Thread: Pachislo Bulb Mystery Solved!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachislo Bulb Mystery Solved!

I have been asked by alot of people what the miniture bulbs are that are in the black twist type holders. Well I did alot of foot work and it all paid off.

When you remove the holder you can pull the bulb out I took one my machines apart to look at the bulbs. They look like a pinball type 555 (which is a 6.3 volt at about 1/2 a watt) The pachislo machines use a Toshiba A24 3W bulb and the rest I noted had no markings or were marked 24V 3W or 28V 3W. As I said I did some foot work and found out they are called wedge mount peanut miniture bulbs. However there is no part number on them. I got out my secret magic decoder ring and did some magic and found out they are DEFINATELY a 2841 24 Volt 3 watt Bulb. This is a universal number. The haskel bulb company makes them. They are a little pricey but if I buy 1,000 of them they will give me a break. They are available in boxes of ten (minimum purchase) I can get them for $1.25 per bulb. If anyone is interested let me know before I place my order at the end of the week. I found another place that can get them but they were gonna gouge me $2.25 per bulb. Can you say ouch? I hope this helps alot of people out.

Please be aware this is not the same type bulb that is used in Bellco machines these are even smaller and I still have to do some foot work on those type.

Tony

Here is a list of what machines use these bulbs, Yamasa, Sammy, IGT, Aristocrat, Mizuho, Macy likely others but that is all I can figure out for now if anyone else knows please let us know and maybe some Pachinko Machines.

Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo Bulb Mystery Solved!

"This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

3. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sweet! that works! Did you notice that they don't give a part number?? Its an excellent reference for people that own machines so they know what will work in what. It is funny they say 28 volt when I checked out all my machines they are infact 24 volt.. funny huh.

Regards,
    Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

a little miss info ? may be ?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I think they want it to be a mystery. Being informed is a bad thing you might buy else where LOL!! It is nice to know that they are available and it was not that difficult to find them once I had some info on them. The part number is the best thing to have. Don't you agree?

Tony

Thanks
    Thanks Received

truely

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When I need to replace mini bulbs I just go down to my friendly neighborhood auto parts store. Yes I said auto parts store. Ask the counter guy for a mini bulb #464 or a #400 these number are universal between brands. Wagner, Philips, Sylvannia what ever you like. Very similar to the #194 bulbs used in your car's dash lights. Both bulbs will work in your pachi where there is a mini T-3 1/4 wedge mount bulb. Both #464 and # 400 are 24/28 volt and should last 1500 hours. However the #464 is rated @ 3.0 CP (candle power) and the # 400 is rated @ 1.6 CP. I personally use # 464 because they are a little brighter. Cost about .95 each. You can get a box of ten for under 10.00. Next time you blow a reel bulb give these a try. This is all I use and never had a problem.

Good Luck,
    RJ
    Last edited by rjb0388; 03-28-2006 at 04:35 PM.
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

9. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok we have been talking about just bulbs.

I have not seen any of the larger bulbs used in any of the pachinkos I have or sold.

Sankyo's Lumina white and red frame uses LEDS and the spade type #85 (look to be the same). The LEDS are soldered in place

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rjb0388
    When I need to replace mini bulbs I just go down to my friendly neighborhood auto parts store. Yes I said auto parts store. Ask the counter guy for a mini bulb #464 or a #400 these number are universal between brands. Wagner, Philips, Sylvannia what ever you like. Very similar to the #194 bulbs used in your car's dash lights. Both bulbs will work in your pachi where there is a mini T-3 1/4 wedge mount bulb. Both #464 and # 400 are 24/28 volt and should last 1500 hours. However the #464 is rated @ 3.0 CP (candle power) and the # 400 is rated @ 1.6 CP. I personally use # 464 because they are a little brighter. Cost about .95 each. You can get a box of ten for under 10.00. Next time you blow a reel bulb give these a try. This is all I use and never had a problem.

Good Luck,
    RJ

Very informative!!! WOOHOO! Excellent!! This is great.. Now everyone will know and this is what I like to see!! Thank YOU!!

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    Ok we have been talking about just bulbs.

I have not seen any of the larger bulbs used in any of the pachinkos I have or sold.

Sankyo's Lumina white and red frame uses LEDS and the spade type #85 (look to be the same). The LEDS are soldered in place

I believe most of the LED's are pretty standard (1.5 volt feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Some are just your standard colours while others can change colours.. (more filiments in them). I believe spade type are pretty standard and easy to get.. am I right??

Tony
    Last edited by SpeedRacer888; 03-28-2006 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the 85s are

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rjb0388

Good Luck,
    RJ
    RJ, is it a mom and pop type autoparts store? or is it a national? napa,auto zone,advanced auto, auto pro??? the info will be much appreciated!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

scooby, any type auto parts store should have them. If they don't they can always order them for you, and from my experience they don't charge shipping. Auto parts stores deal with many bulbs mostly for 12v vehicles. They have access to any bulb # from any manufacturer. If you happend to walk into your local Auto-Zone store, and there is a young kid behind the counter or a new employee, just ask him if you can look at the Wagner book. Look up # 464 or # 400. and check out the specs. These bulbs were intended for aircraft usage, not automotive. So they are considered "specialty" bulbs.
    Good Luck,
    RJ
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

15. The following user says "Thanks" to rjb0388

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can almost always find what you need at www.1000bulbs.com
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by arbycoffee
    a little miss info ? may be ?

hmmm interesting would these be 1.5 volt? If so wouldn't these be pretty standard. I don't own a Pachinko however I would like to know.

Tony