Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who Wants Tokens????

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Who Wants Tokens????

I received the tokens as ordered. 5000 tokens showed up at the door. The tokens are silver in color and in very good shape. The tokens work in all my machines, no problems. You were'nt kidding about the bulletproof packaging.
    They came in a cardboard box 13"x9"X5". Totally wrapped in duct tape, and the duct tape was totally wrapped in brown packaging tape. There was no way this box was going to blowout. Inside the box is one plastic bag filled with tokens. Should I count them??? No weight on the box, but I'm guessing 50 pounds or so. All in all a great deal, 5000 usable tokens for 132.51 I will use this seller again.
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

2. The following user says "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the review rjb

Thanks
    Thanks Received

He states on his add that the tokens are .9 not .984 then he states that they are bigger than a quarter????
    Could someone that has bought them tell me if they are .984? I don't want to have to try and convert 3 machines.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by sailorpatp
    He states on his add that the tokens are .9 not .984 then he states that they are bigger than a quarter????
    Could someone that has bought them tell me if they are .984? I don't want to have to try and convert 3 machines.

Yep, They are .984 and work in all my machines. .984 is slightly larger than a quarter. You should have no problems.

I've noticed the average price of his auctions are now ending around 60.00 - 70.00 plus shipping (99.00) People must be catching on to him. When I purchased they were averaging around 30.00 - 40.00
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

6. The following user says "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just out of curiousity, do you guys and gals think he would make more or less if he lowered the shipping down to actually shipping costs?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe the seller would probably do better if he had a more realistic shipping price, and let the auction roll on. By charging the inflated shipping price pretty much guarantees him some sort of profit. That being said, most buyers of these tokens are informed as to how much they are worth, so you must always take the sellers shipping charges into consideration when ever you put a bid in.

My tokens were shipped by UPS Ground. I did end up weighing the box full of tokens, it tipped the scales at 62.5 pounds. Hell, that's almost what a pachi weighs. They were shipped from CA to NH. The seller would of done even better if he chose USPS Priority Mail flat rate box. 5000 tokens would of easily fit into two flat rate boxes, as mentioned previously, for just 16.20. And the buyer would of received in 2-3 days.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    Just out of curiousity, do you guys and gals think he would make more or less if he lowered the shipping down to actually shipping costs?

I always add the shipping into the price when I bid and use it to decide how much I will bid. Paypal will still get their fee from the shipping payment but ebay fee will be less for the seller. Ebay has no set rule for how much you can charge for shipping. Look at charms in some stores and the price will be .01 and the shipping $4.95. Power sellers do that a lot to keep ebay from making more than they do on small items. What I hate is sellers that don't put a shipping in their auction and just say, "Buyer to pay all shipping cost." Then you get some guy that wants to charge you for gas to drive the thing to a UPS store 100 miles away and $50 to pack it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I always add the shipping into the price when I bid and use it to decide how much I will bid. Paypal will still get their fee from the shipping payment but ebay fee will be less for the seller. Ebay has no set rule for how much you can charge for shipping. Look at charms in some stores and the price will be .01 and the shipping $4.95. Power sellers do that a lot to keep ebay from making more than they do on small items. What I hate is sellers that don't put a shipping in their auction and just say, "Buyer to pay all shipping cost." Then you get some guy that wants to charge you for gas to drive the thing to a UPS store 100 miles away and $50 to pack it.
    I know exactly what ya mean sailorpatp!!!!!! I won a nintendo 64 game on ebay and thinking "oh he doesn't know how much it will cost." I won it for 11usd, 2days later I get an email stating that shipping was gonna be $34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it had a 7day return policy and in the ad it stated that he would refund the full amount no questions asked. so I paid 45usd. it comes in a flat rate box from usps... so I returned it and had to get ebay and paypal involved, but I got my 45usd back and he is no longer a registered user, I dunno if he canceled his account or if ebay shut him down....

so to say the least, I stay far away from the ads that say "buyer will pay all shipping costs"
    Last edited by scooby_doo_m2002; 04-09-2006 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just scored a box of 5000 for 56.00. $155.00 shipped not to bad. $31.00 a thousand. I paid that much for 500 before.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's a pretty good deal Chris!
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well done chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got 5,000 for $56.01too.
    I see he has lowered the auctions to 4000 that he put up today, but he didn't lower the shipping.
    So... I picked up a second 5,000 today and that was $66.00
    I can hide the door keys now!
    .032 each for a boatload.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I see he has lowered the auctions to 4000 that he put up today, but he didn't lower the shipping.
    Nice job. I tried to get two but the other one I bid on went over my max of $75.00. I didn't want to go over then $35.00 a thousand.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So you are the one the outbid me then. - OH well I picked up one of the 5000 aucitons or $78 (plus the shipping)

]INIT HELLO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dapperdan
    So you are the one the outbid me then. - OH well I picked up one of the 5000 aucitons or $78 (plus the shipping)
    It must be something about the people who want the tokens but, there sure is a lot of sniping on those auctions.
    </IMG></IMG></IMG>

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wasn't so lucky with my tokens. Came in very dirty, my hands turn black just touching them. And it seems that the edges of the token are a little wider then the middle. Its like the middle of the token is worn down but the edges are still the same size. They still worked in all games except Gamera. After some adjusting they worked there too. I cleaned them up with water and Lime away. Overall I'll rate them a C - .
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All 5000 of my tokens were brand new and very shiny. Each 1000 came in their own box that was still sealed.
    ]INIT HELLO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dapperdan
    All 5000 of my tokens were brand new and very shiny. Each 1000 came in their own box that was still sealed.
    I had one big bag of 5000 dirty worn out tokens. Glad it worked out for you.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i bid on there coins and they were in excellent shape and no problem with shipping considering what i paid overall,cheapest ive seen and the coins were like new

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice
    I wasn't so lucky with my tokens. Came in very dirty, my hands turn black just touching them. And it seems that the edges of the token are a little wider then the middle. Its like the middle of the token is worn down but the edges are still the same size. They still worked in all games except Gamera. After some adjusting they worked there too. I cleaned them up with water and Lime away. Overall I'll rate them a C - .
    One lot of shiny but worn tokens that work very well.
    One lot of not very used but old tokens that stick in my Sindbad a little.
    I guess I'm happy with them.
    Great packing.
    Now I have too many tokens... Unless.... I could get a few more slots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast