4 inch connectors. I marked all A and B so the connections would not mixed up. This really works out well. Install the pre wired autostop/Autocredit cable on the stop board and hook up your connectors. All my Yamasa machines have been wired like this so I can use this awesome little device in any of them.

Thanks Vince, everybody in our house loves this thing.
    RJ

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/4...23small2sh.jpg

http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/6...14small4ri.jpg

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/7...15small1mq.jpg

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/1...19small2qh.jpg

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/5...20small6vv.jpg
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Autostop/Autocredit

Thanks for the info and pics rjb. thats gonna make some of our lives alot easier!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just a side note on this auto credit feature. Not only does it add the credits to your machines without handling the tokens, But it also converts your pachi into a very accurate and quick token counter. I just counted, bagged, and labeled 3000 tokens in 15 minutes. Fill the hopper, Hit the third button, add the credits (53) and hit the payout button. Machine will dispense 50 tokens to the tray, leaving 3 to the spin knob. Simply awesome.
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

haha, I think Vince's price might have just gone up!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That set up is basically what I have been doing. Not to have only one auto stop but to take it out easily if I sell the machine and they do not want it on. I would not want to have to move it to one machine after the other.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Guess I need to get one of those then....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rjb0388
    Just a side note on this auto credit feature. Not only does it add the credits to your machines without handling the tokens, But it also converts your pachi into a very accurate and quick token counter. I just counted, bagged, and labeled 3000 tokens in 15 minutes. Fill the hopper, Hit the third button, add the credits (53) and hit the payout button. Machine will dispense 50 tokens to the tray, leaving 3 to the spin knob. Simply awesome.
    Thats pretty cool. I don't realy like having a auto stop, I think it takes away from game play but that autocredit feature is great. I hate counting tokens. Even with a scale it still sucks. I wish they made an auto credit without the auto stop.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Autoslot used to make credit only boards, but apparently there wasn't enough of a market to justify keeping the models around

http://www.autoslot.info/pachitalk
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

11. The following user says "Thanks" to cwstnsko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Auto stop/Autocredit

If you are a member here long enough, when you purchase an auto stop you are getting it for the credit add function. There are some out there that is an auto stop only. They are worthless! Make sure you know what you are getting. Just don't use the auto stop part of it. To use it you have to turn it on by pressing one of the stop buttons for a few seconds. In normal play you pretty much have to purposely want it on and press the button long enough. If someone does accidental turn it on it is no big deal. You usually can stop the reels before it kicks in. If you notice it on just press the button for a bit and it is off again. It does not pay to make something without the auto stop The credit add function uses some of the some wiring and programing as the auto stop part of it. If you have a machine that does not need the extra circuit board along with the chip to make it work, then you can just buy the do it your self kit from Auto slot. http://www.autoslot.info/pachitalk.htm There are eight wires you have to hook up. If you do not want the auto stop part of it you just leave two of them off. If you go through the work that far you might as well just hook up the whole thing! If I sell one of my machines I show them the auto stop with credit add function. If they like it and will pay for it then it goes with the machine. If I hooked it all up, auto stop and credit then it is already there. No messing around later. When I hook up the auto stop I always make sure I have male and female spade hookups so I can take out the whole reel stop board and put one in that does not have the auto stop on it. That way if they don't want it I can just change them out. This is a good idea even if it is for yourself. You may need to take out the stop board for something.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lazarus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the tips and info Laz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Technically I'm rehashing old posts but it does not hurt to post about it again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Laz & Chris hit the nail on the head.

Although in the past, several members stated they really wanted the credit-add only, I only sold a total of 9 units to 3 individuals. It costs me the same to make them with the AutoStop, and it wasn't worth the hassle of having another chip program that just disabled the AutoStop portion.

To AutoStop or not, that is the question! I think many PachiTalk members prefer to preserve the Japenese spirit of the machines and not use the AutoStop portion. However, there are a lot of other machine users that want more of the "Vegas" feel of the machines and want the AutoStop.

I only advertise the credit-add portion to PachiTalk members. The ones I sell on E-bay are not advertised with credit-add. Some people that buy my units on E-Bay, later become PachiTalk members and want the credit-add portion. The E-Bay units do have the credit-add code, and this function can be enabled by adding two wires, as explained on my site.

Vince
    autoslot

17. The following user says "Thanks" to autoslot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never realized that the ebay auctions did not state the credit function. But then I have always went directly to you Vince. I think the ones that Siscom tries to sell or should I say unload on there site are auto stop only.

I really like that puke smiley! To bad you can't make him face the right when you want to.
    Last edited by Lazarus; 04-10-2006 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Vince, question on the IGT model. Does it still require many more wire than the two wire? As IGT's are infamous for having a very small token chute, these would benefit the most from the auto-credit feature. I seem to have it in my head thought that trying this function on the IGT's is a whole lot more time consuming.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My credit add can be implemented on most machines with just 2 wire connections. On these machines, the coin sensors are normally high and are pulled low by a phototransistor when the token passes through the sensor. My circuit places a transistor (or relay) switch in parallel with the existing phototransistor.

On some machines, such as IGT, Luster and NET, the coin sensors are normally low and must be pulled high. This cannot be accomplished by a parallel circuit. It needs a serial circuit to break the existing connection. Therefore a total of 4 wires is needed, 2 for each coin sensor. I use a normally closed pair of relay contacts that open to break the circuit on each sensor.

(Note: Daido machines have 3 normally high coin sensors, needing 3 coin sensor wires.)
    autoslot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know where I got the idea 10 wires were needed? Anyway, can you post a pic of the wiring to an IGT and NET models and which auto-stop is needed. Specifically for the 2002 and prior IGT's and SBJ NET.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

10 wires are needed on the NET, because it does not have a normal stop board. 4 coin, 3 buttons, 1 spin and 2 power. Here is the install on a NET Super BlackJack. The connector on the left is for the coin sensors. The yellow and orange wires are cut, and the circuit is completed through normally closed relay contacts on the AutoStop unit.

http://www.autoslot.info/NET.JPG

I don't have the IGT picture handy, but the coin wires are similar (4 connections made to the red and orange wires). These 4 coin wires are about 5 feet long to give them enough room to reach to the AutoStop unit that is plugged into the stop board on the right side of the machine via the 30 pin connector.
    autoslot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I received my AS-NET autostop/autocredit kit from Vince at autoslot last week. The unit comes prewired and soldered for the 10 connections needed, and 10 quick T taps for the machine connections. Follow the clear and easy instructions provided, and you will have no problems. Don't forget to cut the coin mech wires(yellow & orange) between the installed T tap connectors. This kit works like a charm. Takes 10 minutes to install. This is a real nice kit allowing the SBJ the autostop/autocredit capabilities. I have aquired extra wiring harnesses, CN7, CN6, and CN5, if I ever wanted to restore the machine to its original condition.

The AS-NET is a great add on to the SBJ making one of my favorite machines even better.

Thanks for your efforts Vince,
    RJ

24. The following user says "Thanks" to rjb0388