Thread: How many pachis can I run ...... ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How many pachis can I run ...... ?

I am running the original machines, so using a main transformer to convert 230V down to 110 V. I have a 300 watt transformer......how much power do pachis take ? how many could I run from a single power strip connected to the transformer ? ( one alternative would be to get a higher power rating transformer ? )

Cheers

BIG"S"
    Pachinko: Star Wars, Gachinko 7, Thunderzone, Apollo, Top Gun

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How many pachis can I run ...... ?

I run 5 machines per strip and it works fine.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

big s do you mean to connect your transformer to the power strip so the power strip is 110v supply rail basicaly if so The conversion of Watts to Amps is governed by the equation Amps = Watts/Volts so 300/110=2.72amps aprox 3 amps and a pachi in play mode is about 1.5-2 amps and about 3-4 amps in bonus so its a bad egg to conect more than 1 pachi to that 300watt transformer it will heat u psmoke and probebly set light you need a mutch bigger transformer than the one you got give us a shout if you want a idea of transformer size or where to purchase in the uk as there is enough electronics people here to help out
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So max would be 2 pachis if I used one of the industrial 750 watt , 110 V drill transformers assuming a maximum 750/110 = 6.8 Amps load ?

You can actually buy 3000 Watt ( 3KVA ) ones for about 50 quid, so it might be worth getting one anyway....

Also I guess it depends on the maximum rating of the power strip, I'd better have a closer look at the one I got from the USA.......

Cheers

BIG "S"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you can get away with running up to 13 amps safley from one standard british 4 plug power strip

how come you looking at running machines from one transformer have you got a machine without a transformer cause you can buy them singularly from maplins for about £10-£15

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My pachinkos have the small replacement internal transformers, however, 3 of my 4 slots came as factory wired, so I was forced to use external transformers...... I just though it would be neater to have 1 big transformer rather than the individual external ones.......

BIG"S"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324
    big s do you mean to connect your transformer to the power strip so the power strip is 110v supply rail basicaly if so The conversion of Watts to Amps is governed by the equation Amps = Watts/Volts so 300/110=2.72amps aprox 3 amps and a pachi in play mode is about 1.5-2 amps and about 3-4 amps in bonus so its a bad egg to conect more than 1 pachi to that 300watt transformer it will heat u psmoke and probebly set light you need a mutch bigger transformer than the one you got give us a shout if you want a idea of transformer size or where to purchase in the uk as there is enough electronics people here to help out

your figures are a bit high try in regular mode around .5-.9 amps and bonus .9-1.9 amp load at the plug or 110 side which is what he's intrested in and the answer your looking for is 1.5 machines on a 300 watt 110 volt supply 2 if the current draw on both machines is in the low range my hanabi with the lcd screen is around .6 amp in regular mode and just over an amp on full load with the hopper paying out by the way thats measured with an ammeter inline not an estimate........ to many people think a 5 amp transformer draws 5 amps at the socket IT DOESNT DRAW 5.0 amps at the socket . it draws around 120 watts (24volt x 5.0 amps = 120 watts ) or 120watt / 110 volt = 1.09 amps at the wall .it draws 5.0 amp at the secondary of the transformer only...

lets see what the current draw on the plug side of your comverter would be 120 watts / 230 volts = 0.53 amp
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ahhh i see just a personal thought as i was helping solid state out with the same sort of thing and pointed out a power strip was a bad idea as it only wanted a friend to plug a 240v normal plug in to the strip not knowing and BANG by by transformer or even do it yourself without thinking

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    your figures are a bit high try in regular mode around .5-.9 amps and bonus .9-1.9 amp load at the plug or 110 side which is what he's intrested in and the answer your looking for is 1.5 machines on a 300 watt 110 volt supply 2 if the current draw on both machines is in the low range my hanabi with the lcd screen is around .6 amp in regular mode and just over an amp on full load with the hopper paying out by the way thats measured with an ammeter inline not an estimate........ to many people think a 5 amp transformer draws 5 amps at the socket IT DOESNT DRAW 5.0 amps at the socket . it draws around 120 watts (24volt x 5.0 amps = 120 watts ) or 120watt / 110 volt = 1.09 amps at the wall .it draws 5.0 amp at the secondary of the transformer only...

lets see what the current draw on the plug side of your comverter would be 120 watts / 230 volts = 0.53 amp
    sorry i was trying to guestimate the figures at about 1:15 in the morning over here but we came to about the same answer as it be hard to conect 1.5 pachis to a power strip
    Last edited by drcrippen324; 04-06-2006 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well lets see you can make a power supply for your 24 volt pachi's very simply by using two large 110 volt transformers and enclosing them in a box and wiring them with the primary black from one transformer and the white from the other to the supply (220 volt)and spliceing the other black and white together that makes a 220 volt transformer with 2 -24 volt taps to run your machines just run cables out of the box to each machine no converter nessessary. if you use bigger transformers you can run more machines from that supply same way the pachi parlors do ....just make sure you test the output on each tap to make sure the output is in the 24 volt range before hooking up the machines .
    Last edited by alstonj1; 04-06-2006 at 08:33 AM.
    Jeff

11. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1