Thread: My first modern Pachinko machine Star Wars

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first modern Pachinko machine (Star Wars)

I finally decided to take the plunge and buy my first modern pachinko machine. The great thing about this board is that everything you need to know is here, you just have to look around. Having decided on a short list of Spiderman, Star Wars, Rocky and Fireworks. All top machines, and after looking at the vids of spiderman (I was kind of wishing the soundtrack would have been from the 6t's spiderman cartoon, but no such luck) Spiderman got taken off the list. Rocky was'nt really the theme I was looking for so off the list it went. So down to Star Wars and Fireworks. After hearing about switching cells on machines and talking to Arbycoffee about it (a Star blazers cell will fit into a star wars frame) I decided on a Star Wars. Message to arbycoffee, I'am already saving for that Large Yamoto (star blazers) cell.

Since Arbycoffee put a Star Wars machine up for auction, I had to bid for it. How can anyone not want at least one arbycoffee machine! After making sure that arby would ship to canada, no problem was the reply, and he'll even pay the brokerage/duty fees for you, before shipping, which saves me money. What can I say but I got outbid, hopefully it went to a good home. So now to search for another Star Wars.

SuperPachinko is one of the newer vendors out there, and he has a few Star Wars machines for sale and a few of the other really good titles (Spiderman, Rocky, Fireworks) and he's a member of Pachitalk. The biggest suprise is that SuperPachinko's Toronto office is only about 4 miles away from where I live. So after PMing Paul a couple of times I made arrangements to meet him at his office. You can't say enough about being able to see the machines before you buy, it really takes the worries out of things.

Paul set up Star wars and Fireworks for me. I was really impressed by fireworks and that full LCD screen, pictures don't really do this machine justice. All I can say is that if I did'nt really have my heart set on Star Wars, Fireworks would have been coming home with me. Now onto Star Wars, this machine in attract mode is really impressive, they change different colours and really shout, Play me, Play me, which of course I did. It does'nt take long for this machine to hook you, play it for 5 min and this machine will be going home with you. Now to say a few words for Paul from SuperPachinko, just like he has on his ebay sales, these machines are super clean. It's really hard to tell that these were really used hard at a parlour. My Star Wars was up to the standard of the Pachislo machines that I got from big bear. The machine is set up Parlour style (which is what I wanted from my first machine, but I now can understand why cyclic usage is popular ) and I wonder why there are little balls on my floor! The machine also comes with a Powervolt 6 amp transformer, so no worries there! After having made the deal with paul, in which he'll throw in 500 extra balls and the key for a pachitalk member, he asks which colour stand feet that I'd like and he'll set up the machine and pack it. After I go to Ikea to see if they have any new stands, the machine is packed and ready to go home. Even though it's only going into my car, paul double boxes the machine with lots of rubber foam, so no worries there. Also no shipping charges for pickup and no pickup charges, Thanks Paul!

I've been playing Star Wars off and on the last week and still not hit a fever round yet but have come close (or so I like to think). I found out the hard way about the manual ball stop (it takes a while for the machine to catch up when I did find it) Thanks to Rupan777 star wars translation. It makes things a little easier and to all those reviews in the museum (thanks for the little tips on the chance button) . Of course I'am going to have to add some sound controls on the speakers, they come in Loud, louder and wake up the building. All I can say is that yes, Star Wars is selling at a Premium right now,and is it worth it. YES is my resounding answer. Let's just say the poor pachislo machines have not come on since the Star Wars showed up. even the Spin Luck.

So for a overall review:

Superpachinko is a great dealer, very clean machines and a great guy to deal with. If your in the Toronto area and want to drop by to see his machines just PM him and make an appointment. Paul also said he's interested in bringing in accessories in as well, so if you have anything your intrusted in let him know.

Star Wars: What a great machine, you won't go wrong getting this machine. It has it all, great light show, R2D2 that moves and is interactive with the game. Lots of fun playing the bonus rounds (only gotten to 3 of them so far). Great interactivity with the LCD screen and hopefully I get to a fever round one of these days. I'am really looking forward to discovering all the bonus rounds and what ever else comes. It plays lots of movie clips and the light saber even lights up. I've heard lots of hype with this machine and guess what, it really lives up to it!!

If you only own Pachislo machines and have not gotten a Pachinko machine yet you don't know what you are missing, take the plunge, and you thought Pachislo machines were addicting, wait till you try a Pachinko machine!!

Cheers,
    James

Just when you think you've acomplished something!

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to vespacar

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first modern Pachinko machine (Star Wars)

Thanks for the review, I just purchased a machine from him and it's comforting to know that I will recieve a quality machine.
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by DaStooge
    Thanks for the review, I just purchased a machine from him and it's comforting to know that I will recieve a quality machine.
    My guess is that you picked up the Rocky machine that I saw there?

Cheers,
    James

Just when you think you've acomplished something!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent! Thanks, James!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great review James, I'm sure that will be lots of help to anyone not sure whether to take the plunge. I agree about the Star Wars, it's a great machine. Can't comment on any of the others, but I just want one and the Star Wars is it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I too must sing my praises for Paul. I bought a Star Wars machine direct from him and he shipped it to me here in California. I had some trouble getting it going and he helped me through emails and over the phone without hesitation. He even was ready to send a replacement machine if he could not talk me through the troubeshooting. Great service and we got it going great. He recommended a site to get volume adjusters and I bought them there and installed them when they arrived. These are a must to get the sound down! Paul is certainly someone I will deal with again!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have been thinking about getting a Pachinko...but it would have to be a Betty.
    Dawn

10. The following user says "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for those kind words Vespacar. You were an excellent customer as well. Enjoy the Star Wars and please do not loose sleep over it like I did trying to reach the fever rounds.